Let's make broken AF runes with PoxPoints rune maker

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MrBadguy, Jun 16, 2017.

1. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

I'll start with an old idea. It's supposed to illustrate how ridiculous and meaningless cost reduction """"drawbacks""""" on ranged units are for the purpose of balancing them.

[​IMG]

Made with http://www.poxpoints.com/

Have at you.

edit: Mk II. Suck it JazzMan1221

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2017
    fogandsteel likes this.
  2. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

That rune is a giant red herring, it doesn't have a basic attack, so it has no way to even proc all those DOTs. You fail.

BurnPyro likes this.
  3. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

i'd just do killing stroke + phylactery bound, + spirit harvest+ reinforcement 2+ 5-8 range+ immortal + eternal life+ soul mason, and a basic attack of frost, damage of 5.

i'm not sure if reinforce triggers off eternal life but if so should be a board wipe the turn you play it.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
  4. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Killing stroke is a sacrifice effect, so eternal life wouldn't work and spirit projection is essentially a sub-rune that just cannot be obtained so you'd have to create an extra rune. Also because you gave it loss of life as basic attack, killing stroke would never activate. Reinforce 2 doesn't exist.

5. calisk

well reinforce was meant to be reinforcement 2.

interesting on the loss of life, i'll switch it up to frost and boost the damage from the planned 1 to 5.

spirit projection was meant to be spirit harvest

as for the rest eternal life triggers when it dies, so like when it activates off of phoenix anklet and reanimate I suspect killing stroke would activate eternal life as well, that's simply based on how i see it operating with similar effects currently but if not i'd need to go back to the drawing board i suppose and probably just give it replicate/clone type mechanics.

alternate broken choice would include ghost+magic immune+iron will+rapid growth -2+ 4 attack abilities.

6. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Put phoenix anklet on something and use the sacrifice spell. You can also use Ravenclaw's special ability to check it.

7. calisk

what i'm saying is despite the wording on killing stroke I don't believe it's actually a sac effect as it triggers anklet as sacrifice i don't believe triggers it though to be honest I haven't tried.

8. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

[​IMG]

mortal ix, MaruXV, OriginalG1 and 2 others like this.
  9. calisk

the nora is low enough you should switch soulsift for bestow, and move death nova skeleton to upgrade.

yobanchi likes this.
  10. fogandsteel

fogandsteel I need me some PIE!

11. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Overkill on the damage.

12. fogandsteel

fogandsteel I need me some PIE!

You would still have to attack the Shrine twice.

13. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

14. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

You're wrong if you think there is no way for that rune to attack. I can think of at least 3 reliable ways. But yeah it was an oversight because I felt like adding a lot of minuses. The original version I made on the old thread has atk sonic.

15. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

honestly not OP

16. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

not OP either

17. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I realized after I posted that he was missing Intimidate.

18. MogaBait

MogaBait I need me some PIE!

My secret weapon

upload_2017-6-16_17-7-24.png

19. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

20. Doobido

Doobido The King of Potatoes

fogandsteel likes this.