Khong the monkey king

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by KingJad, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Vamperica

Vamperica New Member

I think it is because those skills are bugged. I noticed Hawk still triggered Creativity on Bliss which is also a On basic attack.

2. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

his ability would be a lot cooler if it worked on all attacks not just basic, it's just a worse version of arrow throw and riposte since your opponent can take advantage with eaters.

3. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

true, and most meta champs are always those with non-basic attack abilities, that makes his mock ability super irrelevant. (who would in their right mind attack this guy with a basic attack anyway? the ability's readable)

4. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

As said previously, this guy is crap.

Edit: to be fair, he has some potential as being a good harrasser in some beast bgs, but whatever. What pains me is that while all the champs got some cool activated abilities (which were unneeded and feel opposite to what the devs were trying to accomplish), this one got an "unique" ability that is totally in control of the opponent.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2014
    KingJad and Goyo like this.
  5. Ninao

Ninao Member

He, for sure, will get Arctic, no way to run without, is like launch a rune direct to shoebox, and i would ask why they launch it.
    ST need range champions, almost all of them are shoebox now, ST and KF was the best Range factions on the game, now we have 2 or 3 decent ranged champions. When i say ranged champions i mean 5 or 6 range with a decent dmg, like the Kas Master was(even without her abilities, st just need dmg, it is too low)

About Khong, the champion is just crap, is a NKD Adherent without evasive and counterstrike on the place, ok, is a good abilitie, but i dont see a huje gain using it in her place, would be nice get a nokan do champion with 3-5 range

6. Pedeguerra

Just a quick look at the other champs and this one make it feel his design was totally rushed and not thought through.
    I mean, all the other champs have interesting abilities, good range, good set of upgrades. This guy is utter crap. Dont even say "oh but hes very cheap and efficient". Screw that I want to have fun while playing a rune, not spam cheap meat and win through sheer HP overcome.
    This is the FIRST rune Im not buying for ST, and that says a lot about a guy who has the entire collection, even a Harby.

Zahmet and Ninao like this.
  7. Ninao

Ninao Member

Yeap, this is almost my point of view, almost all other champions(just except the voil) have new abilities, and good ones
    SL got good anti Sumon
    UD got even more dmg since the minotaurs just teleport every turn(is a easy 19 dmg attack)
    IS got area good abilitie
    KF got a new Firemaw abilitie
    FS a new sumon
    FW a new good relic deply

ST just got a new counter strike name and none new thing at all in the game, SP at least got a new detection/blind champion but both faction didnt get anything really new

Senshu/Gedden, at least give the monkey 13-14 dmg and rise his cost, would bet better

8. Ninao

Ninao Member

I got the same fealing hahahahhahahaha
    And it isnt that odd, since the Strigs come moths after the "guardians of ga´hole"(i think is that the name of the movie) was a good adaptation for poxnora though

9. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

I like the idea of this champ a lot, and I think it fits well into beasts. I think arctic should be taken off of him and the same treatment should be done to more champs in ST. Get rid of Arctic and give plenty of the ones that lose arctic "ice-walker" or something like that. Arctic shouldn't be auto... plus it jacks the price of the champ up so you don't want that do you?

Anyawy i cant play because of work but this champ seems like a ton of fun and i can't wait to see it played. My kneejerk reaction is that he will eventually get a 5-6 nora increase

10. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

im not sure your logic but he needs arctic and im not concerned about him going from 66 to 68 for the ability but if he is nerfed with a price increase he can sit in the shoebox

11. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

in my opinion just change his counter attack to work with all attacks that miss, it would be more interesting, and harder to work around.

also instead of the disciplines, change those upgrades to sunder, fury, banditry to play off of it's rapid attack in interesting ways.

12. Pedeguerra

PT, honestly man, /facepalm to you.
    You just showed a MAJOR lack of knowledge concerning ST.

Edit: mostly regarding the "fun" part of this rune. I agree that not all ST units need Arctic.

13. PurpleTop

Well i have never claimed any sort of expertise in the faction.... that's why I play SP and SL. Can you enlighten me on my mishap? I want to know

And I certainly dont want all ST champs to lose arctic.... sorry if i made it seem that way. My opinion tho is that it should not be on EVERY single ST champ.... some could do without it completely and some could do with just getting Icewalker and not Ready. Is this where i knocked you guys out?

14. KingJad

im still greatful for the new rune tho, something new is always better than nothing at all.(unless they plan on shoeboxing it)

15. PurpleTop

And to elaborate more.... I get why wanting arctic for all champs makes sense because of the nature of the faction, but I think that it should be given out more sparingly because the Ready aspect of it can be a huge amount of power early on. Giving them Ice-walker makes that aspect less relavent. Again tho, that's just how i see it. I'm no ST expert

OriginalG1 likes this.
  16. KingJad

what do you have against the new monkey :/ did he steal your bananas while you were at work?

17. PurpleTop

I don't have anything against it.... what makes you say that? in my first post in this thrad i talked about how I like it a lot. Plus albino spider monkeys are my favorite animal.

Guess I won't be visiting the ST forums again. I came in here to express my, what I thought were positive, thoughts but now I am just getting flamed and blamed for i don't even know what. Yall are on your own

18. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Arctic: This unit may not become Frozen or Chilled. If this unit is a champion, it has Icewalker and gains Ready while occupying Snow or Ice.

A MUST lorewise and mechanicalwise
    A MUST mechanicalwise
    Really, this is the bonus aspect of Arctic, I don't want an "Almost Arctic" ability unless is for balance purpose as Arctic Flight.

19. Pedeguerra

@PurpleTop
    No, I agree with that, as seen on the edit on my post. I typed that before I saw your reply, so we are on the same page - not all ST champs need Arctic. Jakei, Yetis and Lonx need, though, flavorwise.
    I mainly disagreed with the "ton of fun" part, and that's explained in this thread, but basically we got the shaft on this release with a champ that does absolutely nothing besides either: 1) attacking to get the debuffs going; 2) stay still without spending AP to avoid being attacked.
    My main issue is: who in their right mind attacks a champ if they know they will miss it and have the damage redirected to them? Unless its a damage eater champ, which is entirely in control of the opponent.
    While I was typing this I saw the post above - Im not bashing and flaming you at all bud, I just thought you were way off when you said "tons of fun".

20. Ninao

Ninao Member

Ready (from arctic) on a 6 spd champion just give early advantage on 1 map(de SL 2 fonts), in all other maps, it is just a good abilitie.