More Web plz: Part II - Post Revamp

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by Authyrtyr, Jun 29, 2014.

1. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

Also, I don't remember who originally suggested it but adding a champ with Hunter: Ensnared would be pretty sweet.

2. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

i think getting mass web to give 1-2 ap to all spiders on the field (like the KF lashdown) would be nice.

Authyrtyr likes this.
  3. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

@Sokolov is there any plan to change the arachnid theme? and not have it be creep and crawl be the same... instead have a more web based theme?

4. fattyy2k

fattyy2k I need me some PIE!

My fav decks are terrain generators and web would be freaking awesome

Gnomes likes this.
  5. DukeofDunks

DukeofDunks I need me some PIE!

Seeing as these are spiders it should be on a unit. though immobile or lumbering.

6. Authyrtyr

Why? They live in webs so those webs need to be as big as them at least. It makes total sense for them to fill up the terrain, especially if you look at the art for several spiders (ie Soulcrawler or Weaver).

7. DukeofDunks

I was referring the the web generator. The one that spits out web every turn, id assume its abdomen would be grotesquely large so it can do the whole constant web spit thing and thus unable to carry itself well or at all.

8. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

seeing as @Sokolov is not answering @Senshu could you maybe get him over here its been 2 weeks since we have asked if their is any even inkling if a change is happening to spiders to a more web terrain based theme?

9. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Personally I think there is room for more web terrain in spiders, but I don't think it should be central to the theme.

The main problem with impeding terrain is that it is really not that fun to play against and it is useless against flying champs/themes. Jungle front is pretty annoying, and anyone old enough to remember impeding snow in ST will know how annoying that was.

So I think some more web terrain mechanics are a good idea, but not too much more.

10. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

true, getting everyone to have lumbering is op. But i do feel that spiders are fleshed out enough as a theme that having a different ratial passive then creep and crawl would be nice.

and the ideas that both @Authyrtyr and myself thought up were quite interesting / fun, because they focused more on being a Arachnid, then just any plain old arthropod.

11. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

If he hasn't responded it is likely he doesn't have an answer he is ready to talk about at the moment. @Sokolov has a bunch of design ideas in the works, so it very well could be he is still working on ideas.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
    Gnomes likes this.
  12. Authyrtyr

Obviously you have to keep it balanced. Web Front would probably be overpowered but having Weave Web as a source of terrain generation with one terrain generating spell seems fine to me. More focus on benefits of the terrain with at most moderate terrain generation.

13. DukeofDunks

it would make a lot of sense if the mass web spell applied aoe web around the target, the range limited/extended by the number of arthropods you have

Gnomes likes this.
  14. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

15. Ujelly

Ujelly I need me some PIE!

16. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

@Sokolov any changes to spiders on the way? just a quick yes or no will suffice.

17. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

with the decrease of Font eruption and Unholy tomb, spiders have been doing much better for me. they dont git hard counterd nearly as much. zombies and stiched are a little hard but its getting better. any of you having more luck for the last expac?