Karma's corner everything from discussions to videos!

Discussion in 'Videos' started by Karmavore, Apr 7, 2014.

1. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

WELCOME TO KARMA'S CORNER! Videos, discussions, laughs, me losing epicly, UNDER CONSTRUCTION IT'S ALL HERE

(NEW CONTENT) I'll be posting new video's here in this teal writing, I can however at any point do the old BG breakdowns like I did before, but now the videos will be few and far between so I wont be putting as much effort into them as I'd like to be. But as said, if requested I can do so.
    Karma VS Hekmophant (epic loss, mistakes where made)

Well, I've decided to post a few of my bg's that I've been playing around with. I'll leave these bg's open to discussion, but generally I know what I like running and changing the bg around isn't exactly what this is about.
    I want this to be a thread where people can ask questions, etc. (I can do a individual rune breakdown I suppose, but only if people request it. That's a lot of typing.) :p

So here's the first BG I've been using basically since i started playing KF, there are runes that I've switched up over the years but the general base, has never really changed.

(Click the text for link)
    BG ONE: Highlander KF

This has to be my favorite BG, for multiple reasons. One, as I said before it's pretty much remained the same with a few meta variants here and there for a little over two years now. It has all of my favorite runes (excluding elven druid). Most importantly it's my KF shiny bg, to show people how cool I am :D

To get into the BG a bit, this BG is generally a meta power house. Everything in here has a specific role, and since it's highlander I have a big selection of options VS what I'm playing. Granted highlander dosent work for everyone, but from the experience I've gained over the years, this is what works best for me. KF has far to many great champions to be running x2 of everything, and this BG is the perfect showcase of why.

This bg has huge DMG potential VIA War Leader
    (Fiorn)
    Also pretty meaty champions VIA Ally: K'thir
    Fan Faire

Some additional synergies are:
    Warcaller Fiorn + Elven Strategist (the threat range on these two is astounding)
    Wisp + Centaur Skirmisher (using phase shift on wisp, then proccing the KB dmg from Slam on CSkirmisher)
    Surprise spike dmg from Harbinger + Bullseye

(Click the text for link)
    BG TWO: Wizard/Fae Module

This bg is fantastic, I kinda just started throwing some of my favorite wizards/fae together and came up with this. Granted before I finally made this BG a competitive one, i had tried just about every wizard/fae in this type of BG but this to me is what makes the most sense.

I have a mix of cheap first deploys that can be deployed after Chained Fae; Conclave Warden/Elven Strategist/Mage of Lament/Guardian of the Circle/Starlight Slyph/Fae Oracle
    Roadblocks/general annoyance (tanks): Enforcer of the Circle/Experimental Warspirit/Guardian of the Circle/Queen Anaru/wisp
    Then I have my heavy hitters: Queen Anaru/Rage of the Circle/Experimental Warspirit/Fae Oracle

Notice most of these champions have multiple roles, and the more the bg gets sets up the better the snowball becomes, I have backline units that hit like trucks (Slyph - who also synergizes well with the tanks giving them majestic) Fae Oracle (again who aids in mitigating dmg via divert/serenade) and then I have my toolbelt champions in the backround doing their thing. Queen Anaru is mainly in here for the synergy between her magic eater ability, and the plethora of magic dmg in this bg (via Throne of the Circle)

This bg works insanely well together, with all the spell support, champion control, and flawless aray of toolbelt champions most bg's quickly falter to it's superiority.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
  2. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Click text for link!
    BG Three: Treefolk

Now, I'm not an expert in trees by any measure (PLEASE HELP ME! :D), in fact I find it the least exciting theme in K'thir forest, so A: this bg is going to be off, and sub standard, and B: I'm going to suck ass with the actual play style (considering I've only ever run them maybe a week at a time)

But i guess this is a good time to start practicing. I'll leave this bg open to discussion, cause after watching the videos I recorded you'll see that im in need of some help...

