K'thir Current Meta

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Pathfnder, May 2, 2014.

1. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

I prefer KF angel over avenging angel (and I normally run 1x grim mirror as well), is there a reason why AA seems to be preferred?

2. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

Invigorate. Also, KF Angel has ugly tension in it if you run with DF3, since you want to deploy her early to get mileage out of intensify. Helps also that AA is cheaper.

In this case, AA is also uncommon and permitted by the rules while KF Angel is not.

3. LordRahan

LordRahan Devotee of the Blood Owl

True! Let me forge one Avenging Angel and try in my meta.

Can someone please explain the role of Elven Bard and why is she included in meta?

4. LordRahan

For me, the main reason is... KF Angel is NOT available to all. Specially not to new players like me.

5. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

- Powerturn enabler
    - Cheap ranged alt damage (kf decks can tend to be very phys + magic heavy)
    - Nice utility (pacify etc)

I refuse to run her because her godawful art hurts my eyes, though.

6. LordRahan

I am still not sure whether I can add her in my bg or not. Is it worth having another support champ along with Avenging Angel in meta?

7. TheNidhogg

I would really recommend you try these runes and see how you like them. GabrielQ gave a good starting point for things that are commonly run. You must figure out what you play with best. It'll take a long time if you wait for an explanation of every single rune, and you may find yourself using a rune only because someone said so.

8. LordRahan

I will do that for sure. In fact, I already have a bg which is doing ok (50% win ration) in ranked at the moment. I just want to improve that bg and for tha I would like to get inputs from some experienced players like you all. I will not straight away start playing the suggested runes which are new to me but try them first. Besides, time is not an issue here since I already have a bg to play with at the moment.

9. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Kthir forest champion can store a lot of AP, menalaus for example 13, if you add to that the +2 ap from bard you can put your opponent under lots of pressure, soothing serenade is also super nice

10. dsjtheman

dsjtheman I need me some PIE!

plus improve damage

11. LordRahan

Ok, so after all these discussion, I have all these (1x) core runes mentioned above except for the Fae Oracle in my meta bg. Before discussing the next set of units mentioned here, I would like to ask about having Spirit Singer + Horn of Order instead of running Avenging Angel.

Positive: Soothing Serenade + Nora Shield + Cleansing Aura
    Negative: +40 nora and no divine favor 3

Or should I run all these three units?

12. TheNidhogg

You should double up on the runes you find yourself deploying a lot.

13. LordRahan

yeah, I do that for some of my fav runes which I deploy a lot. Like, Condor Fury... I love it so much that sometimes I have four of them on the battleground at the same time :cool:

14. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

Try it out. My guess is that Singer won't be as useful to you as Avenging Angel or Epochal Sage, or worth the slots you'll have to spend on it. Once you get some fae oracles, you'll probably want to run herbal antidote for your cleanse (since it buffs them w/ adaptive iron fist and since you can use it anywhere on the map, unlike a spirit singer), so that cover's your cleansing issue. And with oracle's, you'll already have 3x soothing serenade: bard, 2x oracle, and you'll probably want to run 2x time slip for your skirmishers, additional cc, and as cheap spells to buff the oracles. While Serenade on Singer is nice, you'll already have a lot of that ability in a deck. Nora shield is nice, but w/ flame mages and occuli slags you can have similar levels of nora gen, but you'll be able to control when the nora gen occurs rather than waiting for an opponent to attack a champion of yours.

Horn of Order is good, but there are already some nice champions that have those abilities on them or another form of ap gen: Epochal Sage, Avenging Angel, Elven Taskmaster, elven bard, so you might find that's it's unnecessary or not quite worth the cost.

LordRahan likes this.
  15. Pathfnder

Pathfnder Devotee of the Blood Owl

Gotta love Grimlic's Mirror. I need to get myself another condor so I can do this.

16. dsjtheman

dsjtheman I need me some PIE!

im glad i bought my royal condor now ;) costed me 75k

17. Pathfnder

Pathfnder Devotee of the Blood Owl

uuuuuuugh, don't tell me. me want. :(

18. LordRahan

Thanks for replying in detail!

This really makes sense to me. the only thing I could not understand was.. what do you mean by "additional cc"?

19. LordRahan

Yeah, and it really pisses the opponent off :p

20. zorbot

zorbot The King of Potatoes

You have to find your own bg. Play what works with your playstyle and run with it. There are a lot of runes on that list that I don't run simply because they don't fit what I want to do. And many of those runes are top tier (Garu Den Mother, Skirmisher, for example). They are great runes and worthy of being ran but they didn't fit with what I wanted to do. Everyone's got to find their own strategy and style and run with it.

Also, Condor Fury and Boa are both pretty suck. They are okay in a beast or elf bg but in a straight meta they aren't as good as other options.