List of global abilities which should be changed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DiCEM0nEY, Mar 30, 2017.

1. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Agreed things like surge and boost don't bother me, it's things that sit behind a shrine 50 spaces away that bother me.

2. 5amb0

5amb0 I need me some PIE!

backlash counters unholy tomb and nora mine

3. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

That's not a basic game mechanic, that is a hard counter, which solves nothing, although yes technically you are right.

I also feel backlash is not as bad as others as a global, since the obvious counter is to not play or use Nora mods. On the other hand, back lash and the spell decay can deal a lot of damage, and it may be something up for debate.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  4. 5amb0

With so many abilities/mechanics its guaranteed that one thing will inevitably 'hard counter' another. Lots of abilities/spells can deal lots of damage. Decay is OP

5. DiCEM0nEY

Decay only hard counters regeneration.

And that isn't necessarily true . But I don't see your point. Are you saying unholy tomb and Nora mine are well designed?

6. 5amb0

Also battle leader is fine, but medal of valor breaks it

7. DiCEM0nEY

It's not fine, but it's getting redesigned and nerfed next patch. I just added more as a thing to be on the list of things that shouldn't be global. Not all of them are op BTW.

8. DiCEM0nEY

For reference I've added these

Orb of protection
    Uninhibited terrain generation (glacier engine, flooded generator, etc)
    Tariff
    Mobilisation
    Font eruption
    Disease amp
    Eroding Winds
    Relic overload

and removed awakenings since this topic started.

9. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Wait, disease amp ended up on the list? Be right back, calling 911 as I am chuckling to death right now.

Tweek516 likes this.
  10. DiCEM0nEY

@Sokolov Just to be clear, these abilities/runes may be weak or strong, but I'm arguing the gameplay elements which make them global are not only unnecessary but also dampen the strategic depth of the game. A general criteria for a global should be that the rune can be played against, or the rune is used to soft counter specific bgs.

Surge can be played against because killing a unit anywhere on the map weakens surge. Amplify is much harder to play against, to the point where if you can't reach a specific rune, you will lose the ability to fight on all fronts. Especially since there are spells which scale off the amp.

11. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

if arctic wail affected ice shard that would be chill.

12. DiCEM0nEY

I don't see why global relic damage should exist. If it to counter things like arctic shard, then change arctic shard into an aoe and adjust power / cost accordingly.

13. mortal ix

mortal ix I need me some PIE!

TLDR: Thinking is too hard, everything is op

14. DiCEM0nEY

Thinking is only hard for ******** (SLOW) people.

15. DiCEM0nEY

uninstalled the game today. I'm out perm / until next patch. Doubt this game will be changed in a way I want, but I think this thread was a good start in making the game playable, removing hard counters would be the second most important thing. Hopefully someone smart will make a post about why hard counters are horrible for design, but the smart players probably already left.

16. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

kbye

17. nepyonisdead

nepyonisdead I need me some PIE!

...but but .... I thought we were friends man. Please dont go, what will we do without ur worthless posts and non specific mostly useless rants? who will the troll look up to when they know the biggest whiner in the game has set sail. I hope u find other games more tolerating to ur fantasies and rages. All the best

18. DiCEM0nEY

what about grimilics bane?

19. Phynixe

Phynixe I need me some PIE!

Boost has been nerfed numerous times, from providing a bundle of stats to a sheer 5hp. If you think a weaker version of warbanners should be nerfed, then you've got issues that need resolving.

20. DiCEM0nEY

If boost were to be changed, I think giving +5 hp perm as a 1 time thing aoe 8 would be the best solution. War banner is a necessary evil, since low hp units sometimes depend on this, due spell damage too easily being able to clear low hp unit setups (removing strategic diversity). The reason why these globals need changes is because they remove the importance of unit setups, and cause games to be less about positioning, and more about draw winning.