Paingel with phisical attack range 1 and Stab

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by Styrwirld, Jul 8, 2014.

1. Styrwirld

Styrwirld The King of Potatoes

It is me that Im missing something or the Stab ability is just worthless now that the angel doesnt do magic damage?

2. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

It does not count as a basic attack, so it doesn't activate defensive abilities that only activate through basic attacks. (Like One with Nora and such)

3. SirGil

SirGil New Member

What I want to know is why she was changed to physical attack in the first place. I'm honestly baffled by whoever thought that was the right idea.

4. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

UD didn't have enough physical damage? (I too prefer magical damage on it)

5. Styrwirld

Yea that sucks

6. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

I'd like to call your attention to my beautifully designed signature, courtesy of Biscassy. All your questions will be answered.

Stab doesn't proc Split.

soulmilk likes this.
  7. allyorbase

allyorbase I need me some PIE!

Overall, that's a stretch, though. Okay, sure, great, Stab doesn't proc Split or One with Nora, but is anyone taking Stab over Bleed or Supremacy?

Why does Stab have a CD of 2 in a game where Power Attack 3 and Scythe Whirl have a CD 0? That's another question we should all be asking.

8. Legato

Legato I need me some PIE!

Because Stab was designed, costed and planned to be CD: 2? Ranged runes get it, it's like asking why a melee with arrowshot doesn't have arrowshot @ CD: 0.

The angels were made a bit more distinct now, but I always saw them as Magical Attack units. LoL on FW angel is a significant power increase, but thematic. Changing the damage type on Paingel is just a nerf that had nothing to do with thematics but probably some QQ from council, oh well -- I get the utility, but with the damage type change it's just adding further insult to injury.

9. Styrwirld

Yea, now magical attack on UD is even more limited.....

10. allyorbase

allyorbase I need me some PIE!

1. Arrowshot is much more powerful than Stab. It provides explosive flexibility to a rune built around melee engagement. Stab, on the other hand, is a stopgap against melee units that try to close in. It's a more defensive ability than Arrow Shot, less threatening -- and so it is less strategically valuable.
    2. I was more implying that Stab could be CD: 1, using Scythe Whirl's ridiculously spammable CD simply for comparison.