Manslayer

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Indijanac, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Indijanac

Indijanac I need me some PIE!

Im not very concerned wit demon shield or dmg boost with spells or equip on him , or the bug that gives him 1 extra stack of warguard. But combat awareness and deep wound give him so much survivability that you just can't deal with him.
    2 shoots any non tank champ and you can't kill him b4 that cuz you need to hit him 6 times and she needs only 2 .. Logic.
    And I have question cuz that rune looks the same like in SoE days what was removed from her in revamp ? She was viable in SoE meta and survived revamp same/or 90% the same( im not sure but the kit is 100% same ) , she is even buffed with warguard bug.
    I don't get it how can I hit champion 6 times in early game that can 2 shoot my champion ?
    Its easy mode champ that you only need to deploy hit 2 times and win the game.
    So basically to 1 turn kill this champion you need 6 attacks ( that's 3 champs) in ideal range cuz you can forget about spells and any other method of killing.How im i to do that ?
    Late game you can deal with her , but at start and mid game I don't know if there is a batter champion in game.
    If that's fair .. I don't know then buff KF more or something

Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
  2. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Funny, I've always considered Manslayer to be one of the most balanced units in the game. It had a clearly defined role with solid strengths (great damage, strong early game presence, survivability) and clear compensatory weaknesses (less effective late game, fewer abilities than most units, linear design with little room for creative playmaking with her). This opinion was from before the revamp of course, so perhaps her power level has undergone some major flux. Adding Deep Wounds was questionable, since she already did high damage with Flanking/Rend 3, but even in the early game, unless you're 1v1ing her in a side font, most players could manage to eat up her Warcharges in 2 or 3 rounds tops.

Against Manslayer, it often works best to kite her a bit using some slippery unit and abusing her Warcharge mechanic, since that ability is one of her greatest strengths but also her greatest weakness (i.e. it makes or breaks how useful she is). If you have a unit with Hit and Run, Stall, Teleport, Leap, etc. then Manslayer will lose charges quickly while not being able to catch up with you and deal damage.

SPiEkY likes this.
  3. polltroy

polltroy I need me some PIE!

Thats the kf effect. If u play kf u supposed to quit the game or lose all the time or change faction. He is one of those more extreme examples.

4. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Thing is, the difference between 4 and 6 charges is kinda massive but that's not working as intended so it's hard to judge power level on that alone.

It's super expensive but a Cloaked and Branded Manslayer is scary as Firk if you don't have proper detect.

Sealer0 and SPiEkY like this.
  5. Indijanac

Indijanac I need me some PIE!

I think the same that deep wounds and her dmg in general is the main problem , cuz I get it she needs to have combat awareness so warguard would not drop too fast.But the dmg this champion can put out is insane at current state b4 you can deal with her.On average I lose 2 or 3 champion and 1 spell b4 I can kill her early and mid game.

6. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I think it's too much right now, but lets see how it looks after warguard is fixed.

7. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Which should be this week.

There may also be a conversation about Deep Wounds in general, now that it's been spread around a bit.

8. Atherhog

Atherhog I need me some PIE!

Deep Wounds could certainly be discussed. It's a very hurtsome ability.

9. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Are you trying to put salt in the wound?

DarkJello and Etherielin like this.
  10. Atherhog

Atherhog I need me some PIE!

Don't even suggest it! Nefari Salt Sprayer.... Wounded champs become "salted" and take a further +25% dmg!

11. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

pots

SPiEkY likes this.
  12. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

To be fair, that one stack of warguard isn't the problem with her.

Let's be honest here.

SaintKiwi likes this.
  13. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Deep wounds gives survivability?

SaintKiwi likes this.
  14. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Hahaha, I know right. I was thinking the same thing.

15. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

says the guy ABUSING BUGS TO WIN WITH SKEEZ

Etherielin, SaintKiwi and Sealer0 like this.
  16. polltroy

polltroy I need me some PIE!

I think solution is to reduce wanguard and ammo 1 or 2 slots. Then it will be a bit more balanced.

17. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Funny that both Deadly Tracker and Manslayer are considered over the top. I wonder why?

Also:
    I'm sorry to tell you this, but those are some somewhat obscure skills you listed.

18. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Lies and slander.

SaintKiwi likes this.
  19. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

BURN HIM!!!!

20. Osidan

Osidan I need me some PIE!

Reducing it to 33%? Worked for colossal.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2015