Longsword: Pox Clone / Upgrade

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by zer0sum, Jun 20, 2017.

1. zer0sum

zer0sum The King of Potatoes

Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
  2. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Man, this looks beautiful, i love the map phisics like the waterfalls.
    I cant support the kickstarter but i will def play it

3. zer0sum

Cool, glad to hear it. But anybody who can support the KS, please do! Lookin kind of grim right now.

Kampel likes this.
  4. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

Do you have a YT channel and have you advertised anywhere besides here prior to the KS launch? A project like this could easily get funded but you need to reach a bigger crowd.

Kampel likes this.
  5. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

Threw you some bones my man! Game looks incredible. I like the idea of getting every rune in the game! When you do launch, and you are live, PLEASE allow an option that either lets us buy specific runes/factions we want or to just buy all runes outright for each expansion. Great stuff. I never share stuff on my Facebook, but i definitely shared this. Kudos!
    Bond

P.S. Pox is basically dead so this isn't that great of advertising resource.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
    Kampel likes this.
  6. zer0sum

Thanks guys. Yeah I've got other channels to market on and I'm doing that. We'll see! I really need some games media to run some stories. I think they are coming.

7. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

If by chance the Kickstarter doesn't fund 100%, will you still offer the same bundles for the game. Will gladly keep my same figure for the same reward bundle!

8. zer0sum

If it doesn't fund then I will bring it to Steam Early access sooner and offer similar bundles!

Bondman007 likes this.
  9. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

keep us updated,

here is a person failing to shake a police motorcycle by running into a supermarket

it has nothing to do with this thread I just wanted more than a 3 word post.

10. Eadbusta

Eadbusta I need me some PIE!

This looks really cool! I approve of this!

11. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

This is what Pox should be!

12. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

I vaguely remember someone arguing hard that pox should be sold like a table top war game instead of a tcg.

13. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

You were the sub whiner, or have you forgotten?

14. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Holy crap it looks awesome!
    Too bad I couldnt chip in, just saw this message on the link provided:

Funding Canceled
    Funding for this project was canceled by the project creator 1 day ago.

But please, please let us know when you release it man. I have a feeling this game is gonna be a hit, specially considering the beautiful graphics for sprites, even though I love how our sprites look it probably doenst please the current generation.

15. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

I think it could easily reach and surpass its goal. The market for this kind of game is niche but maybe zero needs some help with the reach to people. Basically, make BOOB ADVERTISEMENTS man. I'm not even kidding. Just show the nerds some cleavage and thighs -- you'll be swimming in dosh.

Alakhami likes this.
  16. zer0sum

Heh I may unleash the boobs! But in truth I am going to release the game on Steam Early Access next week and just start quietly building a user-base. I'm not in any rush to make money on this; I just want it to be a fun game that can hopefully cover development costs.

17. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

If I can. I'll totally sign up. The game looks really fun.

18. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

You might consider advertising this on Board Game Geek. Natural habitat for like minded individuals...

Kampel likes this.
  19. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

@zer0sum I was watching DansGame a couple weeks ago when he was covering kickstarters, and he went through yours: he REALLY liked it, which is quite rare. It's going to have a lot of value in RPG's, given players will be able to make their own maps.

20. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I honestly think the most exciting part is that map builder. WOW :D