Nefari Rook

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by junithorn, Feb 13, 2015.

1. junithorn

junithorn I need me some PIE!

Demon
    65 nora

9 dmg
    6 spd
    1 rng
    2 def
    50 hp

Upgrade Set 1

Crushing Charge
    Break the Line

Upgrade Set 2

Charge 1
    Charge 2
    Charge 3

Base Abilities

Attack - Physical
    Castle - This champion and Maxxarek swap places. 3ap
    Equip: Sheoul Brand - This champion comes into play equipped with a Sheoul Brand.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2015
  2. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

Those upgrades...are you trying to sneak another pair of Thunderhoof into your deck?

3. Dwlr

Dwlr I need me some PIE!

Technically when you castle in chess you move two squares towards the rook and then the rook moves to the square that crosses the king, you don't switch places at all.
    R---K--R would become --KR---R or R----RK- and would NOT be K---R--R or R---R--K. Outside of that I agree with potatonuts it's another Thunderhoof in disguise and is a little powercreeped, as listed 3ap to drag Max anywhere the on the board, Resistance Fire 3 pulls Thunderhoof out the 65 Nora range and you're giving the Nefari Rook Fire Eater base and Crushing Charge gives it the psuedo 7 Speed on turn one where it'll eventually gain that speed from Enchroached. As much as I'd like to see a chariot riding Nefari given what they already have what would serve as the horses?

4. junithorn

Good points, probably change siege and encroaged to something more about getting around than tanking, also perhaps castle should be more like 5 ap?

5. junithorn

Made some changes

6. Dwlr

Dwlr I need me some PIE!

They have precedent for pulling two champs close to each other in Grappling Hook so instead of making it a global relocation for Max what he really needs is the return of a Relocate: Demon effect and your ability could work like that on a discount if it only affects Max, but 4-5 spaces should probably be the max Relocate: Demon is Demon only and pulls 5 spaces at 2 ap. Pulling Maxxarek from your Shrine to the enemies Shrine in one turn especially with the option to go through champs doesn't raise any red flags to you? Another thing is why not a Bok or something higher up than a Nefari to be Max's herald as it were? It'd make more sense to me. I'd prolly change the name from Castle to something else, but that's just a personal preference as well.

Bottomline global relocation abilities = bad, Zeventrech, lost his too so the devs clearly don't want them, and going off the chess theme, "Castling" would be a modified Grappling Hook not a global relocation effect anyway, but one that affects 2x2s or even Max exclusively wouldn't be a bad thing exactly to give back his mobility.