Markoth's Desk (August 18th patch list and next patch discussion)

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Markoth, Jul 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Bugs:

Stuff that got "patched" but didn't make it to live:
    • Charger Knight did not receive Race: Barbarian
    • Isran (Inquisitor LE) is not a Barbarian
    • Elite Skirmisher did not receive Race : Beast
    • Tundra Barbarian did not receive Shatter 1-2 patches ago. (Tarth)
    • Paladin Commander did not receive revamp (Fixed)
    • (Speculation) Northern Cross Priestess does not seem to have received the efficiency buff.
    • Tales of Valor didn't get updated. (Still needs a visible effect text.)
    • Archangel of Al'Mara - Was she supposed to be reduced to 6 speed? It was not included in the patch notes, and if so did she get a cost reduction because she seems the same cost.

Buffs:
    • Battle Leader (Too expensive at 15) compare to Commander:X, Boost, Battlemaster, Warcry Etc. (Tarth)
    • Brewmaster needs a class. Brute makes sense but may be too strong.

Nerfs:
    • Trail: Hallowed Ground is only 5 Nora. Compare to Regeneration, etc. Increase to 10ish

Lateral/Small Chages:
    • Northern Cross Cardinal - Lose Race: Human. Never was sure why he was a Human, Dwarf

Last edited: Aug 5, 2014
  2. Ulfheobar

Ulfheobar The King of Potatoes

Paladin commander is changed.
    :p
    Archangel was 6 speed after rewamp along with inquisitor and magnus.
    Ride down is bugged. It goes through everything probably. Also if you have relic in front target is destroyed but Fist do not move.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2014
  3. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

ya I copy pasted from last page and strike-thru doesnt move over it seems. According to poxbase (which was current up until last patch) it was 7 so I cant be completely crazy.

4. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

Some things that didnt get fully patched from July 4th.

Barbarian Commander
    • Battle Leader added to upgrade set 2
    • Protective added to upgrade set 2
    • Enrage removed from upgrade set 2 ( Still has Enrage 2 in upgrades if it matters)
    Interrogator
    • Shatter added to base
    • Punish added to upgrade set 2 ( Still has punish base and upgrade if it matters)
    • Declare Target added to upgrade set 2
    Tundra Barbarian
    • Shatter added to 2nd ability set ( Never got this)

Gedden likes this.
  5. srinshee

srinshee Well-Known Member

Don't know if it's a known issue but Attack: Keg is not the basic attack for the Hooligan, so the hotkey is not working

6. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Christmas Euan still doesn't have the same upgrade tree as Exotic Euan does.

7. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Pfft you think that's bad... Hanukkah Talgar has "twice" the "upgrades" but they all suck... :D

Grand General Mosh likes this.
  8. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

I really would love to see race: human, class barb. Vengeant Knight is the man right now, and i would love to use violent with humans. Plus i have wanted a good human bg since forever. My reasoning is selfish but it would allow more synergy, I think.

9. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

Does, Does this mean we will finally have the Human, Barbarian, Paladin's we've been craving?

OriginalG1 likes this.
  10. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

How should Groble Strike force be handled?

11. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

@Baskitkase Opinions?

Aria the Priestess
    -Attack-Lightning changed to Attack-Fire (Art)

Northern Cross Priestess (Should drop her Cleansing Flame and Aura build to 77)
    -Attack-Fire changed to Attack-Lighting
    -Call: Celestial Spear moved to Upgrades A (For Now)
    -Mark of Al'Mara moved from Upgrades A to Base

Is anyone overly attached to her heal options on Tree B and if not what would be good replacement options?

Last edited: Aug 10, 2014
  12. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

Remove class Paladin from them. They are clearly not paladins and im not sold on electric damage as fire is an alt damage type ( physical/fire/magic all from paladins). If they wnat more alt damage run some gosh dang shamans or priests. its not even out of theme, they are suppose to be equal parts of the holy theme. Build some cross class synergy for goodness sake. Hell the spear on a priest is such synergy.

13. Ulfheobar

Ulfheobar The King of Potatoes

Hell yeah !! We need to show them their place. To the kitchen Maleficiaesssss.

14. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Agreed. And added to post.

15. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I guess that's better. I'm not that hot about 77 for that. Bolt easily wins out at 80 if she's not a paladin. She loses her synergy with command and attendant. I don't see the need for the removal of paladin. The reasons stated by Mr tinfoil are his opinions, and I'm in disagreement with them, /shrug.

Tldr, non paladin, no reason to run her, wimp with pal synergy is crucial.

16. Legato

Legato I need me some PIE!

Seconding Baskit. Only reason to run NCP (ESPECIALLY WITH CURRENT COST) is because she's a paladin.

Which actually fits. What argument is there for it to be removed other than the 'priestess' besides the name? She's apart of the Northern Cross, by the lore a sect completely composed of Paladins.

I don't understand why you would remove Paladin from her before Master Axeman.

17. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

Please do not remove Paladin. I agree with Baskitkase and Legato. I challenge you: Post a good battlegroup you would run her in if she was NOT a Paladin, then list the pros and cons.

18. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

I'm curious, with people complaining about Paladin's being the IS Race: Demon would now, post revamp, not be the best time to push the benefits of running priests/shamans separated from and included within Paladin BG's? As opposed to simply including them for utility and the fact that they happen to benefit from CtE.

19. Legato

Legato I need me some PIE!

Not just Paladins, but Barbarians too (I think the only nonsensical example for Pally is Master Axeman).

That's a fair notion but entirely removed from what's currently being suggested. I'm not a fan of changing things with the intent of someday having a discussion on what purpose it should serve, Poxnora has a terrible track record of doing that backwards.

I'm all for diversifying and putting more meaning behind the classes, if those three classes and their purposes/contributions to CtE as a theme is to be clarified, I can think of no negatives, but the prerequisite is that it's done currently. Ever since the advent of the NCP units there hasn't been much of a reason to run Shamans or Priests when you can viably run all Paladins(Veilwalker was the only exception). Although it didn't begin that way priest and shaman are an afterthought that just so happen to also be affected by CtE, there isn't much of a theme or anything otherwise. Either way, the Northern Cross are a Paladin Order.

Thbigchief likes this.
  20. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

So Paladin added back on for now. I do think that eventually Paladins should be split more but rocking the boat right now will only further destabilize the CtE theme.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.