Khong the monkey king

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by KingJad, Jul 17, 2014.

1. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

we've dealt with leoss in the past, not having arctic is not a deal breaker to me, the champ being plain and boring is.

if arctic was all this champ needed then honestly I don't think we'd be talking about it much.

2. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

cool. how about them 7 speed champs? Yall have plenty of those. But this isn't the place for this discussion.

And thanks for the clarity @Pedeguerra . I get it, I guess I WANTED him to be more "fun" than he actually must be. all I have is paper, and heck the checklist is bugged on my work computer so I cant even see all his abilities. I just love that he is a big white monkey; that's my favorite animal lol.

I get why arctic is needed on most champs, and again this isnt the thread for this, but I think obviously the Ready aspect is what makes the abilities high power level called into question, and I think that there is a lot that they can do even with the lonx, yetis and jakeis in terms of making that less powerful. Maybe have a second (or third i guess now) version of arctic for non-flyers that doesn't give ready, and put that on some (Not all!) ST champs.

also, you think you guys got the shaft.... SP is an upside down smiley face for sure

3. Ninao

Ninao Member

The discution is put or not artic on Khong, a 6 spd champion, i said ready on this champion isnt that huge early advantage

But like i said, he dont NEED arctic, but probably will get it, i think probably gedden forgot to put, or he just passad.

4. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

Well, you shouldnt get used to every new champ in your faction always having a given particular ability. You are setting yourself up for disappintment and are ingoring the factor of balance

5. Ninao

Ninao Member

Also since he attacks with a Staff would be nice some kind of abilitie that give 25% chance to stun, or something this kind

6. calisk

I was trying to think of an ability that gives extended range, the monkey kings extendible staff is a signature move, just can't think of any in pox

I gave up on making him like the monkey king as I figured new abilities would need to be made, and just went with playing on rapid strikes as my suggestion

7. Ninao

Ninao Member

some kind of crushing charge attack(less spaces, like 3), but when he pass a champion he could hit them with a basic attack, like whirlwind on "barbarian from diablo 3" rotating and hitting is the unique thing that come in my mind.....

Calisk, did you come back to play? goldmonkee did hehehe

8. calisk

I want to play, I've become pretty addicted to Infinite Crisis though heh

last time I played it was the exact same game as I had left a year ago, so I got bored pretty quickly, with teh revamp things will probably remain interesting longer

Last edited: Jul 18, 2014
  9. Beasts for life

Beasts for life I need me some PIE!

Here's a list of things that could fix this rune:

-Make it's range 1-2 it does have a long staff
    -Maybe some alt DMG psychic or magic maybe as beast are lacking in alt damage
    -Arctic
    -Leap rank 1-3 instead of swap rank 1-3
    -Maybe an actual new abillity and get rid of no kan do

That's all I could think of and for future champs please no more no kan do.We have enough no kan do champs.

10. daeminicus

daeminicus Devotee of the Blood Owl

We dont have enough of No kan do champs, we have enough of melee NKD and low range NKD options. Our "best" range is 3-5. Would had been fun to get a 4-6 or somehting to extend the theme.

11. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

To be fair, ranged shouldnt have defensive abilities - their best defense is being away from the champ. This isnt the issue.
    This champ needs a complete overhaul, in my honest opinion.

12. Beasts for life

Beasts for life I need me some PIE!

There are 14 champs in st with nohkando

13. Ninao

Ninao Member

He means, just one of them is range (jakei mindsomething) he means st has too much melee with NKD

14. Indijanac

Indijanac I need me some PIE!

Mocking blow is basically renamed weaker version of riposte and arrow throw
    And rapid assault is very bad ability in general and i would like it to be removed from game
    I think hes ok for that cost but needs artic

Beasts for life likes this.
  15. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

speaking of riposte and arrowstrike can k'ento just get a counterstrike upgrade path and get an actual upgrade path instead of one with riposte and one with arrow throw

16. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Sounds like too much. Grandmaster has counterstrike at melee with nothing else but Discipline, and people look at her with bad eyes.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2014
  17. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

well just shedding light on the fact that his two upgrade paths are 1 ability

18. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Wow didn't knew the rune well... It HAS both at the same time...

I though legendaries weren't going to be more powerful... Meh.

PS: I can see a handedly costing there.

19. calisk

rapid assault wouldn't be bad if they made 1 clarification, and then designed runes to take advantage of the ability.

first the clarification, say that they count as basic attacks.

now the design, on it's own rapid attack is a poor mans power attack, but if you combine it with sunder, or banditry, or anything else that triggers on attack and suddenly you have a very nice ability.

singinsammy likes this.
  20. WraithxxV

WraithxxV Active Member

I think suggesting massive overhauls is rather unnecessary, upgrade path 1 could be a good fix for it, for example, change to Rapid Attack 3/Scrapper (+5 Nora)/Channel: Range (-5 Nora).