K'thir Current Meta

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Pathfnder, May 2, 2014.

1. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

Time slip removes all AP from the target, and sets it's speed to 0 for the next turn. So it more or less makes the target champ useless for a turn. But on the following turn it will have 20 speed, which means it will get to do a lot...3 attacks and some movement. One strategy for dealing with this is to use Soothing Serenade. That champ will have 20 ap, but it won't be able to attack or activate abilities. All it will do is be able to move. So that protects you if, for example, you can't quite kill the champ before he gets the 20 ap. By alternating these abilities, you can keep a champion locked down for a long time, allowing you to kill it or make a large nora investment of your opponent worthless for several turns.

If you combine these abilities with other champs that have cc (crowd control/champ control) abilities, like ghost stalker, other KF cc spells (carnivorous vines) and doom on doombringer, you can immobilize a champ for long enough such that it never gets to do anything before the 4 turn countdown on doom kills it.

2. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

Because 5 spd KF champs are nearly universally unplayable? OK there are a few trees with 5 spd and their playstyle is very different than other kf decks, and they 'auto' run lashdown which is basically treefolk mobilization. Other than the exception of elven bard which is very good(and also 95% a support rune), there are no 5 spd KF champs in the meta. KF usually has lower defense, lower damage, and lower hitpoints for the same nora cost in other factions so they REQUIRE higher speed to compensate.

GDM is definitely near the top of the list of runes that for sure needed nerfed. But imo it appears to be overkill. I expect people will try to play it after revamp and quickly go 'man this is really bad'. I'm still going with my theory that wilderkin, ospryan valkyrie, bowmage, and wild elf are going to be the new kf meta.

3. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

Wild elf is getting extra attention because he is losing both his savage ability and rover....I think the odds are good that he gets rover assassinate turned into regular assassinate.

I look at wilderkin and wonder what the simplest thing to simplify him is...That is what I think a big part of the revamp is going to be, simplification....So if it were me, I would move berserk attack to default upgrade and ranks 1-3 would be option 1, while immunity poison/unstoppable/magic resist 2 would turn into option 2. The rest of his stat line is 12, 7, 1, 1, 50, which is really close to the 12/6/2/1/51 stat line on the yeti they just previewed at 76 nora. The wilder has 1 extra ability(which is a minor immunity very comparable to arctic), and his upgrade options are better. If he comes in at anything less than 85ish nora with the unstoppable upgrade he'll actually be decent. Why? because he hits hard, is really fast, and is both a beast and an elf(ie synergy). All of this is me speculating obviously.

My thought process is similar for valkyrie and bowmage which I think are unlikely to have abilities removed and are likely get cheaper because of the odd ranges. If the valk was 3-5rng he would still be meta because he is pretty excellent. He just barely misses being good enough right now because of that 4-5.

As for them all being squishy...its KF....KF is always squishy unless it is a tree or a turtle, or has Enforcer in its name.