Massively imbalanced in favor of the rich

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by niddhog, Mar 11, 2014.

1. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

What an amazing read. (Not a compliment).

This is like the 1,473rd time such a thread has been made. Each and every one has been mostly fail. The next whine and cheese-fest will be mostly fail, and the one after that, and so on... The few good points are drowned by the TERRIBLE ideas of a few unmedicated chaps. The problem is NOT poor English, but rather VERY anemic logic. I beseech thee to depart hence, and stop being a scourge to the Pox community. We want the game to succeed, and distracting many with mostly inane negativity does NOT benefit the group.

TL;DR

Rarity is NOT the problem. Each box needs more value. Evolved UI. Etc...

Napalm Monk likes this.
  2. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

And all 1473 of those threads were ignored and treated with scorn like this one. Pox was sold for a reason darkjello. If you think DoG snatched it up just to keep you and the other 100 or so core players happy I think you're in for a let down. P2w keeps a majority of gamers away. What has failed is yours and others attempts to convince them otherwise. Right or wrong you're going to need to sing a different tune if you want pox 3.0 to actually succeed.

Zenity and uaChakra like this.
  3. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

I'd also like to point out that if you do the dailies every day for a month (~1k gold per day) you'll have enough for a box. That is FAR better than any other time in Pox history.

4. Emries

Emries Devotee of the Blood Owl

I'd like to point out that your names are way too similar and should duel it out

No really though, for a minute there I thought OP was you and that you took some mental damage during the Pox migration :p

5. DarkJello

Whining should always be treated with scorn. Why would you align yourself with peeps that use horribly anemic logic constantly? You are better than that sir. Pox can die a horrible death and I will only be impacted in a slightly negative manner at worst. I want it to succeed, and I have made many suggestions recently, but my happiness does NOT hinge on Pox's success. This game is Play2Win, on that at least we agree. ;) Again, I am on the record many times that the cost of each box is too high. Value MUST be increased substantially for Pox to evolve from niche to uber-niche. I will give DoGz at least 6 months before offering a preliminary verdict, and a good 12 months before I would consider jumping ship. (In America, we often give one loser president after another 8 years to "fix" things, so 6-12 months seems stingy in comparison). I like the tune I am singing. It is funky and cool and sly--like a tiger/wolf/goat hybrid. Savvy??

https://www.google.com/url?q=http:/...PUBMCs&usg=AFQjCNGkghbKj4mC-vpo30upC2mXI5eiJQ

:cool:

6. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

I feel like, if pox does somehow start grabbing new players' attention, this type of thread or mentality will become common.

7. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

Assuming new players stick around long enough to express their feelings about it.

8. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

given that attitude, what skin is it off your nose if they nerf every leg and lim to the shoebox? OR, add them to the forge and make them as accessible as the rest of the game? OR add limited rarity formats so that those who think legs/lims matter, don't have to face them. Its all about perception, and new players make their determination far sooner than 6 months, and they base it off their own play experience, not on the posts of high ranked player (who almost never have rune availability issues). So again, why argue against these ideas. if the game really isn't p2w then why do some players fight so hard against having the status quo changed? could it be because they don't want to see a drop in value of their rune collection? worst reason ever.

9. TheNidhogg

I wouldn't have a problem with Legends being added to the forge at high crafting values, but I do think Legends are entering the game at a decent clip already.

10. DarkJello

#1: If you had spent your energy making a Pox-esque game INSTEAD of thousands upon thousands of posts in 1 forum after another, you would be done already. Prioritization is critically important. In fact, it is much more beneficial than being importantly critical.

#2: I don't believe nerfing "every leg and lim to the shoebox" will result in financial success for DoGz. Lots of non-paying players is groovy, but who will pay the server costs, pizza expense, soda fund, or salary of hard-working employees? Platitudes get peeps elected, but fail hardcore almost every time in the real world.

#3: Even if they were in the forge, the expense would be astronomical... and endless whining that "P2W" is "ruining" Pox would continue. I am not opposed to such a change, and hopefully I am wildly wrong and all the whiners are magically happy. Limited rarity tourneys could be a thing. The truly 1337 players would still mostly win, but at least rarity = power complaints would chillax a tiny bit.

#4: I am not a new player, thus I will give DoGz at least 12 months. Keeping a much higher % of newer players is very important. I have already agreed with that many times in the last month. Lower cost of boxes AND increasing value has also been declared "win" by me many times in the last month. DoGz needs time. Savvy?

#5: You could always make your own "perfect" game, fyi. (Declared before, but it needs to be stressed).

#6: I have already advocated AGAINST the status quo. I don't care about rune value. Means nothing to me personally.

May the universal spirit of coolness bless and inspire 1 and all to greatness. Amen.

http://www.universaluv.com/universalUV website/Paintings/Eternal Spirit.JPG

:)

11. Greysands22

Greysands22 I need me some PIE!

