Many of the new exo seem to be severely lacking

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mw24, Aug 22, 2015.

1. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

how come 8 nora? the effect of the damage stacking is extremely limited on the champions that currently have dictate.(also 1 damage on 1 champion is almost nothing, not very impactful at all) Not only that but if you want it to be an ability like inspire that is used to increase the damage on a champion over time then it doesn't make sense to have the ap portion of this ability just adding to its cost.

2. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Soko bro i have advice. stop wasting your time by indulging in MW nonsense you know he's wrong and you know he's not going to change his mind. forget about it and move on

3. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

yeah its a buff but the ability currently is extremely bad.( if this ability was removed from blackblade and just left as an empty slot the champ would probably become meta) @themacca who are these random trolls who keep attempting to derail this thread? X___x

4. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

There is certainly some nonsense here, but there is some merit as well.

5. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

if this ability was removed from each champ that currently has it they would either be meta or very good within their themes.(draksar high marshal, enforcer of the circle, blackblade baron) Dictate is killing them currently. I think I have seen dictate used less than 5 times in the 2000+ games I have played in ranked in the past year.(I think I have played 3000+ ranked games since I came back last semptember, lol)

same thing with those stupid dragonbark/tomb drop abilities. There are probably other examples of similar abilities wreaking havoc on this game preventing runes from being playable as well. That new tomb sentinel would have been a great addition to fw and seems like a solid rune(with great art), if it weren't for the tomb drop ability placing it deep into the shoebox.(even the tomb sentinels lore is amazing)

Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
  6. daeminicus

daeminicus Devotee of the Blood Owl

Be happy that Sok takes his time and discuss with all of us

mw24 likes this.
  7. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

Houngan seems really good to me. I wish it had dogpile though.

8. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

What are you?

9. themacca

Either your maths is all kinds of firked up or you really need help learning the calendar. Anyways here you go

[​IMG]

10. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

About the runes:
    Baron is fine, really good in Skeletons Bg when lots of summons are in table. You should try him that way.
    Abhorrent is a really overcosted, but Blood Convergence combo really good with the Bloodgoyle, and it deal LoL, so is strong if you can set it properly.
    Houngan problem is his range, 2-4 is garbage. His signature is good, it gives an "global lifesiphon" do allies, give a lot of survivability to the nids.
    Vaguard is strange. His stats are awful, but his signature is good, Initiave for 2 champs is really usefull.

11. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

baron isn't really good, he cost too much and is mediocre at best, not really even worth using. the rest of the stuff you said is true except you forgot to mention how bad abhorrent actually is.

12. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

look at the games played on markxxiv and mw24. I made the mark account this year and came back with around 2000 games played on mw24. There is a reason I know so much about this game and can actually play every faction as good as nearly anyone. You are a troll and people like you derailing my post and threads are the real cancer of this game.
    I am pretty sure alot of people who play this game are frustrated that it is still not balanced(never will be perfect but its definitely not where it should be atm), that there is still rediculous stuff like dictate and blockade costing 10 nora,(these abilities would still be mediocre if they costed 1 nora) current IS,(lol, IS zealots...)release flamefist being able to do 60 dmg combos by itself,(how did this get past testing/council???) and new exos being pre-packaged in the shoebox like half the ones from this expansion.(-____-) I have been spending a significant amount of time and energy trying to resolve all of these issues and more through the use of the forums and people like themacca and many more have been sabotaging my attempts for the dumbest reasons. People would rather get attention, troll people, or try to sabotage their work over jealously, bitterness, zealotry, or some other silly reason, than allow someone to help fix the game who had the capability, time, and knowledge to do so. People are difficult...

13. Scrijordan

Scrijordan I need me some PIE!

No abhorrent need to buff not op levels but at least playable levels

mw24 likes this.
  14. Scrijordan

Scrijordan I need me some PIE!

how do you release shoebox exos like Abhorrent and Vanguard

15. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

overcompensation. they wanted to avoid the madness from coalitions but didn't have enough help getting the runes to a proper state of balance, seems like they just did the best they could. Can't really blame the devs too much. If I would have gotten a preview of the new runes/rune changes like I asked, none of this would have happened.(assuming they'd listened to the feedback I would have gave) Unfortunately I was banned 7 days prior to the release, probably to appease certain players considering I didn't take any actions that were ban worthy. I am not sure how much free time I am going to have in the near future, I start school and work this week.

@Scrijordan themacca doesn't exactly play this game competitively, trying to explain to him the problem with vanguard is probably not a good use of your time. He has strong opinions about things that are based upon his experiences in a non competitive environment. One of the top trolls of these forums.

16. themacca

@Scrijordan what makes u think the new vanguard is shoebox? guy is a massive tempo increase and having drive seems insanely helpful in skeezick

17. Ifem21

Abhorrent just don't have stats, like I said, his signature can be very powerfull when porperlly set.
    About the Vanguard, his signature is really good, but his stats are mediocre, don't know why so bad, really.

18. themacca

he's mostly made to increase the tempo of the BG. he does a great job of that too doesnt need stats. also skeezick are stat buffing monsters dont really need that either

19. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Honestly i like this new form of dictate, i would run it. However no range champs should ever ever get it like you said, right now just not enough reward for the nora cost and hp loss. This might make enforcer and a couple other runes very runnable. Good work

Abhorrent's blood convergence is a horrid ability even if your opponent sits 4 champs right next to each other and you use bloodgoyle as a combo your still only dealing 12 damage for like 160 nora. Maddening echoes does 17 damage to 4 champions within aoe 2 for 35 nora, i'll take 2 echoes please for 70.

20. Ifem21

Exaclty, that's why I said he is really overcosted, he don't have stats to cost that much, also, how much nora Blood Convergence cost? Probally this is the reason of the overcost. Or reduce the cost of this ability to 2 nora or something like that, or increase the dmg done, so it can be really helpful.