New Campaigns with completion rewards

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Dwlr, Feb 24, 2015.

1. Dwlr

Dwlr I need me some PIE!

Since Skirmish rewards you with cards why not have campaigns that reward a specific limited edition card that is featured withing the campaign? Things like Ayla, Aria, Pyro etc could easily be cards that are featured in campaigns and be rewards upon completion of the entire series of campaigns. You could also divide the completions for Normal/Hard/Legendary with different card rewards letting the completion of harder difficulties reward all those from the easier difficulties. It'd give something for people to spend gold on again making these campaigns more expensive and buyable with both premium currency and a decent amount of gold like the old 150ks might net some income for people wanting the cards but not wanting to spend that much time getting the gold for it. Making the rewards non-tradeable would then keep them from flooding the marketplace with the expectation of large value like the 150ks were. As it stands the story campaigns lack incentive IMO and even simple recolors or sepia tone cards are popular simply because of the 'collector' value and 'prestige' using the Limited Edition versions over the standard counterparts and all.

Current cards that exist, but aren't used like the 121 nora colored Grimlic of K'thir could also be retrofitted as rewards for existing campaigns.

Djangoguy likes this.
  2. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

that would devalue all the lims and probably piss a lot of people off.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2015
  3. Dwlr

Dwlr I need me some PIE!

If you read I'm not suggesting using the current limiteds thus there is no devaluing. Runes LIKE Ayla, Aria, and Pyro not actually Ayla, Aria and Pyro. Runes that are limited in that they are limited rarity and exclusive to rewards meaning that you have to beat the campaign to obtain the card. Taking the Grimlic of K'thir example they only have the Sepia Tone Grimlic of K'thir, but for the first few campaigns of Grimlic's Descent there is a colored version of Grimlic of K'thir with 2-4 range that they could pass out after beating Grimlic's Descent, there is no devaluing because the rune doesn't exist additionally being non-tradeable like Ayla means they have no value anyway. If you're trying to imply releasing runes like that affects other runes value Ayla doesn't effect Aria's value so releasing new limiteds wouldn't affect existing value either.

Take the new campaign while they did release the Black Mindcaller there is no release of Barthanos, they could release him as a reward for beating the new campaign.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2015
  4. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

well then i like your idea!

5. Myrrh

Myrrh New Member

This would be cool. As a new-ish player I wouldn't be able to take advantage of such an addition but it'd be one more thing to work towards.

6. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

What about a new rarity, one easily rewarded to people?
    Limited means they are only able to be obtained for a limited time, and other rarities would be weird since they can be sharded.
    It could be called Treasure Edition or something.

7. Dwlr

Dwlr I need me some PIE!

Limited meant no such thing for quite some time and there doesn't need to be a new rarity when you can just use the properties of Limited to fill it since Limited can't be forged as is. The runes in the campaigns like Barthanos are already Limited rarity so even the current definition doesn't mean "available for a limited time" as some of the runes that are Limited simply aren't available at all. There is a precedent for Limited to simply be recolors or alt art adding a new rarity would needlessly add another rarity to sort by thus needlessly adding more work.

8. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

Sorting is one of my main reasons for wanting a new rarity for this.
    These runes wouldn't have much value, so I wouldn't want them together with the most valuable runes in the game.

9. Dwlr

Dwlr I need me some PIE!

Ayla has no value and is a Limited, sorting by marketplace value shouldn't be considered and I'm suggesting making them non-tradeable so it wouldn't affect marketplace searches anyway which is the only reason you might need to sort them by 'value'. There's no need to create extra work where it's not needing decreasing the likelihood of something happening.

10. Dwlr

Dwlr I need me some PIE!

A campaign rewarding a limited edition rune.

11. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

@Moles has said that the limited edition rewarded by finishing the new campaign isn't able to be traded.

12. Dwlr

Dwlr I need me some PIE!

My original post mentioned making them non-tradable.

"Making the rewards non-tradeable would then keep them from flooding the marketplace with the expectation of large value like the 150ks were."

13. Moles

Moles Administrator Octopi

That was exactly the idea - they are hard to get, collectibles that you can totally play in ranked and enjoy, but they won't be hoarded and abused by sharks :p

Plus, I wanted people to have to play the campaign to get the LE

14. Dwlr

Dwlr I need me some PIE!

What is the likelihood that 1. this continues 2. you address the unused runes already designed but are unobtainable and 3. if there is a chance that something is added retroactively to existing campaigns? (Things like the colored version of Grimlic of K'thir or Barthanos as mentioned in my original posts)

15. Moles

Moles Administrator Octopi

That is a big undertaking, but I know at some point we would love to do a review of existing campaigns, fixing bugs and improving them where possible.

This is a mammoth task though, so will likely only happen once we have completed higher priority issues.

soulmilk likes this.
  16. Dwlr

Dwlr I need me some PIE!

Of course time vs reward and all that, the question was more about whether it was in mind at all which seems it is.

Whether coincidence or not it's nice to see campaign incentives feels like not only the vocal players actually have a voice, which I'm aware is not really the case, but it's nice to have a reminder every once in awhile.

Moles likes this.
  17. Revengercm

Revengercm I need me some PIE!

I would like a campaign that costs about $20 dollar and gives you a untradeable harbinger of your choice. Depending on the faction your playing you will get the harbinger. Meh, I kind of regret trading pox renovator. LE are too much to work for.