Lasher Helm and Chopping Block

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by darklord48, Aug 6, 2014.

1. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

2. avichaif

avichaif Devotee of the Blood Owl

is this work for u?

3. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I don't have all the runes. I plan to try something similar tonight if I get time. I'm missing Garin, Bloodhowler, and whisperghasts.

4. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Not only does Chopping Block hit stealthed units, but it also hits champions inside DMZ. So that idea won't work.

TheBulwark likes this.
  5. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I worded that badly. My thought is that lasher helm will keep their champs lower than mine. The stealth and dmz is for protection from attacks and spells. Along with skull of decay to restrict their healing and tainted statue to make them really pay for spells.

6. Ginx

Ginx Member

This looks really interesting. One question though. Based off of the lasher helm, statues, skulls, and chopping blocks I would imagine that this is a mid to late game bg. Since it clearly weakens the champs of the opponent as well as making their spells and healing less and less efficient. But is the support that will let you get to the mid to late game? At least champ wise since spells are going to get nerfed when you have the statue(s) out. Especially with only 4 devoted ranged champs (one of which is only 3-4 range and the alpha is like 35% ranged since the transforming into ranged cd thing). Also, I don't think 2x skulls are worth it. I tried that years ago and found it underwhelming -1 and insert another champ? Also since the chopping blocks ping the champ with the lowest hp I think having some form of healing weather it be a tempest crown, sac dagger, the doctor, etc will help keep you ahead of your opponent. Even more so since the skull only effects your opponents so you get even more ahead gradually.

7. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

eternal lich could help out with dark favor drops, blight ring also cuts champs down really fast. Unless the champ will enhance your theme, I would stay away for champs that under 45 hp in a chopping block bg.

8. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

This was as close as I could get with what I have. I liked the Dark Favor idea, but went with Divine Favor instead. I put in Anthropomancer since it has higher base HP compared to Eternal Lich which only has 39 base HP, although it would give me more ranged.

I have 2 skulls right now for easier draw, but could remove one for another sac dagger. I guess Eternal Lich would help with draws too. I'll have to play it and see.

http://poxbase.com/deck/c45cu@cttCoDCi-cg0CwoChHCg-CqgR1qR2qRZRxE13E1meqe2J

9. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I got owned by the spider daily, but that could be due to this being my first time using chopping block.

10. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

smoking88 is the best player with chopping block i have ever seen. I have not seen him on in while but maybe try to send him a message. Other wise, ya, chopping block is a tough way to go.

11. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Maybe if I had a way to sacrifice my low life units so the block wouldn't hit me too. That and those spiderlings soaked a lot.

12. Ujelly

Ujelly I need me some PIE!

try throw the bones or ravish for destorying low units for your chop. also gore explosion.... As for smoking88 I really wish he would come back. Some people may hate him but hes a rad FW player. anyword on him?

13. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

Interesting concept, dont think it would get far in ranked though

14. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I would recommend -1 Skull of Decay, and possibly -1 Tainted Statue for more champs. In my experience with Tainted Statue. Players whos spells cost more tend to just not use them as much, and deploy more champs with the saved nora. So It might be better to make more room for a couple more champs.