Minotaurs Bro

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TeaScholar, Dec 1, 2015.

1. xxLordQxx

xxLordQxx I need me some PIE!

Nerf them. They are not top tier anyway. They still get decimated by range and champ control. Not to mention they are almost all 6 speed, range 1, and no way other than door to close the gap or get close to combat. Play them for awhile and while yes poor champ positioning will get you destroyed by them.....as will doing it against any decent BG.

I do want them to get nerfed so they can be opened up to more mechanics other than...portal smash face....or lose.

2. xxLordQxx

xxLordQxx I need me some PIE!

Lets try to keep this thread about minos. It would be very easy to derail this by comparing this issue to the other balance issues/runes in the game. But lets stay focused on this so they can get some design space in the long run.

3. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

they are top tier, one of the best bgs in the game currently. If door is nerfed to hard they will suck tho, also their new exo sucks. mino render is really good tho(the render ability itself is also glitched and giving extra damage)

4. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Personally I want the Minos to lose is evasive from the door.

5. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

I swear man...

Demonsion shift is the most theme enabling mechanic in poxnora that is just overpowered for no real reason.

In terms of power, its like Dorfs + Prenerf beermaiden except for Mobility and positioning.

Then they have units like the Portal dancers that get more abilities for doing what they already do naturally.

The moment you poke a monotaur, they deploy a door and teleport in to kill it with 16 damage range attacks and 20 damage melee

Thbigchief and TeaScholar like this.
  6. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Yeah from what I understand the dimension doors were there to "help" minotaurs handle matchups vs ranged. I guess as more minotaurs got released and tweaks occurred ...all the sudden Mino's have

1) Absorb
    2) Phantom Dash
    3) Charge/crushing charge
    4) Portal dancer
    5) Swap
    6) Vivify
    7) Deflect
    8) Crushing blow (still op)

- So I'm glad the evasive is being removed from dimension hops...because the mino is already relocating to catch the ranged...the evasive is an embarassment of riches on top of it. Couple this with the other aspects the mino's champ lineup now have in the way of damage mitigation we are probably at a crossroads. Now I've beat mino's so they must not be OP in general...but we are approaching the point where the champs aren't immediately nuked by range AND they jump on the ranged champs face. Kind of need one or the other if you hit like a truck on top of it.

- Having said that, I like what sok's "intentions" were...to make a theme able to circumvent it's weakness at the expense of a hoop jump....but the hoop jump is rewarding in itself and the mino's dont get blown up quite as easy by range anymore so its good on top of good at this point.

7. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

[​IMG] Range 1-5, dragging attack, multiattack, ready 2, 15 damage in FF UD. 5 speed doesn't matter cuz ready+multiatk
    [​IMG] Melee, PHANTOM DASH, 7 speed, 14 damage in FF UD, rend adds 4+3+2+1 (10), Hostile can self proc him to 19 damage, or if he has enrage instead he can hit 21 damage plus the rend's +10 if uncleansed
    [​IMG]7 speed, Charge 3, Crushing Charge, Hostility can self proc him to 19 damage
    [​IMG]6 speed, Swap 3, Teleport OR Bloodseeker, Portal, +3 damage for everytime he scratches his balls
    [​IMG]Infinitely summons free doors for 1 ap, giving all of these champs an EXTRA way to go about
    [​IMG]Initiative 2 or Reinforcement 2, Cleanses and Dispels anything through a passive ability, GENS NORA, has a ranged attack
    [​IMG]Encroached, Charge 3

8. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

the door is the only reason they are runnable, they are very nice melees but this game is dominated by range. The door could use a nerf but too much of a nerf would ruin the theme.

Also i dont understand why you didnt write a longer description for the most interesting minotaur, thunderhoof. did you not read his flavor text? have you never been charged by a full ap 9 speed 20+ dmg thunderhoof?

Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
  9. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

When Teascholar gives a detailed explanation with pretty colours you can't resist.

Legit though, that's pretty spot on.

TeaScholar likes this.
  10. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

I wouldn't mind but what are the other options that we can use to stop opponent?

Orb of protection - Can be destroyed by seism (but still the best option since mageknight is also Attack:fire it will make it last a little longer)
    Cowards reach
    Mindslicer Obilisk -It can be destroyed by siesm (also make all your psudo-range useless)
    Breath of ash - It bad because it make all of your psudo- range useless
    Soul feed - Permenently range to 1 debuff (make your opponent cry)

What really would be good is if we had a spell that give all champions a one-time dodge ability which will help to stop opponent from killing you

Evasion tactics
    Nora: 40
    All friendly champions gains dodge, once it activates it is removed.