Pages load forever

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dragonistear, Mar 8, 2014.

1. dragonistear

dragonistear I need me some PIE!

Is it just me, or can their server not handle requests from that many people?

Pages are loading for 3+ minutes and then only part of a page loads up.

2. thunderrr123

thunderrr123 The King of Potatoes

Yup, the mongol hoards are flooding the site!

3. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Got the same problems. The following error message keeps popping up whenever I try to load any page on the website:

Service Temporarily Unavailable
    The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

4. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

Servers are being flooded, not only requests, but things such as packs, purchases, rune forge, + verification and import all are going on.

So yeah, might be best to wait it out a bit until everyone transfers through, or at least the first wave =P

5. haiden

haiden Member

i cant play the game i downloaded the new one ,can u guyz play? and yes its anooying how much time it takes to load...

6. KTCAOP

There are 100 of us that are in the client right now.

Screen Shot 2014-03-08 at 3.18.24 PM.png

7. dragonistear

meh that kinda sucks... I thought the player base isn't even over 1000 players?
    would have thought their servers could handle that... guess I'll just be patient and wait another few hours when people start logging off.

8. thunderrr123

thunderrr123 The King of Potatoes

Dude! We need to do that duel commentary you talked about. The final match in the tourney will be easy to organize instead of just playing whenever, so we can both be on for an awesome commentary!
    Also, this message is coming up for me too, guess we broke the internet...

9. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

No rank reset makes me sad.
    This was the perfect time to do it.

10. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Heh, I had almost forgotten about that! Hit me up whenever you're ready, and I'll clear my schedule.

thunderrr123 likes this.
  11. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

So no real change from the usual then :p

12. KTCAOP

It's going up, and quite a few people can't log in due to the website being broken. But yeah =P.

13. Cortices

Cortices Administrator Octopi

Sorry about some of issues you're experiencing. We're tweaking things on the server. We hope to have it all running more smoothly very soon.

Tarathil likes this.
  14. Pico

Pico I need me some PIE!

They said in game they would do it soon, they just wanted to get the game up asap.

Pedeguerra likes this.
  15. spe720

spe720 The King of Potatoes

That was my first thought when I saw the picture. :/
    But hurray it's alive!

16. Cortices

Cortices Administrator Octopi

It's not so much about what we can handle now. Until we launched, we could really only speculate about how many users we would see and what server settings would be good enough. Additionally, this is code we haven't run in a live environment for many years and a lot has changed. You'd be surprised how one little thing can impact the performance of the entire system. We're currently tweaking everything to find a sweet spot. Obviously that's a work in progress but we're getting there.

More long term we have many options for scaling the game. We can bring additional servers online to distribute the load. There's a lot of room for optimization in the code itself. We can also add more CPU and memory to the servers we have. More aggressively cache data. Etc, etc. It's also important not to draw too many conclusions from the first couple of hours of the game's launch for all the reasons above and simply because it's an abnormal traffic pattern. Everyone's trying to get in the same few minutes, instead of spread over an entire day.

Either way, it's our responsibility and we apologize for the inconvenience. Believe we're working hard to fix it.

Thanks for your patience!

17. dragonistear

Mhm, and it looks like its fine now so whatever you tweaked, its working pretty well.
    YAY!