League of Legends

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Morfeas, Jul 2, 2014.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

well

it's harder to prove that you're really skilled if you're part of a 5 man team in every game, than if you're a 1 man in a team of 5

You could have 4 masters dyna with a diamond 2, and the flaws of the dia 2 would be less obvious than if he were to play soloQ. At least in the way that the dia2 would be carried further (you'd expect, generally) than dia 2 in that 5 man team. Unless you would record all your games and have people go over them to see what your exact play was like, it would be a much less reliable indication of skill than soloQ or duoQ.

Even more so because when you're a 5 man team in dyna que you're at such a huge advantage compared to people who aren't. Having a full team of golds in voice coms and on the same page, would obviously elevate their chances to push them beyond their rightful elo (lets assume that they're all gold 3 for real). They could perhaps all make it to plat playing as a 5 man team.

No way they could do the same thing if they all played solo in dynaQ, where they would not have those advantages. And so, they'd have a completely different rank that would be indistinguishable as a solo player or as a 5 man premade, because it's the same game-mode.

It's like all those popular SKT T1 playing as a 5 man unit in korean soloQ and just shitting on challenger korean solo players.

Am I like not explaining this right? I don't really get it at this point. I feel like I'm literally explaining the same point over and over.

2. poinl

poinl I need me some PIE!

5 mans have a 98% chance to queue against another 5 man. 4 mans are ********. (re-tard-ed is censored?...)

3. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Sure, Riot says this is true, but I've yet to see any real data to prove it. And even if that's really the case, with over 60 million games being played every month, that's still a huge number of games where 5-mans are being matched vs. non-5-mans.

4. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

67 minute game. With a team that doesn't know how to commit to a push. Wasted a double buff Elder + Baron, and refused to group.

5. Gaverion

Gaverion I need me some PIE!

so I recently went on a 10 game losing streak broken in what I would call the least likely scenario. I had to afk for 10 minutes in the middle of the game, was expecting to come back to a loss. When I get back to the game we had lost an inhib turret but were not completely dead. We push back win a few team fights and win the game.

6. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

the patch that fixes support grades is finally here, god bless

poinl likes this.
  7. Morfeas

Note that the support grade change has not been deployed yet, it will be deployed within 6.14. If you happened to get any extra S's today you are just that good.

8. JazzMan1221

For the Annie/Brand/Zyra/Vel'koz "supports", this changes nothing.

9. Morfeas

keyword

Leadrz likes this.
  10. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Got my first Penta today on Olaf.

11. Morfeas

I understand you never played AP Yi, my condolences.

12. Skybloom

Skybloom I need me some PIE!

[​IMG]
    Heard it here first.

13. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Any of you nerds and noobs want to play some games on EU? I just got myself a Dark Star Thresh from Hextech Forging, despite never playing the champ. Time to learn!

14. Anima26

Someone come, we can duo that bot lane. Who got that Dark Star Varus?

15. Anima26

My IGN is Arcade Fiddle if anyone decides to play.

16. JazzMan1221

Only two types of players on EU: chubs and scrubs. And you don't look like BurnPyro.

Baskitkase likes this.
  17. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

The less I play league, the better I get.

Like, I play one game every two days and I absolute dominate the map and win every game this week. Feel myself making conscience decisions. Play more games: start to auto-pilot, be mediocre, lose.

It's a win-win considering it's leeg of legions

Ohmin likes this.
  18. Morfeas

is this where we type EU > NA

19. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

why does no one play zac

20. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

I went from being low plat in EuW to silver on China's server q.q

azns 2 gud