Let's talk: Deep Elves

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by MakarovJAC, Jul 13, 2014.

1. HannibalFee

HannibalFee Devotee of the Blood Owl

that guy needs some cleanse for that burn.

drathys likes this.
  2. MakarovJAC

MakarovJAC I need me some PIE!

I don't really want to act like that, but between "Deception" which indicates which effect benefits, literally; and just "Grimlic" where I should go and check yet for another effect, and see wether the "Deep Elves" also covers "illusions", I prefer people to just go straight to the point and say it.

3. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I thought it was common knowledge, really...

4. MakarovJAC

I rarely summon Grimlic. Not like I need him most of time, really. Up until Vipoid mentioned Deception I didn't thought it could be used like that.

5. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Fair enough

6. Mannfreid2

Mannfreid2 New Member

I use temptress by simply not moving my full speed every turn, and saving ap. Letting the enemy close most of the distance, and hitting them. If you are playing another melee BG, all the better, sit back at a font, summon a coupel fighters and a temptress in the middle, and hold. You will find her harassment useful.

Especially with people running ethreal critters. The magical damage is a life saver.

7. Styrwirld

Styrwirld The King of Potatoes

@Nea pls give me the link for ur profile picture, looks great!

8. MakarovJAC

Everybody uses runes differently...except for the Meta which most people have to use one single way if they want them to work. I can't say it's a good rune, but I'll put it so it reads "it MAY work". Maybe it makes it into the Meta.

By the way, if somebody has any information regarding Demon Lich performance, use, and tricks, make me know to update it's log. Same for Griefsinger and Messenger.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
  9. Intweener

Intweener I need me some PIE!

Deep elf summoner used to be my most favorite card back when I played deep elves actively when Grimlic's Descent came out.
    Granted Deep Elf Assassin was probably better back then. But atm Fanatic works wonders as well.

Step 1 : place 1 or 2 deep elf priestresses in a line to a Font/Shrine zone. Have 1-2 summoners in place.
    Step 2 : Deploy a Deep Elf Fanatic or assassin, invigorate once or twice, then beckon it twice and BAM easily 1-2 attacks, and in the past at least often an instakill.

That's how it was, but that's like 5 years ago now? I'd love to hear new experiences like this if you know/playtest any :)

10. Nea

Nea I need me some PIE!

Don't haz it anymoar.

11. Styrwirld

Styrwirld The King of Potatoes

Looks like Deep Elve Ellen Page to be honest.

12. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

Deep Elves are a harem theme...Grimlic with lots of female deep elves while the male deep elves are shoeboxed...except for the voyeuristic scout.

13. MakarovJAC

Don't forget the sausage fiesta with Scout, Monk, Shadow Master, Fireslingers, Emobearer, Fanatic, and death but not quite yet, Demon Lich.

SPiEkY likes this.
  14. MakarovJAC

Bump.

I updated the list with more tested champions. Enjoy.

15. Ramymanify

Ramymanify The King of Potatoes

Hey Guys, I am noob, and new to the game, got me some deep elf runes, and was wondering if someone can help me make a somewhat competitve deck as my first one, so far I've been rekt using this deck, maybe I am making too many mistakes, but if there's a guide to it, I'd really appreciate it, I like the deep elf theme, it's nice

P.S: This game is not forgiving :(

16. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

Why not post your bg. It will help others give advice.

17. Ramymanify

18. Ramymanify

I was also thinking about making a spider BG, but then I heard they got nerfed, so I decided otherwise,
    just gonna try this one here (not sure about the obelisk) and farm up some cards for the fire BG I guess, since everyone says it's one of the best UD Bgs nowadays

Thanks in advance

19. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

SPiEkY likes this.
  20. Ramymanify