But as far as my knowledge base goes with treefolk, it's a basic theme style play. Get out your key role champions (Oakthumper for general tanking/truck like hitter ; Willowinds for anti defense/support via "Light as a Feather" ; Dryads for semi healing and huge late game dmg potential ; Gnarlwood Launchers for huge range threat, and nice dmg potential

Greenhouse is in there for boosting and thread of advance, it gives a huge boost to everything in it's radius and dosent really promote the opponent advancing, however if killed the opponent is given a false sense of "gain" and advances accordingly (see video 1)
    In other instances it just dosent actually do much of anything but stall out the opponent..
    Unfortunately, like the devotee theme It's a late game win con. Only way an early game rush is won, is if you get the perfect draws..

Click text for link!
    KF's Annoyance

So this bg is more centered on current dates meta, mainly inspired by TheNiddhogs KF battle group. This bg, is stacked with divert/Soothing Serenade and general CC tactics, coupled with strong hitting melee with free meat shields as roadblocks until I gain an advantage.

I've had a lot of success with this bg, it has a very nice early game, strong late game, and a insane late game. The only thing wrong with this bg is picking what I want to deploy! Everything in here is extremely good, and synergizes with the whole theme.
    I've included a few off base runes (Crown of Petals - Skystorm Spear - Snake charmer) mainly because these runes are not expected at all, crown of petals is a nice counter for runes like Minotaur Battle Mage and IS angels, Skystorm spear naturally is a SP mechanic via Thundehead totem and therfore really isnt expected when playing KF, so people don't really account for the dmg it can put out. It comes in hand more often than not, and with units like snakecharmer being passive, she becomes even bigger back line unit.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  3. dsjtheman

dsjtheman I need me some PIE!

gimme your harby

4. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Updated :).
    NO, she's my pretty lady D:
    *edit I noticed you're not able to see the very bottom of the screen due to my resolution, I'll be changing that the next time I upload.. My apologies.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
  5. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

2 Thorn Collections?

I was promised Highlander.

(I like this thread)

Woffleet and DarkJello like this.
  6. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Derp, I forgot to change it back :p I usually run NW/TC

DarkJello likes this.
  7. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Two new videos up!

8. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

KF is for chumps.

Vids are cool tho. ;)

9. nico

nico I need me some PIE!

i hate KF sooo hard, vids are great! but i think kf players and bgs are dumb, no intention to ofend, but its like, just deploy long range champs, and slags, and free pet, and just in case double thorn collection, and the list its bigger... but hey great videos!!

Karmavore likes this.
  10. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Good to know people like them! I'll be posting probably 3-4 a day (if I decided to record that day) ;)
    Thanks for the support.

11. uaChakra

uaChakra Member

hey Karmavore i dont have arrow singer to test , but can you please test KF/FS split by using Arrow singer resonance + nora well. Nora well generate nora for both player so maybe its increase dmg for arrow singer.

12. dsjtheman

that guy who thought you were cheating with your elven artisan.... SMDH
    also, you still have 2x TC in your highlander bg... i dont really care but just sayin.

13. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

I'll test that right now. - Totally works.
    Also, just changed it lol.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
  14. dsjtheman

Karma id love to see you play trees one time... you think you could record a game or two using trees?

15. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Definitely. I'd have to get re oak thumpers but not a problem there.

16. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

New videos up!

dsjtheman likes this.
  17. dsjtheman

thanks for the treefolk man!!! very fun to watch, and no OP Elven Artisan for your opponent to worry about!

Karmavore likes this.
  18. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

I lost 2/3 but oh well. I like watching myself rage lol.
    No worries man, in the future if anyone else wants me to play a BG, post it here and I'll get around to it! (not I wont be able to play everything due to availability, but I'll do my best)

19. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Treefolk suck, that's my honest opinion.

DarkJello likes this.
  20. Staxover

Staxover Member