Lets rework a classic - Wind Generator

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Markoth, Mar 15, 2015.

1. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Wind Generator
    35 Nora
    All units within 5 spaces have Earthbound. This relic has Gale

2. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

Add windstriker and I'd definitely run that. Otherwise it's still basically a 1 shot wonder for the Gale effect and harder to justify a spot.

Edit: although on second thought you may get a second use galing your guys forward. Still not entirely impressive

3. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

You can also Ground a flying champ and then gale them into a chasm.

4. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- train tailwind ?

5. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Enemy flying champions within 10 spaces require 1 extra AP to move.

Like lumbering but for flyers only.

Leadrz and Rapidice like this.
  6. Rapidice

Rapidice I need me some PIE!

What about a Rallying Cries for flying champs only?
    I saw complaints of wings being all 6 speed.

Something like:
    Wind generator: flying friendly champions within 3 spaces gain 1 AP at the beggining of your turns.

Great for mid font battles, it's not OP, but in extended fights may force your opponent to retreat.

Toughts?

7. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Umm.... I'm a bit biased on this one. I like Wind Generator as is. Frankly I just want its cost to go down.

8. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

The problem is, there's already two IS runes that do what it does but better: Magnetic Rover and Increase Gravity. Increase Gravity is actually global and it doesn't see play, so you can imagine how bad Wind Generator is.

I like the idea of Gale, and I think Repulsion would also be a neat addition to the relic.

9. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Gale would be Obscene. If anything it would just be used like Gale Force save being 15 nora cheaper.

Wind Generator is one of my 3 wild runes that I use. Not in every bg, but it does make it into a few. I typically use it to contest, make sure I can't be removed from the font, and prevent the annoying teleporters from getting away when it is key that they die.

I wont deny that it's heavily situational. However; because of how I make my bgs, it works as i need it to when I need it. Without affecting anything else.

10. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

A bit expensive to use like Gale Force. At most it would deal 10 damage but then be stationary and on a long CD.

I like the ideas about "slowing" enemy flying units and speeding your own. Could be nifty with Griffins.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
  11. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Really love it when people ignorantly argue from a position of ignorance.

12. sassquatch

Those ignoramuses

13. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

I like it

14. sassquatch

Headwind: (the opposite of tailwind) lumbering for flyers.

15. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Good ideas so far. Would people prefer Wind Generator to be more of a general purpose rune or one that fits into a theme like Griffins?

16. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

There is some overlap between Wind Aura and the lightning theme. This is what I've been tinkering with the past couple of days. Inserting both synergies in a bg.
    Barbarian Bolt gets Skylancer to make use of the grounded stuff and Wings of Almara exists to grant Aerial Supremacy (only on paladins/priests). But Bolt can fit in a lightning theme bg.

Another example unit with overlap between Wind Aura/Aerial Supremacy synergy and the lightning theme is Jek with his Skystorm Spear.

So what I am suggesting is to expand on this overlap using Wind Generator. My lightning/wind-aura bg had plenty of lightning based synergy and it doesn't really need more, but what it does lack is more ways to use the grounded from wind aura.
    Therefore, Wind Generator could receive Sustain: Skylancer or better yet, Sustain: Aerial Supremacy.

Sorry for all the ranting leading up to the actual suggestion, I kinda hoped it would be more convincing this way.

17. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

Enemy Champions moving withing 6 spaces of relic spend 1 extra Ap.

Should work on both grounded units and flying units.

Cost it to 35.