List of global abilities which should be changed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DiCEM0nEY, Mar 30, 2017.

1. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Skeketons get nerfed every patch, they probably aren't even good anymore, they don't even have a good racial cohesion besides a few uber runes like tonblord. Last patch bulwark was nerfed to non existance, bone mine weakened vs any non hard counter (which were also nerfed, meaning bine mine was weakened overall) and dark rising was strictly nerfed. They just do well against st typically since st can not kill equipment very easily, and they have meta frost / magic resist + arctic themed meta.

You are really biased if you don't think arctic beast swarms are not insanely op. They have 50 hp and charge. a freaking festering corpse has 50 hp and lumbering. Give me a break, this is why you are on my ignore list.

2. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

Global use does require a skill. IF you include a global rune you take away a slot in your BG for something else. If you are worried about a global being used on you why not use a counter to it hence the skill required to build a BG. So there is some bluffing that goes on as well. If I use a global relic kill on you and the spell back fires that hurts me pretty badly. Do I use it? if I do not use it you still have the upper hand as I have a wasted rune slot in my BG. You play FW a lot use Mason Spire and put a cheap relic out front to protect it like bone trap or what ever.

3. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

Hmm if i did put words in your mouth @DiCEM0nEY iam sorry, dont like to do that, did write for myself.
    I hate when i lose because of draws, and i love when i win even after i thought i would lose because of the draws/faction i face.
    Now I cant really remember when i lost last time just because of a draw. but i like drawmechanic, i like different maps, i like being 1st/2nd is random and different. (I dont like hearthstone)

Wish I had a great match per week, but atm i dont, its to much gimmicks or superefficient meta or players that dont really know what they are doing. I love getting beat by someone outplaying me with something that i thought was bad and i assumed i would win against. Or them using runes i havent seen/forgotten and have to go look in the checklist to figure out why they would use that.

sadly most ask for a deck or check the forums or copy someone elses or just transfer/copy their deck to just another account and play there

Imo globals aint bad as a mechanic in general, but if they are balanced is another question. (and i think most are)

4. DiCEM0nEY

Global remove the relevance of a battle map. hard counters remove the need for skill. soft counters such as evasive or resistance are actually healthy, because they don't invalidate a person's deck, it just weakens it. Arctic wail on the other hand, destroys all relics on the map.

I'd actually love to see an ability where shrines could self damage for extra draws. right now i think a shrine is basically indestructible unless you are literally facing a gimmick deck. I'd love to see shrines get damages in order to see the shrine as a killable object, and make the games frankly more skill based.

5. Braxzee

to be fair Arctic beasts swarms are not 50hp. Also zombie swarms happen faster due to far less requirement for it to happen. Arctic beast swarm has to happen from a basic attack, not just get infected and die at some point.

6. DiCEM0nEY

No, zombies require 5 zombies to be on the map for the swarm to even work (you are thinking of the ability zombie plague, which sucks was, and is over costed iirc). then they require the same mechanics to swarm, a kill with the zombie apocalypse ability. Their exact hp is quite high and rediculous.

7. Braxzee

Arctic wail does not destroy all it damages them. In order to destroy them more nora has to be pumped in. Roughly another 25 to 60. There are counters to it. With out arctic wail, font eruptions, and Seism as a counter you will get drop a click BGs and SL would become super destructive, IS and FW super annoying with their just drop a relic. Pox went thru the drop a relic win phase until Seism came available so you do not see these BGs as much

8. DiCEM0nEY

Maybe the solution wasn't to create seism, but to fix the cancerous mechanics that infected pox at that time. I know which one takes less work from a developers stand point: bandaiding a problem.

Gym now, good talk, I'll keep at it with better posts

9. DiCEM0nEY

How do you kill the rest with 25 nora btw?

Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
  10. Braxzee

Ohhh Noooo our matches are not any good? :(

11. DiCEM0nEY

The last one we had was actually a gg, but most games aren't as interesting as that one, win or lose. neither one of us were really hard countering each other that game, and neither of us used globals actually. I did believe that was part of the reason the game was good.

My deck was slightly good against yours, which is probably why I won, but it wasn't like you couldn't put up a fight or play the game

12. serxic

serxic I need me some PIE!

@DiCEM0nEY you were always right. I support you in all your comments of your different posts that I have been reading.

13. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

this is a Firking laugh riot honestly 10/10 necro

Tweek516 likes this.
  14. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Honestly he was right about everything except divine favor being better than the Xulos ability, I say Xulos ability because that is the only champ it should have ever been in.

Most of the relics that needed nerfed and global are mostly fw though.

Global abilities are so hard to plan for, and it is very difficult to destroy relic drips sitting behind shrines. Eliminates a ton of strategy with global nonsense.

15. DiCEM0nEY

I still hold a lot of the same opinions / sentiment I had when I created this thread, which is quite interesting since I now consider myself the best FW player active, and possibly the best fw player of all time.

I could flesh this topic out and update it for modern meta, but I'll hold off.

16. serxic

Bone Mine was nerfed months ago AGAIN !!!!. the bias is in favoring to KF for sell his limited runes?.... sound like marketing.

Bushido likes this.
  17. serxic

for divine favor vs dark favor use maths.
    Divine favor heals 12
    Dark Favor dmg 9

A divne favor counter a dark favor 3 and heal 3 hp more ( His only counter is decay, dark heal and skull of decay no works)

In the game exits more divine favor and all them are RANK 3. Only a champion have Dark favor 3 and is called Xulos. The others are hard countered with Mass heal 2 with cd 2.

In KF you can build a deck with 10 champions with divine favor. In split all yours champions with divine favor.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2020
  18. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Go for it hoss