Please remove unattainable runes from ranked

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by super71, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

I'm almost 100% sure it was Firking @chris0024 who caused this thread
    Him and his damn boas + fan faire lol

<3 u bro

2. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

"In the future, Colossal Boa will be given Warding as punishment for it's fascinating size. " -Nostradamus

3. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

Nerf KF.

And firk stats stacking and fan faire.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
  4. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I'm talking about old limited runes like fan faire, also you didn't address my comment about making them into legendaries or exotics ?

5. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

There is always the possibility of some of the other Limited editions may become Legendary runes like the Doombringers. We just don't have any specifics at this point.

6. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

hmm, I have a Fan Faire still and I dont currently play. PM with offers, as in limteds for a limited, or if @chris0024 or @Karmavore know of a KF player in need I could just do a loan option. Rather see it get used than collect dust.

Karmavore likes this.
  7. Cinder405

I hope whomever you loan it to is someone you can trust. You have good intentions though

8. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Miss you buddy! Come back home. Daddy misses you (Rorschach I mean) mommy misses you too.

Skullferno likes this.
  9. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

I can say I trust chris0024 and Karmavore judgement even though it has been so long since I last played. School and life has been owning me and this game really requires some dedicated attention just to jump back into playing. Until I can line up some time, I am just kind of forced to watch from the sidelines :(

I miss you guys also!

Cinder405 likes this.
  10. Cinder405

Well any friend of Karma's or Chris's is a friend of mine. Hope you come back soon.

11. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

I still gloat that I got my Fan Faire when it was worth less than a recolor is now. PB was actively trying to get rid of them some years ago and nobody cared so I was like "meh I'll get one just for giggles".

But about the thread, I only see Fan faire being powerful in a stalemate, when both players have lots of champions out, or when you're already winning. Otherwise it's just not efficient enough.

12. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

extremely rare runes floating around that are almost impossible to obtain,, where only the leetist have em,, powers to be used on me, yet I cannot have access to.
    these are exactly the type of things my friends are looking for when joining a new game,,

super71 likes this.
  13. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Very good point. One of the biggest letdowns when I started playing a game is seeing people with cool stuff and then knowing that I'd never be able to get them.

super71 likes this.
  14. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

All limited runes are obtainable people just aren't willing to drop the $ on them. Having said that Fan Faire is probably the main culprit as it is extremely powerful, Bane Shift like Vampyre Bat and Enraged Sentry people don't care about because they suck so it's not an issue .

15. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

What sick practises are going on in that guild on yours?

Ya'll need jezus

Tweek516, Alakhami, Pattn199 and 3 others like this.
  16. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

That's becaused Enraged Sentry is a reskin.

17. Skullferno

Skullferno I need me some PIE!

I am Papa Bear and Karmavore is Mama Bear. My guild is a family.

Also, the whole rune thing is whatever. We've had these rants in the past on harbs, spells, etc etc
    It doesn't matter, get over it. Regen ring could've been shattered, spells can help you take down tanky champs. Use your factions tactics to help deal with difficult champs, if your BG can't do that you might want to rethink it and edit it.

Tweek516, JellyBerry and Cinder405 like this.
  18. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

They're just runes. You have plenty to chose from. They don't win games on their own even when they provide a certain advantage (that can be minimized via deck building) and are easily replaced by anything. Be it Harbs or Fan Faire, they're not ridiculous as you all make it sound. No, I don't have either anymore so I'm not biased.

I'm also not keen on any of these runes receiving Doombringer treatment or getting copycats, especially because it's based on petty 'I don't haz this itz nu fair' arguments and there is nothing else to it. Worth noting that if you consider spreading something you find problematic to be a plausible well-thought solution then you're an idiot. "But but 10 out of 100 players have them!!!!!"- Shut up. I'd be okay with setting an individual rune store with limited stock every now and then so people cry less and get some of these in circulation once again (which I guess there are reasons for this not happening up until now), however as long as the player base stays the same it's also a bad idea.

Don't do reskins. It'll just further kill the trading aspect of this game. At least you can obtain these runes via trading, are they rare? Sure but it's possible. Now try to apply the same to the latest string of LE runes which are being released as non tradable because... Well God knows why... but hey no one cares about that! If only new players could get some runes to trade around to get started and older ones had the option to bid at will for these after missing on the couple of days it was available. Haha nope, not a thing. Lets have external trading websites do all the work and keep the game alive because of silly marketing decisions. Oh guys, don't forget to level the runes you can't trade with them 3k gold token packs, you'll feel like quite the bartering expert if you acquire those along with the avatar tokens! Wait wait... There are avatar tokens?

Either way, I can't really tell the direction in which DOG is heading in regards to trading and such as nothing has been done to endorse trading between players for as long as I have been around. Worth noting that none of that trading seems to happen all that much except for the runes everyone is trying to have spread around (and expansion runes because well, hustlers gon' hustle or expansion trade hype).

Y'all have fun and see you next week when another topic on this is made.

Edit: Also I find the 'lack of accessibility as a demotivating factor for newcomers' rather bemusing especially when most stand as pretty much collector's items. These which are something on their own accord become fancy looking alternatives which new players should understand as such instead of instantly demanding for them to become available. It's ok to have things to strive for and long term goals when it comes to rune acquisition, whether it should be pinned to trading alone or not is a completely different discussion.

Last edited: May 1, 2016
    Tweek516, Pattn199, Cydna and 2 others like this.
  19. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

if pox nora is competive , then how can one argue that not having access to everything is ok..?.whether they are strong or not is relative to the bg your building and ones opinion,, nothing more... what competition allows 1 team/player to have access to things the other doesnt?racing? baseball? soccer? chess? civs?, checkers? mtg?
    comments like"there not that powerful", I do find puzzling and really miss the mark on what im trying to say.
    I guess catering to a community of about 200 is one way to go...
    but we cant get all wierdo when we see a 68 player avg in the lobby. ..its moves like this that ensure pox will never even have a chance of being semi mainstream. . I been here since 09ish, have a vast collection, and well vested,, thats a big reason why im hanging on and tolerate alot of stuff...but if I was new checking this game out and really understood what needs to be done to be competitive? ! id be outta here ina sec.
    this is just my opinion has video gamer. not as pox player.

Ohmin and super71 like this.
  20. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Best not trying to talk logic to the people that showed up lately, it's the same people that slam all my other logical posts lol. Just let them run their mouths and hopefully with enough feedback the devs will take a look at all of it. Great posts by the way, and why the owls won't capitalize on this revenue is quite comical to me.