Lethal Poison

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BroWatchThis, Jul 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BroWatchThis

BroWatchThis Devotee of the Blood Owl

*************DELETE THREAD*****************
    This community is obviously troll-filled. Fix the description for Lethal Poison or make it cleansable. Simple as that.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
  2. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

lol. Albina Katipo OP.

3. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

dude.. fo real?

4. BroWatchThis

What on earth are you guys talking about? You give no rebuttal, you just troll. When did I ever say the champion was op?!?! NEVER. I said the ABILITY is. So please, before you post anymore nonsense, present some content first.

5. Legato

Legato I need me some PIE!

Ability is designed for and balanced by the units which use them.

On average most units die from 3-4 attacks, and this can be just 2 when you're talking higher damage themes.
    Also, under your argument Soulstrike is also OP -- which honestly with your current parameters is what's the real threat. Katipo has 4 base damage, and Lethal requires successful hits, so units with reflexes, colossal, moderate defense or a few ranks of tough simply ignore it.

P.S.

Dig the caps, totally makes me take you seriously.

Imperatrix, Tweek516, Sunutsu and 4 others like this.
  6. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Are you going to call everything you lose to OP and make a thread about it?

Tweek516, Tarathil, Sunutsu and 5 others like this.
  7. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

0/10

Tweek516, Sunutsu, Faust and 2 others like this.
  8. BroWatchThis

Understood everything you said, minus the d-bag vibe towards the end, but valid points. Once again, this thread isn't about Soulstrike, so try to think outside the box, is that possible? Why would this not be cleansable? Can you answer that with a condescending tone? Kthnx

9. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Because it's only on one champion.

Faust likes this.
  10. Legato

Legato I need me some PIE!

Sure thing, champ!

You see, there are these things called abilities, and usually the design intended can usually be inferred from the champ that brings forth their advent. If in the future a ranged unit got this ability it would be a cause for reassessment and I would be right here along with you bearing the torches. As it stands, you're picking a battle that not only isn't worth fighting, but doesn't exist in the first place.

The argument could be made that in its current state it shouldn't have a turn timer whatsoever and just reach enough stacks and simply perish -- and then it could justifiably be cleansable. Look at it from a design standpoint, the current proponent unit is very easy to dispose of, as will likely be the case with most units bearing this ability.

The originator for the ability had enough foresight to have a turn timer, at all, just in case more units got the ability, but it's nothing but a healthy indicator of good design; accounting for counterplay. In the future I could see an argument for it to last only 8 turns, and at the very minimum 6, but no lower. What I simply don't get is the weird crusade on this -- how do you feel about assassinate, deep wounds, and can just ignore soulstrike?(I have no qualms with soulstrike either, in case that wasn't clear).

Imperatrix, Tweek516, Sunutsu and 4 others like this.
  11. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

It's not cleansable because the only reason to ever run the Katipo is for that ability, and if it were cleansable the Katipo would be a worthless rune. Legato's point stands: most units die within about 3-6 attacks. Katipo takes 4 to kill something, and that requires you to send a squishy melee champion into the front lines. Further add to this the fact that Katipo only has 4 base damage (8 in FF) and you're looking at an even smaller margin of champions that Katipo can kill.

Just FYI, Shadowshank only needs 1 successful attack to kill something, and he has 12 base damage, Stealth, and Shadowshift. He's also in a faction with numerous sources of Soul Collection that make him incredibly efficient. So yeah...............nerf Shadowshank. ;)

Tarathil likes this.
  12. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

Praise the Dev's for the ignore feature! I mean really, this guy has about 10 'nerf ____' threads. It's now getting annoying. He posts troll threads, and calls the people who post in them trolls..... Welcome to my ignore list.

13. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

do you realize that there are plenty of champions that are able to kill champions with less than 4 hits and from range?
    What would you think of combo attack devastate then?

14. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Essence drain + soul strike ... is a deadly combination

15. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

He may not have lost to that ability yet, give it some time...

16. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Dude..they take 4 "steps" and die...opnerf

17. BroWatchThis

Lol nice one. And what's up with the green font? I guess that makes you look "cool".

Didn't lose to it, it's about the ability, NOT THE CHAMP. Read the thread title. The Champion that harbors the ability isn't in question, it's the ability. Why should it not be able to be cleansed? Too strategic for you guys? Hmmmm.

18. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Sorry but what do you know about strategy ?

Tarathil likes this.
  19. BroWatchThis

But in all sincerity, I really don't believe you guys read the actual OP. I asked for it to be cleansed, like it should. Why would that not be able to be cleansed? Please, tell me logically why it shouldn't. I bet any of you can't. Keep up the berating comments; it makes you fellas look "cool" to a small gaming community. ;)

20. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Why should it be cleansed?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.