new IS follower

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by MaruXV, Mar 30, 2017.

1. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

no, i didnt abandon the temple of floof to convert to almara.
    i was talkin to a new player @Ivendar and suggested him to focus on a faction/theme to learn the game and he seems to be interested into dwarven/paladins. i'll give him some of my spares to help him but maybe you guys @Markoth @Cydna and other ironfist mains have something to share , be it runes or ideas for a newcomer.

aseryen and Ivendar like this.
  2. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

Welcome @Ivendar
    We have plenty of ideas here in the forum, and a few good ones also, but thats up to you to sort out i guess.
    Start with one theme that you will think is fun, i love dwarf, barbarian, holy so played those alot. starting to learn troll,constructs,leoss and the thing called "Meta" but not really there yet. gathering runes are easy, do the daily skirmish in launchpad with a deck that kick PvE easy, dont go full FF there just use whatever OP you find, and other deck for PvP.
    save gold, buy the avatar though, its cool and costs just 5k gold or so, if you want to use the gold, use it when you have 32K gold and buy Extended Box Set.
    Doing a few skirmish with an OP bg is a good way to get more and more runes, the ones you dont want, sacrifice them, use the shards and forge the runes you want.
    //Hiero

aseryen likes this.
  3. Ivendar

Ivendar The King of Potatoes

Yay, thanks for help and hello :)
    Played the game serveral years ago and now again sometimes but mostly used to Solo games :) Due to lack of cards I have a fully mixed BG for solo, but most of my cards are Ironfist, so I guess that's a start. Right now I was trying to get deck better for those legendary solo quests, was able to manage a few but can't say I was too good at. Quite a few have been running away mostly. Takes tons of time to finish such battles of course. :D But I already like Paladins/Healers and basically stuff that I can build up like Fury or summons and just try to earn gold and do those quests.. Would be cool if someone can tell me some good units with jab ability btw. as I need such for the bigger quest and it seems I don't have a single unit with that ability.

Also I think no need to give away much as real pvp players could need it more. I'm more into pve right now, but sometimes a match should be fun. Is there any pve for more than one player as well btw. ? I like teamplay the most. :)

aseryen and MaruXV like this.
  4. Ivendar

Thanks for welcome Hiero :) Yeah already trying to get more gold earned. So those Extended Box Sets do have the best cards or those I cannot earn while playing ? Already have one Avatar, but that's the one for the Undead. Basically I'm fine to play any faction, just looking out for what is good for legendary and daily quests right now.

5. Hierokliff

Extended boxes have the midset of cards, basic has the first set of cards and the last one you need to trade or buy with cash. wouldnt say they are best, they give more shards if you dont want the cards .-)
    The basic cards are gettable by just doing skirmish games, ive got a bg that i use to clear it, dont really need to pay attention to those games, it uses ethereal pool+tinkers so just deploy them, wait 8-10turns and ive won. very boring, very fast way to do the daily quests or just farm a few cards while reading the forum. I did start make one for each faction to get all type of cards, you get the cards for the faction that you have most of. atm iam in average 19shards per game, so 42 games = any legendary rune in the game.

about jab, try look for Psychic Jab units in FS/UD, or wait, cant find any that has it anymore
    to search for abilities, this site is the one thats updated, its a bit ugly but useful :)
    http://s-qpoxdb.rhcloud.com/abilities/

PvE is fun, playing a few training games in PvP is also alot of fun

6. Ivendar

Ok will try to look for those. Thanks for infos. :)
    Woah 8-10 turns. Nice. Iam more like at 30+ turns.

7. Ivendar

But how do you earn 19 shards/game on average ? For me cards in Rune Forge only give like 2-4 shards if I would sacrifice and you only get 1 card/game ? I'm missing something here I guess. ^^

8. Hierokliff

legendary 150 shards (~2% chance)
    exotic cards gives 100shards (~8% chance of getting it)
    rare 20shards (~23% chance)
    uncommon 4shards (33%)
    common 2 shards (33%)
    hmm my average was down to 17 now, so i lied above, sorry :)

After a while you will have enough exotic of the ones that are rewarded and just sacrifice them
    There are rumour/talk about not using the same BG/faction over and over because of diminishing returns lowers the chance of getting higher rated cards.

remember the goal is to defeat the enemy shrine in skirmish games :) there are a few threads around in the forum on tip on how to do that very fast

aseryen likes this.
  9. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

usually solitary garu rush/ethereal pool are the fastest way

10. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Welcome bud ! PM in game... I am a masterclass deck builder and trash player, I'll give you some help and what not too.

p.s. WHY DOESNT Ironfist HAVE PHYSICAL JAB!!!?!?!?!?

aseryen likes this.
  11. Ivendar

Someone got any Hints to beat Laethera in Maljaran Frontier Part 1 maybe ? Managed to bring her down to 28hp on around turn 40 but then dead cause in the end either my shrine get killed or heroes. With so many champions attacking the 50% damage reduction close to her, and another 75% damage reduction after first hit, together with those healings she seems to be like impossible with standard cards. So any guide for that with a normal BG ? -.- Tried hallowed ground, Euan, Healings and as said lasted long but can't beat her in the end. Mana is also rare cause at start I cannot reach the Font having that many enemies in front of me.

