Jyx Rework

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by Skullferno, Jun 27, 2014.

1. Skullferno

Skullferno I need me some PIE!

The whole idea of stealth on base though is what I don't like. We are literary just building old jyx back up. I want him to either be an assassin or a beater. Stealth should be an upgrade not on base.

I can let the whole fire immunity for a salaman racial be let go but then they have to change the lore. The lore states salamanders were slaves to demons and grew immunity to fire to help survive, they later escaped and fled to the swamp and created their great city. If they get a new racial I would prefer it be some Active Camouflage*Salaman gets Camouflage of whatever terrain they stand on for 2 turns. It can stack up to 3 times but the stacks won't carry over if the terrain changes the camo.*

I like what your saying Gabriel I really do, but the base stealth just screams assassin.

2. theKraken

theKraken I need me some PIE!

Yeah id perfer stealth on upgrades, cause alot of players dislike it

3. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Only thing I don't like about stealth on upgrades is that that would force a pair of upgrades to work, but that's no biggie.
    He needs a defensive mechanism tough, can you think of a rogue-ish defensive mecanism tht isn't stealth?
    What about hit and run (not because of basic attack trigger) or confuse enemy? this dropping assasinate and stealth as mechanics.

4. theKraken

Id say soul siphon for defense, played mid game when stuff starts dieing and its a ton of health plus dmg, opens death benefit builds, has that demon flavor, and if the cost ends at 85ish, its not the end of the world if he dies

GabrielQ likes this.
  5. GabrielQ

yeah, you are right, with soul siphon and demon support it should survive just fine.
    So, what do you think of:

Path 1: rapid attacks 3 / execute / manic
    Path 2: Strike / corruption / hostile
    Attack: physical
    Soul siphon
    Amphibious
    Split hero

Sirius, theKraken and Skullferno like this.
  6. Skullferno

That looks good.

theKraken likes this.
  7. theKraken

Yeah Gabriel thats about perfect :) hopefully its in the 80s

Aye also remember the support, fs has healing and bubble of protection.

Ud has orb, demon sheild, masochism

And both factions can feild cheap efficient units that are gonna give a death benefit for soul siphon

Ps edit hostile/ maniac could become shadowsawn or stealth/ assinate 1 if the previous combo hits to hard

Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
  8. Skullferno

Well I plan to combo Jyx not with random silly Meta but with what he is suppose to be combo'd with. Salamanders and a few demons or all salamanders. Heroes were made to be there races "hero". I want to use them in that manor.

9. theKraken

Aye was more trying to illustrate that he should live plenty long

Skullferno likes this.
  10. Skullferno

Now we just need Gedden to see this and do a quick patch change.

11. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Judging by some of the costs out there, having that in the 80s sounds like a dream...I could be wrong though.

12. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

Rather than having to argue whether or not you want old/new jyx, why not put both versions in?

People want to be able to dish ultra damage via Assassinate, and continue to attack the next opponent with Manic. At least that's what I like about my 120Nora investment. And ppl are saying he's OP when the soul siphon engine keeps going after 2 kills.

And for me, Jyx's originality comes from MANIC and STEALTH. Controlling him needs some good understanding to Manic and calculating whether or not opponent would bump into him. Its what made me play Jyx split. And the fact that he's hard to control is parallel to his lore.

Base:
    Attack: Physical
    Amphibious
    Immunity: Fire
    Stealth
    Soul Siphon (I think Leech Vitality would be OP with assassinate)

Upgrade Path 1:
    RAPID ATTACK 3 (New Jyx)
    MANIC (Old Jyx) [+A Lot of Nora]
    ABSORB (Defensive Jyx)

Upgrade Path 2:
    EXECUTE (New Jyx)
    ASSASSINATE 1 (Old Jyx, not Assassinate 2) [+A Lot of Nora]
    HORRIFIC AURA (Defensive Jyx)

I don't get why you put Evil Aura in, its flavorful sure. But mechanically speaking its really random. Manic on the other hand, fits flavorfully, and mechanically given his high damage base. Its just who Jyx has been for a very long time. Jyx without Manic is very odd.

This way, everyone is happy, and you can get your 70-80Nora Jyx w/ RapidA + Execute, or a 100Nora Jyx w/ Manic + Assassinate 1.

13. Skullferno

Horror Aura costed 14 nora alone. I like Gabriel idea better

theKraken likes this.
  14. bagoftrick

bagoftrick I need me some PIE!

it looks good but its going to cost a lot =P. the soulthirster is a pretty similar unit and costs 85 nora.

And he is 2x2 unit.
    And he starts with less damage. soul siphon gives +1 damage and + 5 hp. you might want to reconsider.
    Or you going to have to put some negative ability on base such as liability, flavourful. hes a rogue he likes to go it alone. the bog hoppers don't like to be around him because they feel he's controlled by the dagger. even then he may still be to good with soul siphon. I mean seriously the synergy here is insane. deep elf priestess plus a demon shield = one op jyx.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2014
  15. theKraken

Well after playing both thirster (unplayable at 5 speed and next to no defense) and soul bleeder (clasic build is 94! Nora and impatient can really drop his life down before he does anything) in a few games, they are really overcosted and not worth the slot (this was in a death benifit bg where they should thrive). Jyx should probably hang in the mid to high 80s. Aka fairly high risk high reward

16. Sirius

I agree that mid-high 80s is where we'd like to see him, but I'm afraid GabrielQ's version cannot cost that little (I like the ability selection, but..). Just in case the result is too expensive, consider replacing Soul Siphon base with some weaker Death Bene-like ability. (Trying to think of one, but only Vengeful comes to mind atm and I know you guys wanted him to reduce its total HP but make it regain some.)

17. Sirius

Looking at the old Jyx again, I must say I'm surprised a Shadesworn champion formerly working as an assasin took this form now. The lack of Stealth on base (soul siphon in upgrades) and assasinate in the upgrade tree has been bugging me, but I kept silent because I didn't want to cause disagreement when everyone was working together. Yes, the version I am seeing now is nice, but it seems like it has nothing to do with the old Jyx's concept?

18. theKraken

Well it was more gedden reworked him to a rogue, and stealh assinate are expensive abilitys that not everyone enjoys playing. Therefor good canidates for upgrade trees

Also imunity fire and execute are currently base so losing those to/ making them umpgrades should make room for soul siphon

19. GabrielQ

The idea would be dropping his damage/hp in order to give him a tolerable price, ideally in 1DMG/5HP steps, since 1 hp is more or less 1 nora intuitively, we have room to reduce his price into the 80's range.

20. Krakuar198

Krakuar198 Well-Known Member

If you wanted to give him something stealthy you could give him Trickster.

Trickster- When this unit activates a non-basic attack ability, it becomes Stealthed and gains Shadow Shift (This champion is relocated to target space within 5 spaces, and loses Rooted. This ability does not break stealth and is only usable while Stealthed) for 1 turn.

Don't know if that would fit though.