The only solution is to make leg runes available to forge. End of problem.

People talk about devaluing runes look at the cost of exos in poxbox. The forge is working as intended so just make it include legendary runes.

For some themes you need these runes, period.

12. Nappy

Nappy The King of Potatoes

This is really far off base for two reasons imo. One you can't say that League has a design flaw that locks people into playing a certain champion pool because new champs are made free weekly. In fact it's pretty common that people in league of legends have LARGER champion pools than those that play Dota 2 because their choices to begin with aren't so ridiculously overwhelming. It's much easier to show somebody a game and tell them "These are the ten heroes you can play with this week, learn these ones this week and then move on" than it is to have them play their first game where they AND their opponents can choose from over 120 heroes. I've played games of Dota 2 with friends where they played 4-6 games in a row their first time and saw ALL new heroes every game, thus making it so when they played again at a later date they still had no real idea what any of the heroes did because they took in so much information at once.

The second reason is that gamers as a community need to stop comparing every single game they come across to dota 2 and LoL. These two games are so outlandishly successful when compared to so many other games that putting Pox Nora up to them and expecting them to have the same business model is absurd. Multiplayer Online Battle Arenas as a genre have a MUCH bigger crowd base than hex-based strategy/ccg hybrids and you can't expect DoG to just walk in and make this game as popular as two of the most popular video games of all time AND somehow still make enough money from said game to produce it, it's a process that we need to give them time to figure out. Complaining about a TCG having some P2w elements in them is silly because almost every single one of them does, and the very few who don't are either ridiculously unbalanced or have incredibly stale meta-games, thus killing the games fanbase. It's not like every time you queue up you lose because your opponent had an Inquisitor Magnus or whatever rune your complaining about that day is, it's because you're mad you lost. And sometimes when your opponent has a green circle at the bottom of their runes you can now come up with an excuse as to why you were bested. There is no false advertisement here, this game IS free to play, you get to play all the features of the game, including campaigns and ranked play and 2v2 without having to spend money on a cartridge or CD, it simply has extra runes/features you as the player can choose to spend money on if you feel so inclined.

Thbigchief and Rapidice like this.
  13. Saka

Saka The King of Potatoes

Of course League is flawed in design, switching champions is costly because champions and runes are costly, and runes in a lot of situations make or break a champion. Chapmions cost 6300 and it takes quite a while to get that, especially if you are freshly level 30. This contributes quite a bit to players racing to lock into their favorite champions because exploring other champions is not favorable without expensive rune set up. If they do become forced to switch champs, they suck at the new champ because they havent played it. Free champion rotation doesn't cut it. Dota 2 has a much healthier design because there is no specific expensive rune set up and you don't have to buy champions so it's much easier to switch between champions to explore.

Secondly it should be very obvious by now Poxnora is not a TCG game, it's a turn based tactics game that pretends it's a TCG game. It uses TCG game as a medium to facilitate its tactical units, and 'spells', and the TCG game was just a model so they could make money when they first started out. Poxnora could have used a totally different medium other than CARDS to express its units, 'spells', etc and have its whole 'card' selection accessible from the beginning with no grinding, and still became successful if they sold skin prices like league, or sold aesthetics items/equipments like dota2. Proper aesthetics (skins etc) is a powerful motivation to play, ever played Guild Wars 1?

This game isn't free to play, don't kid yourselves. With so many F2P games out there on the market it's an insult to pretend pox is a true F2P game. Answering the rest of your post would be beating the dead horse, the answers are all over the forums :|

Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
  14. Saka

Requirement to play pox: pre-grind dailies for a month, save 30k gold, buy 1 box, then scratch head and still dont got enough for a deck :|

Pox had a pretty bad history, now might be better than ever, but it's still barricading new players, not even close to being an inviting game to play

Zenity likes this.
  15. Byarfus

Byarfus The King of Potatoes

"Massively imbalanced in favor of the rich"

Welcome to Earth.

DarkJello likes this.
  16. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- I know what type of gamer you are now. Anyway, it seems your definition of flawed is peculiar which is why you are having a lot of trouble here. League is wildly insanely successful... your confusing the term flawed with "annoying to me". I would love to see how much you think a player "should" pay for a game feature....and then what a player "deserves" for that contribution. I bet that would insanely informative. Emphasis on insane.

Shuyash and DarkJello like this.
  17. TheNidhogg

Requirement to play pox: Be okay with playing in the training grounds.

18. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Ironically all ranked games show up in training grounds now :D

19. Saka

You're confusing 'successful' with something else... I suppose you thought diablo 3 was 'successful' as well. What a well designed game right? cause sold 6 million copies.

20. Lubanja

Lubanja Member

OK you'll have to explain to me why you think Diablo 3 is a bad game. Or Unsuccessful. And please don't quote me the "it doesn't look like diablo 2" gritty bullshit, because Blizzard had the budget to make the game not look like Bane Shift.