12. Hierokliff

She has majestic 2, so you want range 3+ units and then they should be magical damage so after first hit she takes full damage. any unit with battle leader will help alot since all other troops get +1dmg and heals 4 when you kill of minions. equipment medal of valor, bastion the avenger, euan, crusaders, we got a bunch of them.
    blessing of al'mara makes your troop get hunter:walker if they are paladin/priests and the supertroops we get all of them are. macadamize and then healers.

not sure if i have actually done this before, here is my test bg, might need 2 impervios and a ironfist paladin for massive heals though camp-Maljaran.JPG

13. Hierokliff

Worked nicely, no need for the DMC, another granite bracers had been nice and writ of al'mara should be used instead of holy blade of valdac.
    maybe 2x might of ironfist since they make Magnus hit crazy hard. 2x terraformers was a waste of space, should switch them for ironfist inqusitors/angel of protection/impervios spells
    but medal of valor+battleleader made it work, 40+dmg Magnus and zedin cleans up nice.
    righteous deflection/granite bracers made Laethera go into ghost form after her first attack, so she didnt do much damage after ive figured out that.
    so maybe a melee unit (master axeman/weaponsmith) with block+granite bracers

14. Ivendar

Yeah I tried serveral times with the standard Ironfist Inquisition Deck and heals but that wasn't working. ^^ But finally managed to beat it with the Snow Pack thanks to the heal to 50% of max hp. ^^
    But my own deck gets better, thanks again Maru for help. :)

15. Ivendar

So someone up for some Standard PVP games in a bit ? Need to get that 40 games done. -.- Is there any way to add friends ingame btw. ? I sometimes just get invitations to groups from people I don't know right now but have not seen any friends option or the like yet.

16. Hierokliff

/friends add <name>
    /?
    yeah those annoying group invetations, add those people to your ignore list and you get rid of that annoying spam.
    /ignore add BIGGA340
    Best way is to be in an active guild, atm iam in a almost dead guild, but been there for so long i rather stop play then change :)
    just crush some ppl in ranked pvp and those 40 games goes fast?

17. Ivendar

Not really crushing people as I'm still far away from really good deck. ^^ One of last games I got crushed by some vampire deck and relics. The one letting you loose all AP if going 3 spaces next to it. Also Serkan, Lamia and such while I had Talgar, Dwarven King, Amethyst Wing and the like. But no chance with every enemy life siphon and the teleporting Lich. Also Lamia shrink Aura + Unholy Tomb for him so more mana while I had 2/3 Shrines for a turn or two, there was no real advantage. Also confusingly Talgar died in my round after I crushed that pool with another unit and attacked the vampire while he had full health, don't know what that was. Some kid of melee vampire with whirlwind attack. When he was attacking before it was like 20 damage so my hero should not have died, especially not in my round. Oh yeah and he also had the vampire relic I think so recreate them..

MaruXV likes this.
  18. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

dont lose patience, keep losing and try ask where you made mistakes. most players will try to help. also spectate other players'matchets. when you play you have to hurry but when spectate you can focus on moves

19. Hierokliff

There are a few units that when they die they take the enemy nearest with them in death or the attacking champ, if you see those try to get them killed by spells or relics. celestial spear is great in doing the last 8pts of damage for all units near.
    Eroding winds is an amazing spell vs FW, but cant really fit 2 in my BG's just to destroy all the annoying relics they put down in their fonts/DMZ. its very fun if they play somekind of worm deck and increase their DMZ for each deployment, then you do global damage with that spell.
    about FW i do almost always lose against them, they are so powerful compaired to IS. (same with SL and ST, those 3 factions are just better.)

If you can get your hands on bastion the avenger or zedin, you will put Talgar and dwarf king in the resting place for old old old farts. Now dwarf are fun, but barbarians are just better :)
    Northren cross priestess is amazing on dealing with enemy relics, and she can do alot of damage on her own if using cleansing flame,drop celestial spear then attack.
    using medal of valor is a must, allthough it will be nerfed into crap "soon", put it on a pureblood plainswalker and finish of the enemies with it. pureblood plainswalker is probably our best champ when you learn how to use its true nature ability, it is very powerful.

if you really like dwarfs, dwarven sergeant/battle matron can really help
    semmirian Noble and northren cross cardinal are also great, just not that fun though.
    ironfist minister helps alot for its cheap 69nora
    elemental warstaff for 56nora, IS dont have much more effecient runes then that one
    dwarven beermaiden, her brew are very good with regen2 for all your units. and if its dwarf/brute and you need a cleanse, use her shatter and give them a new brew.
    try to find players Oxkill or concealedweapon when they play for dwarfs

if you hate that your enemy keeps healing, find a holy blade of valdac and put it on any paladin and they cant heal for 8 turns unless they find cleanse. it is very very nice vs SL where everything regens.

20. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Nah. Dwarves are super solid atm. Barbs are great too.

Edit: If you want to play Paladins then click on the dwarf in my signiture.

aseryen likes this.