Please nerf the Bane Shift out of salaman hunter

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ray Finkle, Dec 19, 2015.

1. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle The King of Potatoes

I'm tired of having my champions hit for 20-30 damage from 1 attack at 8 range either out of stealth or stealthing afterwards by a 67 nora card. There's no way this is ever balanced, please Firking destroy this shitlord rune that is bailing people out.

I don't care that it has 35 hp, there's many situations you cannot just run your units at it because, well they have other units that are going to Firk you in the ass once you move forward and you also cant even target it half the time because it's stealthed so you have to either run detection at it or use an aoe spell JUST to reveal it so you can even do anything in the first place which you usually cant do because it sits at 8-9 range and you're out of ap or can barely attack it once by the time you get in range. There's many maps it's just sitting like 2 spaces from the shrine deployment zone popping your champions for 20+ that are just trying to contest mid font.

I don't have a problem with salamans but a 67 nora card that does what this card does is Firking absurd.

2. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Yeah, keep in mind that it is only 67 nora if it doesn't take bounty hunter which in that case means it would NOT be hitting for 20-30 damage at 8 range.
    So please, if you're going to try and present an argument to get a champion nerfed because you're Atomic Number 11 (look it up if you need to) at least present your argument with only correct statements.

Kthx, Bye

mortal ix and Vorian like this.
  3. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

it has 36 hp, drop a marker for where he is with your marker tab, run up cast a spell and slaughter his ass.

Ifem21 and Vorian like this.
  4. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

the devs making changes based on threads like this is why the game is still in a horrible state balance wise. salaman hunter isnt a problem you just need to improve your skill at the game.

5. Ray Finkle

I have been hit for 24 with a basic attack, and 25 with its piercing shot or whatever the 4 ap attack is, when they were not using bounty hunter. End of story. it gets lots of random damage buffs due to equips/other champions abilities. Ask gutsa or agentscully, both of them have hit me for 24/25 with the 67 nora version of it, and scullys was even on like turn 15 or something

6. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

you are playing against it wrong. I am not going to teach you how to play the game properly in this thread but all I can say is that this rune is not a real issue.

7. Ray Finkle

What am I supposed to do on maps where you're fighting over mid font and its sitting anywhere from 7-9 spaces away, if I run at it with champions im out of AP by the time I get there, ranged champions will be lucky to get off 1 attack and then I'm completely Firking out of position and bound to get assblasted by a counterattack.

I don't care what you say, I will never accept a card hitting for 25 from 8 range at 67 nora balanced. Never ever. There's no way around this, these are the facts, this is how hard it hits. This is how long it's range is. There is not a single card in the game that hits that hard, from that far, for that cheap.

Oh and did I mention it stealths so you either have to have detection unit to throw at it or you have to use an AOE spell/ability JUST to reveal it, in which case you're usually just going to lose that unit because you spent all your AP running at it.

Furthermore the idea that just because players of extremely high skill in the top .1% of the rankings don't find it difficult to play against, doesn't mean it's okay. I shouldn't have to be a god at poxnora before a card becomes beatable.

8. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

I understand your frustration, but r
    Its costs 78 nora with piercing Shot 3 and Bounty Hunter. Also if you engage it with a champ the opposing player has 2 options, retreat with it or it dies. Not to forget you can always move all ur champs out of its range, and just snipe your opponents champs with ur own long ranged units forcing them to attack you.

9. Ray Finkle

I'm talking strictly about the 67 nora version, which is what everyone I've played against has played it at. Moving your champs out of it's range is simply not an option on some maps because then you give up control over a key font, specifically on smaller maps where you're fighting over mid font only.

10. Vorian

The 67 Nora version struggles to deal more than 18 damage.

11. Ray Finkle

Not true. I think maybe once or twice in the last 10 times I've been hit by one has it done LESS than 20 damage. I've had it hit consistently over 20 against me. Even as high as 25 by turn 15 against agent scully where I was simply contesting mid font with a ritual cultist and I was attacked from like 1 space outside shrine deployment for 25 in 1 attack by the 67 nora version.

12. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

If you get hit by more than 18dmg, your enemy certainlly had spent more than 67nora to buff him at this state. So, your arguments are not valid, sorry.

13. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

If it had bounty hunter at 67 nora i would say it's over the top, as it is now it doesn't need looked at. Their are many ways to counter it try some crowd control or spells, if that doesn't work try spot removal of the unit in front of you that's blocking the way then rush the hunter. The rune is annoying but it used to be much much worse lol believe me.

What faction were you playing @Ray Finkle

14. super71

No he can hit for 18 actually with piercing shot rank 2, the rune isn't as overpowered as he says but it is pretty good for being so cheap. However the champs regular range is horrid and his defenses are terrible, but if he stays alive long enough or is deployed late i can think of multiple scenarios where i could get him to 25 damage plus pretty easily.

15. Ray Finkle

That's what the deck does, it's not like the deck is making a concession in order to buff the hunter because the buffs are good on other creatures too. Even without the hunter they would still be playing these cards in the deck so YOUR argument is not valid.

16. Phynixe

Phynixe I need me some PIE!

To be fair, Salaman as a theme are pretty ridiculous right now, but not everyone is playing it properly (hence why people think it's not as good as a few other themes out there.) What I believe the main issue is, DoG seems to be buffing or nerfing runes according to its power as an individual rune, rather than looking at the rune itself from a broader perspective, and balancing it out theme wise. Now, it's understandable to look at it as an individual rune due to how Meta battlegroups were completely dominant for most of the Poxnora span. Regardless, it has to be taken from the perspective of the theme. The salaman theme have the ability to reduce cooldowns and to increase damage at whim (Equipment aren't expensive, a few of the relics aren't either.) Having access to two major concepts of the game make them strong from there on out already. In addition, they all have a Provision of a sort, so in addition to the Salaman ability that increases damage (I do forget the name) but they also get additional damage just from equipping it onto a champion. All this, and they still have access to the highest ranged champion in the game that, as a result of the salaman racial, can dish out two shots and guarantee a kill.

super71 likes this.
  17. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

While Salaman can blow up their damage pretty quickly, the Hunter is crazy squishy. To keep that massive range it can't move and while I understand your frustration with the massive gap required to close the distance, you can always tweak your bg to lessen the damage taken from ranged units. Maybe throw in some evasive, dodge, whatever. And if that doesn't seem to help, try switching up your play style. And if THAT doesn't help, hit up the faction forums and ask around for some advice. Lot of clever people with clever solutions to problems you may run into.

18. Vorian

The easiest option is avalanche as that would take him out of hunters blind while doing some aoe damage.

19. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

Nothing to see here. Next thread.

20. super71

Very good post and i couldn't agree more.