Not Good

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by Nite2kill, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Nite2kill

Nite2kill I need me some PIE!

Coragh lost ini and at best 100 nora
    Frostvein lost Blockade

2. Joker

Joker I need me some PIE!

stitched first lost heal
    wretched witch lost wicked aura
    bonewing lost flanking and dread

we could stay here all day...

3. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

My first impresdion is: FW collection for sale.
    Serkan gutted, Witches gutted even further from meta than they where, Spirits to messed up for words.

LoganMkv likes this.
  4. Joker

Constructs on the other hand...

5. thunderrr123

thunderrr123 The King of Potatoes

This exactly. Serkan feed bg are dead, zombies are meh, spirits dead, witches dead... Skeletons are viable but will boring as hell and vamps: NO.
    Serkan 6 spd, seriously?
    And what about the insane nora cost crank, that renders the FW bonus useless. Where are the magical 64s? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

thread/

6. Joker

Creepers are even worse than they were LOL

7. Nyanta

Nyanta I need me some PIE!

i thought part of the revamp was to encourage themes not nuke them

8. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

Guys, guys, seriously, do we need to have this discussion? Everything got worse because the revamp was intended to nerf everything. SURPRISE! Otherwise, we would see the same old poxnora, with the same problems, but with different names and ability configuration.

I'm not entirely happy with the changes, problem is, I'm not sure how the themes will perform against each other, and even then, I think there is room for suggestions and improvements (or further nerfs for culprits), so I think we need to test the game for quite a couple days before coming with these knee jerk reactions. I, for one, am happy with the rip witch, as she keep deep wounds, piercing shoot and elsarin coven for a more reasonable 73n. Fleshweaver got obliterated and is only a witch in name, which made sense because she was a zombie crutch rather than a witch champion (I always preferred the forsaken follower for healing purposes), so I can stop pretending and remove her.

And I could keep going on.

Seriously, give the game a try. I feel this is closer to Pox Nora 2.0 (and an entire new game) than anything else.

TheNidhogg and SPiEkY like this.
  9. Nite2kill

They are hard changes to a limited -nora generating , hard to keep font, limited offensive spells, expensive champ faction - with your top 5 champs at 100 and above nora and the lower champs loosing or having the best upgrades grouped together and choose 1 is a shock to the system.

Undead magister going from 50 to 85 nora and keeping its same HP,DMG,Speed and Range
    where was the FW advocate when this was being planed

10. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

I've been pessimistic for all this time, but devs managed to do it far worse than I could have ever expected.
    All fun things (not only in FW, but FW had most fun and synergetic things than any other faction) were reduced to pure crap, basic attack ftw.

11. Shimaru

Have you ever considered that maybe, just maybe, perhaps, in a bizarre strange world, this actually means we will see a new meta? What if, just think about, the staples of the old school, like Serkan and cia are no longer meta, but shoebox crap is now the rule, like the rip witch or abomination?

Remember ALL meta was nerfed, not just FW, don't you think maybe the shoebox Serkan is almost as good or better than what other factions can offer?

12. XFurionsX

XFurionsX I need me some PIE!

Nu uh, i just saw a tortun favored with 8 abilities and 74 nora, explain that, liches are stupidly high cost atm, zombies OMG ZOMBIES my fav thing, fairy lost swarm, our only rng swarm, i just hope they fix this, and this is just a nightmare that im having.

13. Shimaru

So, in order to keep crying, are we making up things?

Tortun favoured cost 76n, so whoever you saw, picked a more expensive build. Even then, said champion only have 6 abilities, not 7 or 8, only 6 abilities, which include ponderous. If anything, you saw amphibious, which is granted by tortun shell, so both are conditional abilities, and there is plenty of examples like that.

14. XFurionsX

XFurionsX I need me some PIE!

So for ponderous it has -40 nora against a lich king? dosnt make any sense.

15. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Yes, everything got nerfed, but it doesn't mean things has to be boring/generic. But, I would point out that slashing everything the way it's been done was the hard part. It should now be fairly easy to spruce up some champs, in particular for themes, without powercreeping much.

16. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

We also got used to champs that did multiple things, and what I am seeing is most many champs have ONE role now - so that might be part of what feels lacking as well.

newsbuff likes this.
  17. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

People please, you're obviously missing the most important part of the revamp: Broken Bones now has Flanking! That alone is more than enough reason to stick around.

Along those same lines, Death Benefit decks might make a comeback, with cheap/efficient being the go-to for pretty much every faction now. And what faction does cheap/efficient better than FW?????

Woffleet likes this.
  18. Nite2kill

No.

19. Nite2kill

Ok can we have Frosty the Witch blockade back and let that be her ONE role

20. Shimaru

The tortun doesn't have teleport, oblivion shield and range 6-8.

RedScarlet likes this.