Peaks Ifrit

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by Vorian, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

This rune is amazing.

2. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Prove it.

3. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Is this the fire eaterr immune phs one?

Moga cannon + this guy. = insta win.

4. Vorian

It really does. I beat jayscales yesterday thanks to it.

5. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Marid isn't bad either

6. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

What upgrades do you run?

7. Vorian

Fire Acolyte and fire aura rank 2. 3 isnt worth 4 nora. The good thing about him is he can heal from artillery. I dont think I have lost yet using him.

8. Xuvali

Xuvali Devotee of the Blood Owl

Your welcome for showing you how awesome they are Vori ;)

9. Vorian

Thanks Xuvali.

10. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

Well lets just see how it goes after Moga Cannon gets nerfed to oblivion. I bet less ppl'll b talking about peaks ifrit once that happens

11. Leadrz

tbh it needs to lose either lumbering, or lose leap and gain ghernbound. or something. idk.
    (losing lumbering would increase its nora cost to high lvls)
    idk. xD

but yeah i think it will be nerfed.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2014
  12. RedScarlet

Loses lumbering, loses Encouraged, and a Ghernbound needs to be applied so that he won't be splashed as much.

The main issue is Encouraged he gets to a ridiculous amount of damage so easily. and yea, its 100% gnn be nerfed. If not, then well screw my own faction. He's really op as of now. Almost every split with SP includes him, beasts, fire, goodstuff.

13. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

LOL

SaintKiwi likes this.
  14. RedScarlet

Did I also mention a 6SPD in there, I hope so

15. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

I've said it before, I'll say it again.

- Encouraged
    - Artillery
    + Fire Blast

16. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

The issue redscarlet is that he would become shoeboxed under your suggestions, as moga slinger would be much much better

17. RedScarlet

Ye maybe I'm too harsh. I hate him for Encouraged + Rapid Attack in ST/FS splits.
    But Encouraged really needs to go.

Maybe to be fair, -Encouraged, +G'hernbound.

Nevermind, he'll be 12 nora cheaper that way. with Leap3 and ExplosiveAtk1 at 59 nora. Nevermind.

Btw, what's Fire Blast? the UD spell? I don't really get it...

Last edited: Oct 9, 2014
  18. Leadrz

Hes sugesting it do 50% artillery.

19. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

Re Ifrit: I still think he's a little costly and the aura upgrade tree doesn't require any interesting choices form the player. In addition, I've long thought that the auras should be priced at 4/6/8 rather than 2/4/8 because each rank adds two additional damage while the first rank also serves as a perseverance counter. I digress. I'd prefer an Ifrit that removed vulnerability magical and went to speed 6 (I believe that would be a net cost decrease), and then focused his upgrade trees on one offensive and one defensive: Path 1: Aura, Burn, Surge: Hyaenid, Path 2: Fire Eater, Fire Acolyte, and maybe Fire Immunity. But it probably makes sense to wait until Cannon is addressed.

Re Cannon: Ghern'bound doesn't make sense since he's too expensive. A ghernbound centered moga deck needs cheap moga to fuel surge, imo. This guy isn't cheap, and is really designed to be more splashable. I'd remove lumbering, leap, reduce to speed 6, and reduce damage by 2 (net effect +17 nora offset by speed and damage reductions). I'd also consider moving his range to 5-6 if further nora reductions are in order. Then I'd shift Path 1 to: Artillery Strike, Artillery, Explosive Attack, and Path 2 to: Encouraged, Surge Moga 1, + 2 or 3 damage).

20. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

The reason that Auras are cost the way they are is because Aura 3 is a lot more powerful than Aura 2. Aura 3 gets around Resilient, and it deal significantly more cumulative damage over a number of turns. Aura 1 is more of a consolation prize than anything else, or the option on ranged champs who are more likely to damage your own dudes. I would gladly pay 4 nora for the extra 2 damage a good amount of the time.