New Legendary: Elsari Tomb Raider

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by kalasle, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

See, but this is where I disagree. Maybe I used the word "high risk" and it got lost in translation.
    Lets say, Lonx Bounty Hunter: great champ, very versatile, has a very good damaging ability (Bounty Hunter), mobile and with interesting upgrades. And it comes at the price tag of 68 nora. At first, one would say: "wow, this champ is so good, x2 auto and Im gonna deploy it every chance I have"!
    This is not how it goes for a player with a good eye, though, because you know that eventually this unit will start to bite you in the butt. Thats what I meant by "high risk", but I think I should have said "its a rune that requires careful thinking when deployed", and why I think the 4 nora clause is cool.

2. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Ok, I can see more what you're saying. I disagree on that making for a more interesting or better (designed) champ, but that's fine. Maybe this could be spun off into its own Merc thread.

Pedeguerra likes this.
  3. Mausini

Mausini I need me some PIE!

Mercenary is a Fine ability...
    ... on something like a Bile Zombie.

On every other champ it's a hide cost increase, except you are dumb enough to let it be killed in the first 3 rounds.

I would like to see merc on snowballing champs. They tend to be weak in the first few rounds and grow stronger and stronger and you need to pay some Nora for that.

4. Sean5056

Sean5056 I need me some PIE!

Make him an undead vampire please

5. Sean5056

Sean5056 I need me some PIE!

Just make shrine take damage if you dont have the nora

6. SkeletonKing

SkeletonKing The King of Potatoes

This is funny because he just got made into an Undead Vampyre.
    C'mon man, you gotta keep up with the times!
    You're already like 20 minutes behind.

The quick little patch happened and then...

*Poof!*

Suddenly we have a champion worth experimenting with. :D

Life Siphon on a Sub-70 Nora ranged champion is gonna be fun to mess around with.
    In the future when Vampyres become a thing, he may want Life Siphon and Snatch separated to give Vampyres a Shatter option (without losing that Vampiric healing)

7. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Vamps lack solid ranged too, so this'll help.

I would actually consider running him 1x with Hunter: Meek here and 1x with Life Siphon, in case you run into anti-healing potential or summoned spam.

8. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

he looks pretty swell now

9. D4rkSteel

D4rkSteel I need me some PIE!

The only problem I have with vamps atm is that often the abilities bleed and life siphon are on the seem upgrade path while I need both. Im not sure if this is an issue for other people but I think its kinda frustrating.

10. ghklf

ghklf I need me some PIE!

finally....a lot better ty devs.

11. SkeletonKing

Yep. I'd like to be able to have both too. Vampyric Healing + Drinking Blood = what a Vampyre should be.
    But that's probably worthy of it's own separate topic.

12. Sokolov

That's a general Pox problem, but afflicts Vampyres specifically...

Because you have:
    • Basic Attack
    • Boon
    • Life Siphon
    • Bleed
    If you start with this on a Vampyre, you already have a bunch of abilities... this is a case where racial/themes might help, for example, if there was a "Vampyre Lord" ability that gives Vampyres Life Siphon, or Bleed if they already have it. I am not saying I am doing this, it's just an example of how we can get around the stacking of abilities on a single unit. But it would also mean that the Vampyre Lord ability is pretty costly, so... yea. It could also be a Relic too.

13. SkeletonKing

Boon needs to die. It screws everything up. :p

Sirius likes this.
  14. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Okay well Blood count, Defiler Knight, Lamia, Obsidian Venger were all OP as Firk before revamp so im sure you can stop crying about the legs we got on release

Again Aspect of death was kinda destroying the game upon release, pre revamp bonewing was an absolute monstrosity of OPness, dark apprentice is what it is it's a very old rune deal with it, same as spectral emissary

15. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Actually for the vampyre theme I was hoping that they would get Siphon: Bloody as their base ability then select vampires would get bleed/blood magic/blood tracker ect.

This would make them cheaper (siphon: Scoured is what 4 nora?) and focus the theme more on bleed/blood balls where it should be and less on just healing off of attacks.

16. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

What about Sustain: life siphon for this hypothetical "vampire lord"?

17. ghklf

It was OP when the Boost gave +1 spd, but after the change of Boost, it was weak compared to other LEGs. It is only runnable in the skeleton theme.

Look at what they have done to them. They made them completely worthless except Obsidian Venger.

No one here is asking for OP champions, we just need them to be runnable especially for those LEGs and Exos otherwise why would I pay for useless runes any way?

Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
  18. ghklf

The change for it is really needed, but not to remove it completely.

19. Ujelly

Ujelly I need me some PIE!

@Sokolov
    Thanks for responding to the community. Just spent 200$ on pox. Love the quick responses and high respect level for the customers and playerbase. Very appreciated.

20. Sokolov

I know players aren't always going to agree with what I do, but my goal IS to make an enjoyable game :)

Joker, jigz2009 and SkeletonKing like this.