New Game Mode

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Dalinski, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

added to crate or didn't happen.

SPiEkY likes this.
  2. Dalinski

Dalinski The King of Potatoes

I've always been pretty hopeful you might be able to influence something Sokolov. A new game mode resembling dungeoneering would be so much fun if done right, even a wee mini game to test the waters could be something to build on.

Elements that sound fun to me.....
    Exploring
    Finding loot
    Trap Challenges
    Simple quests
    Chained Quests
    Dungeon level/area themes
    Tools to challenge stealth players
    Tile activations (Secret Doors, hidden chests, puzzles)
    Terrain Interactions
    Deciding what party of champions to form

Loot...
    Spells
    Equipment
    Mercenaries (more champions)
    You might need to find nora to use the spells and equipment you find
    Gold maybe even Nora Shards
    Market Place items
    Health gain tiles
    Blessed tiles that produce a positive spell effect
    Game Abilities that are added to your a champion

3. Dalinski

I foresee people posting screen shots like this....

I'm on the 13th level, have this, this and this champion, they are on low health but I could use this spell I found to heal them some but then I wont have the nora to equip this or this equipment because I just opened a door with a room with a Marsh Gargantua and some sort of replicating machine that's spitting out Death Lily's and Bog Traps are erupting randomly across the cavern......I could back track and try my luck on a giving tree I found earlier ...... or maybe send my stealth Champion through and see if I can find a teleport node to bring the rest of my party through .....advice much appreciated!

4. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Clicked on this thread completely expecting another silly suggestion. To my pleasant surprise, it was actually awesome. I then thought to myself "yeah ok, but this would require a lot of work and I doubt DOG can dedicate manpower to it". Then I read Sok's comment, which at least brings it within the realm of distant possibility.

[​IMG]

5. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

notice how no one complained about splitting the playerbase.

6. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

wat.

Did I miss anything? I thought this was a mainly single-player suggestion?

7. gamengamenut

gamengamenut I need me some PIE!

Everyone loves the decks they made, which is primarily the reason why they made it in the first place.
    Well...this is how i essentially see this dungeon option going. (it's an excellent idea i love it)

Now, when the player selects the option to play the dungeon mode, he/she will choose one of their own/public decks to use in the dungeon (honestly using a random circus of cards probably messes up the experience as a whole, could be fun but essentially not feasible), upon which they select an exotic, legendary or hero rune to be their leader for the dungeon group along side 9 other runes from the selected deck.

Depending on which dungeon (these can be made later, would be cool if there are special dungeon mobs that can only be obtained from dungeon chests and what not be made) they would fight a line up of bosses from the dungeons theme. After every Encounter, the player will be able to "unlock" the use of two more cards from the deck from a random selection of three.After ten encounters, possiblity a mini bosses at encounters 5 and 9 which drop nora shards gold and what not, the final boss will be fought with the full 30 rune deck.

What differs is that there will be no shrine, the player will begin with their leader in a nora font, obviously that leader card will have buffed stats and will have the boss buff, causing loss upon death.Perma death for champions might be a thing, but another angle would be that the champions will start the next rounds on a long cd which is carried over the rest of the encounters.

Having nora points and deploying features will allow those cards which have effects based on those to not be rendered useless, also nora will be scarce and thus requires abit of planning for who to deploy

The final boss should be a 3x3 champion, with an army of the assigned theme mobs around and have a specific weakness which requires more than brute strength to win. Possibly runing a person if they used a BG which is unable to perform said task well.The difficulty should e rather high as the rewards will be worth it. and even if the player didnt manage to complete the dungeon the rewards from the previous two bosses will not leave the person empty handed after all that time.

Ofc there will be small rewards of gold and perhaps a core set card for the smaller encounters.( Final boss rewards could depend on completion time,no. of champs lost, bonus side quests along the way).

a sample first encounter might be:

Dungeon theme: Elsarin tombs

Mobs:
    2x broken bones
    1x bone mauler
    2x bone guard infantry
    1x tomb lord (encounter leader - death leads to victory,boosted stats,(extra abilites?))

Relics:
    1x graveyard

Spells:
    dark rising

Bonus for killing leader last: 80 gold(subject to change)

8. Dalinski

Great ideas, essentially the world is their (the developers) oyster as far as taking advantage of this theme is concerned.

9. gamengamenut

gamengamenut I need me some PIE!

It's really something like a campaign skirmish kind of thing, beats just slamming AI all the time. Similar to questing and getting increased rewards for completing side-quests and all that.

could even have optional bosses/ objectives (should be hard to accomplish like "destroy all grim wells before end of fight". with the grim wells all in dead magic zone (to prevent quick spell demolish and they are scattered around the corners of the map.

would love to see his implemented tho, adds a truck tonne of flavor to it all.