KF/SL Nora Link on Tourney

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by alegre08, Jul 4, 2015.

1. alegre08

alegre08 The King of Potatoes

Energy Overload has been disabled from rank atm due to people using the Nora Link + KF recall + Hurry Cycle to insta-win

But ive seen them used in tourneys. Maybe disable energy overload in tourneys as well?

Xirone and claydude5 like this.
  2. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

This seems like an oversight. If it's disabled in ranked, it should probably be knocked out of tourneys as well.

Even so, the deck is still way better in there, with or without Overload.

3. Xuvali

Xuvali Devotee of the Blood Owl

Yep just got beat by this too, Pathetic.

@Senshu @Sokolov Seriously anything Banned in Ranked should be Banned in Tournaments.

Xirone and claydude5 like this.
  4. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

But Kasale is just trying it out for the betterment of the game, bro. Not for wins, he promises.

Ballballer and claydude5 like this.
  5. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I ain't messed around with the deck since the removal of Overload. Too many changes to FW, too much in-faction stuff to test.

6. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Are you saying you'd like your spine returned or is this just a short hatius?

7. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Just a short hiatus. The deck still works without Overload, you just need a more consistent internet connection and a more versatile list.

8. Nyanta

Nyanta I need me some PIE!

out of all the ways to lose this one makes me feel the worst , stuck watching the game as the spells were spammed and then my shrine explodes no fun.

Xirone and Fentum like this.
  9. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

Can someone explain how this works to me.

10. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Do a forum search.

11. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Lost to this too. 65+ spells in one turn and my shrine explodes. I do like trick decks but this is just an abuse deck from people who couldn't win otherwise. Lame.

@Senshu @Sokolov

12. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I run Failed Amplifier and seemed to do the trick.

13. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

nice counter, still, one shouldn't have to play a certain deck to counter the deck that multiple people are playing. the devs should disable the offending rune from tournaments.

14. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Agreed

Xirone likes this.
  15. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Just saying, it's the weekend so DoG ain't gonna do Bane Shift.

16. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Hmm, we will look into this further.

17. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I think it's perfectly valid to have an open format, but generally speaking, tournaments should probably follow the ranked list unless otherwise stated.

kalasle likes this.
  18. Nyanta

Nyanta I need me some PIE!

please do cause i just made it to the finals(first weekend that im playing the tourneys) having a lot of fun and right after winning against a legendary ranked player , im excited to play the finals and then i run into the overload deck and it sucks all the fun and joy i got from struggling to the finals away(like it did yesterday but much worse) it wreaks the tourney experience and just makes me not want to play at all so im going to stay off pox for a couple days.

19. iPox

iPox Forum Royalty

Nobody runs Backlash these days.

darklord48 likes this.
  20. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Or Nora Leech, or Spell Seals.