Patch Thoughts

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Markoth, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Anything jump out at you? Exemplar is looking mighty tempting at 69 nora for Call to Arms and Barrage 1.

Sirius likes this.
  2. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Armorer at sub-50 nora (again) is great for Dwarves.

Whitestone Garg is worth considering now. lol @ Weighty to drop its cost, nice touch IMO.

Not sure what changed about Instill Panic; effect looks the same as it always was.

Random Morin's Corner nerf..............+15 nora wat.

Rest is mostly just minor cost changes, but D. King looks to be shoebox now, sadly.

3. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Indeed it will be interesting to see if people latch onto Gargoyle. Lumbering is no longer bypassed by flying. He is still kind of expensive for what it does. Partly because of how expensive the abilities are.

4. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Really? The description of Flying still says it ignores the effects of Lumbering.

5. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

At least that is what @Sokolov told me. The description may just be outdated.

Note: The outdated part is the description of the Flying condition and not the Flying ability.

6. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Gargoyle looking very strong at his 66n build (or 64, not sure if Blackstone or whitestone has their cost wrong).

Saying that, I would still probably run it with prep because I freaking love that ability.

7. Tweek516

Not so random, it was insanely OP.

35n is probably right for this relic, I'd still run it.

Sirius likes this.
  8. Asidra

Asidra Well-Known Member

Firk...Ive been back 3 days and I already got the Ironfist Minister nerfed! 2x in my BG - love that guy.

9. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

How do you get him that low? Roar/Resist is 74/76 (This should be fixed soonish. They are usually pretty quick about fixing these)

Dude has been my favorite rune forever. He keeps getting hit by collateral nerfs but keeps on chuggin.

10. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Gonna try out Gargoyle in my flying BG with Revere and Calcify.

Sirius likes this.
  11. Tweek516

Deep, read the -1 as -11. Still great.

12. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

I know it's an last patch change but flying not bypassing lumbering is the most F**ktarded change sok implemented. It shoeboxed every struct with lumbering and nearly shoeboxed blessing of almara. The gargoyles won't see play due to weighty (it doesn't give enough discount compared to lethargic) plus first turn font grabbing issues. As is it's nearly also reshoeboxed the dwarfdriven structs also.

In comparison all the treefolk stuff wasn't affected cuz their flight enabling stuff was modified to remove the negative lumbering inducing abilities.

flador likes this.
  13. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

You have a Flying bg? Please share! I've been playing Flying for quite a while now and I'm curious to know how others are running the theme. Especially since I know mine is probably a weirder variation.

14. Tweek516

Think I've seen it, i think it's actually really nice

It's an IS/ST split to use griffins and the natural flying things ST has.

15. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

That's what I use too, but I'd still very much like to see his version.

16. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Posted a thread in the IS forums

Sirius likes this.
  17. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

While I agree with some points, Gargoyle is at last playable now. In regards to your weighty/lethargic argument you are correct, and Sok wanted to get rid of lethargic and merge it with Weighty, I just managed to talk him out of it as it would have shoeboxed RR, Megalith etc. Weighty on a range champ really isn't that terrible though and it makes sense thematically.

Having said that instead of changing flying to bypass lumbering was silly, I would have rather he added earthbound as a secondary effect to some abilities instead of changing lumbering as a whole. Like how Full Plate Armor gave lumbering and earthbound so you couldn't bypass it with Blessing of Almara etc.

flador likes this.
  18. sassquatch

I cant believe he wanted to merge the 2 abilities into weighty. that would be ridiculous. however I can agree that weighty on a ranged champ isn't that bad, and agree with your assessment there especially regarding thematic flavor. but for clutters sake get rid of inscrutable form already. it doesn't do anything in FF IS. also I keep forgetting its a ranged champ in general cuz I spent so long using it as a melee tank.

Now I really think flying should bypass lumbering. but instead of working earthbound into the various abilities (with the exception of weighty maybe) the individual champs should get it on a case by case basis (although I can agree on a generic level with this balancing approach).

19. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

Did Leoss Magnate just now get Heal Champion 3, or did he get it before? Of the three options, which do you prefer (Heal Champion 3, Haste or Regal Presence)?

Does anyone use Paragon of Ailur, even at 59 nora default? I think he still needs a rework. He was more useful before he lost Heal Mass. I haven't used him since. I'd like to see him get Divine Favor, so we don't have to use Priest of Valdac in a Leoss bg.

20. sassquatch

He got heal 3 instead of DF2 this patch. Personally I run 1 with pride and regal and the second with soul and haste.

I never have nor plan to use the paragon.