Let's Clarify

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Raxar, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Raxar

Raxar I need me some PIE!

Hey guys, recently I've seen the devs getting frustrated with more and more people going to extremes nerfcrying against this and that. A common argument is that we are deeming runes either shoeboxed or gamebreakingly OP. To combat this, and help the devs to see runes that we accept as fair and balanced, lets give some examples of runes that are in a good place in the meta. By this I mean runes that you can easily use in a Meta BG or theme, but don't auto win you the game by any stretch. Again, I stress that they should be strong runes, but not ones that factions crutch on or that determine matches on their own. Please keep posts constructive and be honest about your selections.
    Since I am mostly a SL player, I'll give an example from my faction

Basilisk Templar-He's a tanky melee beater with the regen upgrade line as well as some other cool choices. I could see someone picking any of the three (crushing charge/Immunity magical/quest:kill enemy) depending on what they need for thier specific deck. Petrifying gaze is fun but not something that people are going to rant about on the forums. Overall if you need a tank in your draksar deck with some solid cc and a versatile upgrade path this guy is a good choice.

2. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

@Sirius Your're up.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
    nakaruru and Sokolov like this.
  3. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

put me on the balance committee devs. Ill tell you whats balanced or not. In exchange I would like scale armor, regen 3, and void shield on dreadnought.

Of course there is gonna be complaints about nearly everything at some point. You need to filter through them and find the real issues or just read my threads to know wat to fix :D(at least some of the stuff that needs to be fixed... the revamp left a ton of runes shoeboxed and many op, many are still this way. not sure what the state of the game was before that) @devs

The new rune abilities are great ideas many just weren't implemented properly and are way too powerful.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
  4. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

jyx the shadesworn:

55hp
    3def
    7speed
    1-3 range
    souldrinker
    soulharvester
    soulstrike
    shadowstrike
    upgrade 1 multi attack 2/rapid attack 1/crushing blows
    upgrade 2 scale armor/one with nora/nohkando
    shadesworn blade(reanimates as lich when destroyed this ability cost -25 nora)

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
  5. claydude5

claydude5 The King of Potatoes

Fixed

IMAGIRL and mw24 like this.
  6. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

It's quite pointless to discuss runes without accounting nora. Price your templar at 60 and he'll be op, and at 120 — shoebox.

7. nynevening

nynevening Member

Hey devs, just let me in the balance comitee and everything is gonna be just fine! =D

8. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

you're*

[​IMG]

would of chosen a smaller one if not for n@zi being censored even in addresses

NiGhtMaRiK, Pixyrus, IMAGIRL and 4 others like this.
  9. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

God dammit, BP even got me on that a few days back. It's a hard habit to break. Well done good Sir, well done.

10. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

Your wrong on that one bud.

XFurionsX likes this.
  11. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

In the terms that what was said, it's really more of a region thing. Overall though, he was correct.

12. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

Your not making any sense now.

13. Raxar

In case you couldn't understand the point of this thread, its to share runes that you think are balanced with their rune cost and stats and abilities. It's like you guys actually cant help talking about buffs/nerfs instead of runes that you enjoy playing that are in a balanced state. For some reason I thought that the pox community could put forward runes that they think are balanced and discuss what makes a rune balanced, but I guess you guys are such zealots that this will never happen.

Another point. The nora price formula is complete and utter BS. You can say that ability x is worth x nora but in actual gameplay there is NO LOGICAL WAY to determine if what you paid for that rune is actually fair. You are getting so caught up in this formula pricing nonsense that you can't see it is ruining the game. If a champion has scale armor and that's a contributing factor in it being massively overpowered, firking axe it. The devs feel like they have to give runes little buffs after a nerf (see nefari guardian) but they end up making the champion just as strong or stronger. In my opinion, the problem with guardian was resistance physical. Take it off or make it lower, the point of nerfing something is to take it from overpowered to balanced. Look at the way league of legends nerfs their champions for reference. They will hack at someones stats or power until they feel they are balance.

14. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

Oh the humanity!!!

15. Raxar

What does that even mean dude? Please don't post here if you are going to comment vague nonsense. I'm really sorry I wanted to give the devs an idea of runes that the community felt were balanced. I am sorry that I didn't post about how firking OP something is, because that would have gotten way more attention than this well meaning non rage post did.
    Again, I'm really sorry for this post community. Ill go rage about UD somewhere else.

16. bagoftrick

bagoftrick I need me some PIE!

Boghopper Toad,

54hp,
    1 defense,
    1 range,
    7 speed,
    11 damage.

UP 1: Logistics Speed/Leap 2/Leap 3
    UP 2: Poison Charge/Poison Aura 3
    Amphibious
    Attack: Physical
    Choking Stench
    Immunity Poison
    Poison Cone

A good example of a rune with a great design. Has 5 forms of attack. Utility, Synergy, Versatility and is Thematic.

Melee attack in the form of physical damage with an alt source of damage in Poison cone leaves him in a nice place due to having two sources of alternate damage, useful both in and outside of a Poison theme. Aoe acts both as an aoe and a ranged means of attack, allows him to work around both block and dodge and offers a potential for healing in poison themed BG's. Poison aura grants another alternate source of consistent damage bypassing defense and damage shields, whilst offering a healing potential in Poison themed BGs. Overall a great deal of synergy in many areas of the faction.

Logistics speed, allows him a viable option in a boghooper bg, whilst leap allows him another option outside of it. both have their individual benefits.

Choking stench offers a great deal of versatility as a means of working around problematic champions like those with colossal. Acts as a deterrent against melee units and locked ranged units and works as a form of healing in poison bgs, offers synergy whilst offering a detracting factor in the form of dealing damage to your own units without careful play or bg design.

Works well as both a tank and aggressor.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
    Raxar likes this.
  17. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

in what context are you using this word

18. Garr123

Garr123 I need me some PIE!

yeah, hearing that announcement would be tantamount to pox's death rattle.

19. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

I really did it for the free likes

20. Raxar

As in, the pox community would MUCH rather rant about what is and isn't OP and how they just lost a game to X as opposed to posting what they are using and listing specific examples of runes that the devs should strive to model after. It's all about making MY faction stronger so that I can stomp people with the runes I like to play. @bagoftrick 's example is exactly what I had in mind when I made this thread. By the fourth post we were already derailed talking about how to buff a random rune. I'll say again, I do apologize for trying to make a meaningful post where the pox community can share the runes that they are happy with instead of mindlessly badgering the devs to change things to the way they want them, clearly this community isn't mentally capable of discussing features of the game they are content with.
    I have a new found respect for what Sok must have to go through on a daily basis.