New patcherino Kneejerkerino (lol sandstorm edition)

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by DrSteve, Sep 9, 2015.

1. DrSteve

DrSteve I need me some PIE!

So what's everyone's initial reaction to the new patch? First thing that jumps out at me is that sandstorm didn't get a + 5 cost bump with the new damage buff so it's now absurdly efficient with manticores out. AoE 4 7 damage plus a significant for 25 nora is insane I think. New sandblasted is weird though, it says -3 dmg not stacking in the patch notes in one area with no mention of inexperienced, but then the spells description makes no mention of -dmg but explicitly states it gains inexperienced. I'll have to test it.

Eminent with groundstriker is interesting, although the range change with empowered range hurts.

Torien is slightly better, still don't feel like paying 77 nora for a 40 hp champ though.

Don't like dragons so I don't have much of an opinion on those changes.

Edit: according to sok the sandstorm change didn't make it into the patch. Probably a good thing because it definitely needs a nora hike at 7 dmg.

2. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Eminent is messy as firk, not sure wtf to think of him now. Groundstriker is interesting and Cull seems random, Dragons werent doing the AP denial thing.

Acidcraw is interesting with Encouraged and Swoop.

Agitator is meh after looking at him again. Expensive 2-4 range dude. Call to Arms is probably only reason to run him.

Ardent buff wont be enough to make me run him at 77 nora when Paradigm does pretty much same job for 69 nora and has Attack: Magical instead of Physcial.

Draksar Archer got buffed though, thats nice. Definitely worth a slot in Draksar now.

Wyrmpriest seems to have got a -2 nora reduction for some reason.

Demonic Sandclaw is cheaper now Empowered: Speed has been nerfed.

First things i noticed so far.

3. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

The new Eminent looks interesting but it's a pitty that Eminent lost Rebuke, it was unique, just really expensive on that champ but as Anima sayd, the dragons weren't the ones with the AP denial thing.

*Ardent is not worth it, never was and never will.
    *Archer is not worth it, it will never be again.

I would like Rebuke to be on draksars on the future as part of their AP denial thing(on base or as part of an item/relic) and Sundered Exploit on Dragons because they have a lot of DoTs to work with(as a Grant: Sundered Exploit).
    And "Death Sentence" could work really well with dragons too.

I picture an item that would say "Equipped friendly dragon gains Sundered Exploit and the closest friendly champ gains "Death Sentence"", so a combo attack with both champs would do bonus dmg if the target is DoTed.
    Hey @Sokolov this is my best idea yet, it could even be the "Poison Fang" rework we have all been waiting for! could be named to "Volatile Poison Fang" and with the new description and all!

SL equip:
    *Volatile Poison Fang*
    Description: "It's common for dragon's saliva to react violently to other substances, this is a hunting mechanism, if one dragon already bit the prey then the second bite is lethal. - Szenz, Draksar Alchemist"
    Nora:?
    Volatile Poison Fang: Equipped friendly dragon gains Sundered Exploit and the closest friendly Dragonkin gains Death Sentence. This equip is destroyed after X turns if there aren't any enemy units within 5spaces.

4. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

It actually did make it apparently, I was told later. With the change to Sandblasted tho I think we'll leave it at 35 nora and see.

5. ormen

ormen The King of Potatoes

Bane Shift just got real.
    cull.png

6. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

We need @Jib for these

Sirius likes this.
  7. Sokolov

It's really not the same without him :(

Qucas and Sirius like this.
  8. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Sandblasted got a pretty heavy nerf. -1 more dmg but no inexperienced and still no longer stacks.

Drakewing swarm cost 70 nora. Darkwing swarm cost 71 nora. Racist.

Anima26, Qucas and BurnPyro like this.
  9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

game's falling apart

10. fattyy2k

fattyy2k I need me some PIE!

i think that due to the loss of nexperienced (still mad at you Sok) i think 35 is ok.

11. fattyy2k

Also think fallen draksar worth anything to SL?

12. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

I am quite saddened by this. The loss of inexperienced is a sizable blow to the ability, and you couldn't untangle the bug, ok, but as compensation it simply gets -1 additional dmg, does not feel commiserate with what was lost especially as the bug was brought about due to nerfing it so it couldn't stack.

Anima26 and BurnPyro like this.
  13. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

56 nora Draksar with Shatter and Violent? Sure.

14. fattyy2k

so good in draksar deck

15. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Guys, we can't have a balanced game where Sandstorm is a T1 spell.

What's wrong with you?

RIP Sandblasted, can't make heads or tails about anything else.

BurnPyro likes this.
  16. Sokolov

DUCK TAILS, WOOOoOoOOoO

fattyy2k likes this.
  17. ormen

ormen The King of Potatoes

ok dragons,

acidcraw might be decent alternative/compliment to rumblers
    agitator, i like multi attack but the call to arms is probably 10x better for nora
    dat comroderie thing though ^
    cull is good but groundstriker with aerial supremacy wooo more hunter style amps

draksar,

archer farshot 1 67 nora idc im running 2
    edit: make sandblasted stack so it is still rewarding

18. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

I think SL got the worst out of the patch. Sand got a nerf and draksar got pretty weak buffs. draksar archer is still weak, torien is still bad and 2-4 range 40 hp, dreadnought still has no survivability and has sandbags, draksar rocketeer still has ammunition, and most of the ranged draksars are still bad.

Patch was pretty amazing for the non SL factions though.

19. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

don't change that it's garbage now