nora cost tiers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by calisk, Jun 26, 2017.

1. nepyonisdead

nepyonisdead I need me some PIE!

sorry mate but u are wrong on multiple fronts,

1. Elven mage in ff KF is far better than shard master or ice caster considering he can tp and hit and is just a fast unit and very efficient.
    2. Menalaus and Thirion are as efficient as they come and in my opinion are better than gnark for example or azaren but you could argue juya is better (I doubt that) also auror inspector and all the ap he gens makes him an amazing ranged unit
    3. equip wise ST are better with furry hat and providence i agree
    4. Relic wise, throne of the circle alone is huge, the trap that lowers speed by 4 is another and the bloom is ofc very good, on the ST side we have the harlberd but the shard is fairly inefficient considering you can just seism it.
    5. faes... you are missing the most important and worst one to face, the fae with the one with nora and magic acolyte. If you think extinguisher is hard to kill you are about to be surprised. fae guard is also an amazing tank with bodyguard but lets ignore it because its not magic dmg.

KF has better spells especially with natures wrath and the Exotic one, and champ wise the inspector is prolly one of the better 1v1s out there.

Overall frost amp is probably currently better but if you were to come up vs an ethereal bg or a spirit of the mountain , you are left defenseless. Lastly frost amp is better by merit of the efficient of yeti spirits and extinguishers but KF amp is equally good and has decent answers to spirit of the mountain ( and while this may not be an issue now you will see next expansion that it will be)

2. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

elven mage? was mostly thinking mena, investigator, de'lim, starlight sylph, bow mage, and as well as elven mage.

for defensive support options I meant protection, escape magic, inhibit power, essentially any non-champ rune that isn't rune with the sole purpose of killing something.

as for not running any hero in kf, I can see having that opinion in a meta kf deck, but in an amp deck I don't see why you wouldn't run d'elim, mena is a bit iffy due to cost but he's powerful enough to be worth the cost, regardless as you stated was mostly that they have heroes that can be run in the deck an can do well within the theme.

relics in kf are great font contestors with plenty of utility at a good nora cost, and of course throne, nobody can deny the usefulness of halbred but there's not much else to compete with kf's list of relics i'm not even sure why you would bring up ice dragon statue it's a near impossible to get relic at this point that's really not even that good.

equips are about even, I was weighting quite a bit on horn's utility and the low cost of fern, and the odd shimmering flowers ability to shut down many of the meta threats, but st has some comparable stuff in amp for sure.

their are some good fae wisp, starlight, conclave warden, corgi ranger, enchantress all fine, i wouldn't make a fae theme but there's enough magic fae to splash a few into amp, and wisp is insanely good.

3. calisk

forgot about fae guard, tehir are some solid tanks in magic amp as well now that i think about it with wisp and fae guard, and enforcer of the circle.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
  4. calisk

I was also including things like magic beam in the aoe's category since that comes on inspector one of my favorite units in magic amp, but aside from that was thinking stellar horizon and natures wrath.

5. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

One I did not talk about amp. The subject was acolyte. Acolyte in ST is on par with UD with a slight advantage to ST for ST has healing support. KF champs that have magic eater with magic acolyte and magic novas combined have a far better use of the ability. SL has the benefit of Regen plus acolyte, acolyte in KF will still out perform SL for SL does not have a lot of acid eaters taking advantage of acid storm or novas. My whole point is that acolyte in ST is not overpowering. Like you said it was unfair that a ST champ could fully heal in one round. IT is ok for a KF champ to fully heal in one round. An example wisp needs to be one rounded. Jakei Extinguisher does not need to be one rounded due to acolyte.

Two I did not say that the Acolyte cap needs to be taken off, it just needs a bump up if direct healing were taken away from ST due to this is part of ST faction signature or flavor, instead of an acolyte bump healing by Ice eater could be buffed a bit instead. Similar to FW. Healing is done by life siphons in general. FW does not have to dedicate a healer to heal, they attack and heal quite efficiently in return the faction does not have access to AOE spells and weaker AOEs until of late they got one AOE spell.

6. zorbot

zorbot The King of Potatoes

Mena sucks, Investigator is good, de'lim is good, sylph is garbage, and bow mage is also trash.
    Protection is a bad spell unless you are against a deck with only one damage source which rarely happens. Escape Magic is good. I know Tiny ran inhibit power but I think it's hot garbage.

De'lim is solid. I would definitely run it but I wouldn't run Menalaus. His cost is just too high and you need all the nora you can get so you can actually deploy the relics and champs that make the bg work in the first place.

Corgi Ranger is about as efficient a champ as you can find in KF so it's definitely worth running in most bgs. Wisp is solid but starlight, warden and enchantress are all pretty bad.

Some other people made some points about spells but I don't know if anyone in the community would choose another faction's spells over ST spells. I'll leave that point at that.

Trying to get back to the efficiency point of the thread there is something to be said about having a faction bonus that is basically another aoe worth of hp on your champs.

7. sirvile

sirvile The King of Potatoes

It'd be helpful in that we'd avoid missing a rune cost by like 1 point (Shoot me), and it'd help my rampant ocd from consuming my mind and turning me into a fat neckbeard hulk.

On the other hand, they'd rack up the point difference when upgrading units and having a difference of 5 points between champs regardless of whether they're actually worth another 5 points may be a bit annoying.