Leoss first racial passive...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by free20play, Mar 27, 2014.

1. free20play

free20play I need me some PIE!

what was it again?

2. Greysands22

Greysands22 I need me some PIE!

I don't remember lol

3. Gaiaix555

Gaiaix555 Member

Each leoss got a bonus according to how many units you had in play. The fewer, the more powerful the bonus.

I'm not sure on the exact numbers though.

4. only

only Active Member

it gave significant stat bonus and it was reduced for every other (/friendly) champion.

Soul of Ailur didn't count against Pride of Ailur.

Soul Bond was something like Soulsphere.

5. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

The problem I had with Soul Bond was that it increased the total amount of damage received instead of just dealing the damage unevenly.

6. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

On-release, the Pride of Ailur racial gave +5 damage and +4 defense, decreasing by 1 each for every friendly champion in play (to a minimum of +1 DEF and +0 DMG). It also gave +2 speed if the opponent had more champions in play than you. Soul of Ailur's only effect was that it didn't count against the Pride bonus, while Soul Bond split all damage received between every other friendly unit with Soul Bond.

7. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

It was probably weaker than the one now, considering.

8. Gaiaix555

Gaiaix555 Member

Honestly it was, considering it was pretty much impossible to win with a single unit or two.

Unless you were defending one font with Mosharn. Firk that.

9. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

that was actually the second incarnation of the ability. on release the ability gave +1 damage for each enemy in play and for every 2 (or 3?) you got +1 def. then for each friendly champ in play you got minus 1 damage. you also got +1 speed +2 dam and +2 def if you were down a font. they patched it due to the bug that if you outnumbered your enemy you would actually get negative bonuses and they made it so you couldn't drop below base starting stats.

they converted to the second incarnation due to the fact that summon BGs were popular at the time and leoss would ignore them let the enemy build up a lil for the stat bonus and then rush the shrine and 1 round it with maybe 3 champs due to massive stats. this was intended to force you to actually play against your enemy. they then nerfed it down to only 3 dam and 4 def after realizing this made the starting rush even easier.

then they switched over to the current incarnation. partly I think to get rid of the down a font clause. if you went second you would be able to reach unreachable midfonts due to the extra speed coupled with the IS font bonus and already innately high speeds.