Life

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Alakhami, Apr 5, 2014.

1. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

I've been there when I was 16, had schnapps and beer I think. I was in Frankfurt.

2. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

Heh definitely, it's pretty easy to go for the vulnerable "why me" outlook but it's not gonna get you anywhere! It's just another hurdle to learn to adapt to and live with, and who knows, maybe this setback will lead to something better coming my way in the future :)

Baskitkase likes this.
  3. Alakhami

Oh definitely, at first I regretted things that I've done or that have happened to me, but I'm happy with who I am and the way I am now, and all of my actions led to that point. So I've learnt not to regret a thing!

Thonskie likes this.
  4. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

I'm 20 years old living in Vancouver, B5ritish Columbia, Canada.

My life story is one that isn't something I can exactly "tell" over the internet, not because it's too personal. Simply because there are to many details, too many things that have happened throughout my life that have led me to this point. A short summary tho, I was born in Golden BC, Canada in 1993 I lived in a beautiful town, where I enjoyed the first 6 years of my youth. Shortly into my life I moved from a small town, to the big city; Vancouver. Lived there for most of my life, going through adolescence into my early teen years. I spent most of that time socializing with girls and playing soccer. Year 13, I move to Alberta, Canada. My life completely flipped, I moved away from all my friends and had to learn to adapt to a brand new environment. During my teen years, I lost a lot of my old friends, but made some of the greatest friends in my life.

I achieved personal endeavors in soccer playing at Provincial level, almost making it to national level. By my 16th year, everything I had come to know, once again changed without notice. My family had a falling out, and I had been given the choice of leaving alberta, or staying with one of my closest friends and his amazing mother. So I chose to stay where I had felt comfortable, and that was in Alberta. In my 17th - 18th year I experimented in drugs with my closest and most trust worthy friends, experiencing life altering revelations I had never thought possible, I was becoming more focused on my schooling, and becoming a strong more idealistic person. Shortly after graduation I returned to Vancouver. Parting with my friends to peruse my own life, considering mostly everyone I knew was going to college in different provinces. During my 19th-20th year I fell in love with my soulmate, I had never really had this type of love, ever in my life. Currently, I am living with my beautiful wife to be in our amazing apartment. Working lots, and finding passion in things I had never enjoyed before.

All in all, I don't think my life could have happened any other way. If so, the person I am today would be completely different. I can't think of anything I'd rather have, than the life I have now. I'm not a millionaire, but I'm rich with the people in my life.

Cheers,

Tweek516 and Alakhami like this.
  5. Alakhami

This is great! You're a very lucky man to have good friends and to have found a girl you truly love at such young age! Many people die without having what you have! I hope that such luck doesn't abandon you in the future, and you have a fun and interesting life.

6. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Thanks Gutsa! Means a lot. Glad I could share, even if it is fragments.

7. Cocostel

Cocostel New Member

Late 20s. Currently going through a "gap decade" during which I wasted my potential by doing bugger all. I became the Branch Manager of the bank I work for even if I'm lazy, I'm generally late with my reports, my sales have never been stellar and I haven't even finished my banking degree - what happens when you are surrounded by mediocrity. I don't consider my position an accomplishment as I hate the banking industry and I will quit at the end of this year (I've only stayed for the money).

I haven't decided on my next step but, whatever I choose professionally, I will be very good at it because I own. Some of you have 10+ years ahead of me so when life throws something at you, don't just stand there, punch that b*tch in the face.

newsbuff and Alakhami like this.
  8. Alakhami

That reminded me of Charles Bukowski.

9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Vote Kanye 2020 likes this.
  10. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Born in Hannover, moved to Bielefeld (Or rather a small town outside of Bielefeld) when I was four. The city is kind of ugly, it has kinda bad club stuff, but the restaurants are top notch, the university has a bunch of acclaim - exsp my dear faculty of chemistry - and there are about ten nice people, too.

The part between being four and enrolling in the university two years ago kind of sucked, so I'm not gonna talk about that :p

11. Alakhami

Such story would suit a silly romcom. It's amusing and got no soul to it.

Vote Kanye 2020 likes this.
  12. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

No one wants to hear your story, it's not depressing enough for us!

13. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

part of the ship, part of the crew

MrAlpaca and Qucas like this.
  14. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

I am 24, I used to make Browser based games back when I was 15-22. I was a self taught PHP mySQL coder that had 2 successful browser games, one that I made from scratch and built up to having 3000 registered users before selling and moving onto an existing game that I used to play that was now dying, I revived the game and managed to have over 60 players online at the same minute, This was a massive achievement for me. I was planning on putting the game onto Facebook but it seemed unlikely as it was a Pimp game and Facebook had rejected to accept me for paid advertisements already. Eventually I went through some mental health issues and neglected the game for 6 months before selling it to keep it alive.

I went to university at Goldsmiths University of London and studied Internet Computing for half of the first year before dropping out, I had a lot of other things going on which meant my attendance wasn't good and I was unable to re-sit the year due to an administrative error from the department secretary.

I then got my first job after 18 months of searching in a call center, selling Insurance. I did very well at the job for 2 years before having another breakdown, after being off work for two months I was dismissed for absence and haven't been able to get work since due to my health.

Nowadays I don't get upto very much other than being around on PoxNora and League of Legends. I am also gay and enjoy singing, since I never had any voice training i'm not great, but a bit of Karaoke is always a laugh.

Theres a lot more I could say but I've probably bored you enough already :p

soulmilk likes this.
  15. Alakhami

Haha, it's a cute and honest story! And singing is a great lung excersise, just always breath from you diaphragm and push it as hard as you can and those high notes shouldn't be as difficult :)

16. Vaayshan

Vaayshan Member

I am 20, I live in a small village in Slovenia (small European country with lots of forests) and am currently studying English language.

I could speak German since I was 6 and English since I was 8, due to watching german tv and playing computer games. I also got tested as an intelectually gifted person in primary school. So my parents naturally had high hopes for me, but I never really liked school. Primary school went okay, I always had the highest grades despite never sitting down to learn. In high school already I started to struggle since I had no learning habits and I just didn't care, but I still managed somehow to get through whithout setbacks. Then last year college started and I went to study computer science, but I only did it because it is supposed to be the job of the future and I had no idea what I want to do with my life. After 5 months of it I realized I won't acomplish anything there and dropped out.

Now I'm studying English language, which is incredibly easy compared to last year's courses but I still don't know if I will manage, since I just don't care about the things we learn.

Funny thing is that the most interesting lectures for me are actually the Japanese language ones, which I don't study, but only go there for credit points.

I still have no idea what I want to do in my life, and now I am just going to college, waiting for classes to end and then I go play computer games and listen to classic rock music. I have no idea if I will manage to make it to next year, but I know that if I won't there will be hell with my parents.

17. Alakhami

Being naturally gifted is the worst thing that could happen to a man. I know the feeling, all you can do is rely on luck and chance to sort you out.

18. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

aside from me picking other things in college, this is basically my life summed up

hang in there man

19. Qucas

Qucas Guest

I went to college three times before I gradurated. Dropped out the first two times after a semester or two.

20. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

Heh, I feel you. I'm currently in my second year of college, majoring in Mechanical Engineering. Why? It's suppose to help me catch a job after graduation and maybe earn me a bit of money. Honestly, I absolutely hated it until a few months ago. I just went to class, did the work, and studied for the test. Lady Luck must have felt a little sorry for me because I managed to keep all my grades at B's or A's.The change of heart came with the discovery of Japanese bullet trains.
    Japanese trains float. They literally float. And engineers built it. I am absolutely fascinated by them. I can't tell you why. To top it all off, they're Japanese trains. From Japan.
    Japanese trains from Japan. Hard to believe, right?
    Anyways, I began getting all these crazy ideas. What if I learned Japanese while I got my engineering degree? Then maybe I could move way out there, as far east as I could go and see something of the world. I've heard German engineers are also testing out different models. Maybe I could go to Germany? Maybe, somehow, every god damn country that exists on this planet?
    I just want really want run around the world.

What I'm trying to get at it is, work hard. As cheesy, useless, stupid, ridiculous, pathetic, and naïve as it sounds, it'll help. A college degree is what you NEED in this life. You have the opportunity to get one, so do everything in your power to do so. I'm 19 and I've just started putting in some real work. And I wish every single day I'd started earlier.

Sorry for trying to lecture you. I'm not anyone who's impressive in any way, but I just felt I should say something.

Nice thread Gutsa! I feel better for some reason ^^

Alakhami likes this.