Minotaurs Bro

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TeaScholar, Dec 1, 2015.

1. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

They've been relatively the same for a while, with a few new things and what not. Cool.

But the issues with them have likewise been the same issues for a long enough time now, to where even I must complain about them. These issues used to hit me square in the face and I told myself to 'get good' instead of nerfcall.
    I got good, oh look at that, I still lose to them 90% of the time I face them.

Now I'm going to name a few things that I think are the problem, and I want all of you to tell me why it's not OP, if possible. I would imagine these things should change somehow.

- Dimension Shift is an improved teleport that grants Evasive and costs only 2 ap.
    - The ability to Summon a Dimension Door costs only 1 ap, and is unlimited, meaning there's no limit to the number of doors made by one champ.
    - Dimension Doors have 15 hp.
    - The fact that you can spot deploy the thing means it can do whatever anything else can do, for cheaper or more effective. Compare with Drac. Benediction, Relocate Ally, and Teleport.

My suggestions:
    - Either leave out the evasive part of D. Shift, or keep evasive and cost more ap.
    - Either limit the number of doors a champ can summon, or make it cost more than one ap.
    - Give Dimension Door 10 hp, or make the ability/relic cost more.
    - Make Dimension Shift start on cooldown so you can't automatically teleport the same turn you deploy the door.

Feel free to discuss

2. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Evasive is planned to be removed.

I am also considering a HP reduction to about 10 HP so they are more easily removed by the opponent.

Also, just for information purposes, the ability that deploys them currently costs 15 nora (Poxbase is outdated).

Anima26 and DarkJello like this.
  3. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

Cool. Ol' Sok is on top of things it seems.

Back in the days a thread like this would've been hated on so hard.

4. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Everyone kinda realizes that Minos need some nerfs. Even mogabait suggested some changes.

TeaScholar and DarkJello like this.
  5. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Would really like Deploy: Relics to cost the same amount of AP unless they need to be hidden.

IMAGIRL and Cydna like this.
  6. MogaBait

MogaBait I need me some PIE!

I think these changes are a good first step, essentially decoupling the role of damage prevention provided by dimension doors from the roles of mobility and relocation (closing the "range gap").

7. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

not some nerfs, the only issue is the door. also if the door is overnerfed minotaur will suck like demon elves and demons themes do currently.

8. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Uh no there is a problem bigger than just changing the doors. There is a minimal ap penalty for teleporting 19+ dmg minotaurs around for 2 ap. Most of the minotaurs have abilities like: encroached, preparation, multiattack 2, crushing blow, portal walker which blend nicely with their high melee dmg and allow for power turns at the drop of a 25 nora door that costs 2 ap. The teleporting is too efficient. Doors need to cost more, and require more ap to use. Small changes to door cost and ap cost to teleport might do it. Over doing it will shoebox the theme because they rely on the dimension doors.

9. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

nah... minotaur really arent much stronger than other top tier bgs atm but the door could use a nerf. anything more than that and they won't be very usuable in higher ranks.(like most of ud currently since the relocation and various other nerfs)

I can currently beat any minotaur player without too much difficulty the majority of the time.(so they can't be that op) lol. I also play them sometimes myself and they are pretty much on par with the other strong bgs I play when I am trying to rank up/win.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
  10. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

keep in mind that teacholar only plays fw, arguably the weakest faction in the game when it comes to playing competitive matches.

I probably prefer playing fw more than any other faction in the game and I don't even play it in competitive because of how weak it is. I think the devs understand the fw faction less than any other faction in the game when it comes to pvp. Alot of the changes made to the faction in the past year have just been weird. and its taken a ton of time/work and convincing to get the devs to make any positive changes to this faction and its still in a pretty bad spot overall.

11. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

It took me a good 5 minutes to figure out this wasn't some garbled jab at Tea, and was really just a horrific typographical error.

12. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

I dont think evasive being removed is that great of an idea considering how dominant range is in this game. Minotaur lack range themselves and ud is supposed to be an anti range faction. evasive is one of the reasons minotaur can still work properly as a theme against powerful range heavy decks. I think it would be better to make using the door cost 1 more ap or require minotaur to be 1 space closer in order to teleport to it. I really dont want to see a theme thats nearly perfect balancewise be destroyed like so many others have been recently.

ptjimbo likes this.
  13. Sokolov

Yea, I think Evasive will go away either way. Right now I am debating between AP3 (which would be consistent with other relic summon abilities) or lowering the HP.

14. Sokolov

And the plan isn't to make Doors terrible. That's the Minotaur's core design. They give up other things in order to have this. It allows them to gap close onto range. Evasive was added when there were relatively few Minotaurs to fully flesh out the theme, and the training wheels can come off now.

Note: It was already previously nerfed by 1 space in terms of proximity required.

15. Revengercm

Revengercm I need me some PIE!

Hahaha. I'm done. Going back and forth with balancing. Later a few themes will be OP and you buff Minos again XD.
    Hope the game is balanced in 2 years but then again. We wouldn't be talking.

16. Sokolov

Earlier:
    Now:
    Ok.

WhatTheHex, 4NIK8, Axeraiser and 9 others like this.
  17. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Please keep hp the same on doors and make them dmg the relic on use. Id like it to be similar too Wardens of the Paths door.

vitor and Xirone like this.
  18. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Boo hoo, good bye

19. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Actually minotaurs are worse as a theme than Hyaenid Stormreader was as an individual rune, is there any chance if we could have a hotfix to address this?

20. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

maybe if you dont know how to play against minotaurs or properly space your runes.... lol... stormreader bg is still much stronger than minotaur, i play them both. ask kokon or bellagion, they both just got rank 2 with stormreader after its nerf...

minotaur are really strong but stormreader is worse.