Lich's Servitor

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by aseryen, Oct 20, 2016.

1. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

Does Aspiring Servant need to be on Base? Swap it with Worship: Lich on the upgrade line so that it mirrors Attendant Squire a bit more?

2. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

I think it does. Making that ability optional just turns it into Basic efficient crap

3. aseryen

What do you think Lich's and Humans need? Cause there's been enough runes that have become 'efficient crap' that it's just part of the mold now in Pox. Efficient and runnable are also something that needs to be taken with a grain of salt because Pox isn't FF and now Heroes are beomming even more splashable*maybeinmonthsofpatching* that Hero driven abilities serve what purpose other than supporting a model of Pox that is being actively designed away from.

I'm just curious why a Human and a Lich support rune needs to be over 80 nora. It is expected to be run with a Hero which doesn't even support the theme it's in entirely, @Sokolov what's the decision with these kinds of abilities and modules. I'm looking at Humans over Lich with this rune, and if Servitor is another rune solely designed for Lich what are some of the lower rarity runes going to bring to the Lich theme?

Servitor should definitely go the way of Attendant Squire; Worship on base and Aspiring Servant on an upgrade line. 'Meta Crap' is a poor argument when most of what is being designed is meta and the rune Lich's Servitor was released alongside has already had this change, quite some time ago.

4. themacca

its a lich rune. It doesnt fit in a witch style BG whatsoever. so asking "what humans need" is kind of irrelivant since it doesnt and shouldnt have an impact at this time. Lich's need an efficient tank which is why dark knight still to this day has the option of lich synergy and its also a role that servitor helps to fill both by helping every other unit get regen or by providing a ton of HP if it happens to trigger lich born.

and in the last point yes liches have a lot of high rarity runes that go in their BGs. i have no suggestion to help with that other than suck it up nothing can be really done about that.

5. aseryen

Idc bout rarity, I have enough runes to fill out whichever themes I want, and I'm not going to try and talk as if I can't but continuously releasing higher rarity runes serves what?

Race: Human, means it's a human, means it fits in the theme. I never said it was more efficient than any other rune, you're the one who said it'd be efficient crap. Lich's Servitor in Humans is not efficient so now you can understand the reason for change, because it's not just some efficient rune that a little change will make everything else it touches just as efficient.

Attnedant squire isn't even that way in Paladins, I've known of his change for some time now, but it never made Squire some efficient meta crap that was auto over something else. Neither will a change to Servitor.

6. aseryen

My point, Squire was designed originally to be a Hero companion rune, it has been redesigned most likely because having companion runes locks a rune into one role in a very role diverse game. The choice fits with the current model of Pox, @themacca you want to play Lich's Servitor under the guiding hand of Serkan, I want to play Lich's Servitor in a company of Humans. Luckily because of upgrade lines there's the opportunity for choice, more choice 'meta crap' or not is better.

7. themacca

having race: x does not immediately make it a part of theme: x

so no your point still does not stand

8. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Aspiring servant could use a nora cost decrease and then he will be fine/playable.

9. themacca

we both know the issue here. Just because it's not useable in a wide range of decks/scenarios that doesnt mean that if its effect triggers the results will be extremely beneficial so making it cheaper would also just drive it into possible OP range especially given most FW players are trying to ALWAYS have a serkan or xulos on the board

10. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

How much is aspiring servant compared to lichborn?

11. themacca

35-30