Please remove unattainable runes from ranked

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by super71, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

I agree and I see where you are coming from but there will always be runes out there that are rare/limited/etc...

2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

"everyones opinion is valid" is straight up bullshit

If your opinion is ruining the game for no reason other than your selfish desires that make no sense, than no, your opinion is not alright.

Any person would have noticed now that you're the only one trying to defend a broken system that inhibits the flow of new players and the enjoyment of older players alike. Got people like PHDTad with all the runes in the game coming out and saying it's wrong. Yet you're the jackass who has two runes that others can't easily get and to feel a little accomplished in life, others shouldn't be able to get them easily or at all. Man you're a delight.

JellyBerry likes this.
  3. Cinder405

I am delightful

4. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Ehh but in reality we know it has a huge impact when many of the collectors oppose things, dog says oh well they might quit and stop spending money. Hopefully they can see past the 10 people that are pox collectors for the hundreds or thousands of people that would enjoy playing with runes like g'rimthir or fan faire. You can argue all you want but at the end of the day it's on you to realize your only holding pox back by arguing limited's shouldn't be re-released for " collector reasons".

5. Cinder405

My argument is not "Don't release more of my High Value cards because Im a shark." I just don't like how people say these rune are unobtainable when in reality they are if you put in the work to find and obtain them .

DOG can re-release as many Fan Faires or Grimlics as they want and that will change the price in Poxbox value (Trade Value) HOWEVER the way I value the rune does not change because of the hard work I put in to get the rune, dedication and pride for my faction.

Release reskins of them and make money but do not release them as Limited Editions or else that defeats the purpose of them runes being "LIMITED". Give the LE versions of runes like Fan Faire and Grimlic special effects to separate them from the rereleased Legendary or Exotic ones and call it a day.

You see I'm not a shark like others. A shark is one who cares about the Poxbox Value (Trade value). I give two shitts about it. I just want to have unique LE runes that I can show off in ranked because I love my faction and know how hard it is to find LEs.

6. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

the argument is all limited should have forgable counterpart,, thats it,, no one is saying to re-release a limited. understand?

earlier I said GT should have a counterpart in the forge, not a limitd one. just a reg one,, if someones building a dragon bg it could be of use,, u said it wasn't that big a deal.,
    then went on to tell me how people want things for free, and people have to work in life for the things they want etc..(get real, were talking about ****** video game cards lol)
    and so after youre late nights of searching and overbidding u finally obtain your card (that u dont actually own),
    dont you think its a bit much to go through for a card that u want to add because you believe it may help (whether it does or doesn't is irelavant) you build a stronger bg? even more so new potential players? not a bit of a turn off u think?
    a non lim forgeable one is out of the question for u?
    I really dont get it.
    so instead of playing a complex stragety game on an even playing field,
    youd prefer a , hey look what cards I have that u can never have, yugi-ish type envionment?
    I prefer the serious game,, Firk the cards.

7. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

"Kaiba! You destroyed my grandfather's UD Harbinger! How could you!"

"Now there are only 2 UD Harbingers... and they are all in my deck!"

bambino likes this.
  8. super71

"Remove it from ranked or make a legendary version, any similar rune that has the power lvl of fan faire and is unobtainable should be made legendary or exo also."

Literally my first paragraph of this thread, if you had taken the time to read it it would have saved you 50 posts and a lot of spare time. Also you keep saying how you love your faction, many people love their faction and just would like the opportunity to own such runes at all.

9. Nite2kill

Nite2kill I need me some PIE!

I am not one to post a lot but -
    You cant have everything and everything you don't have cant be banned so that others that have it cant use it.
    DOG gave us a bone by opening up the Angeles, Doombringers and a few others for the masses to forge. But enough is enough.
    Certain runes should be kept from the masses, in any form, to thank the loyal players who put in their time and money over the years in support of this game.

Adapt and Overcome, Press-on

10. super71

Another player thinking of the past and not the future, it's sad really. I'm a loyal fan have poured tons of money into pox and have put in plenty of time and I still think new players should have a shot at getting older runes re-made into exotics or legendaries. I honestly can't believe people are still trying to argue this it's so silly.

11. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Question. if DoG agreed to this but the condition was that YOU could never have it would you be satisfied with that? Sorry if the question seems a bit random but it seems more like you're pissy that you can't get it and are just trying to hide it behind "new players won't like" this despite that i've never seen a new player complain about something like fan faire despite being at the top of a guild that features the heaviest concentration of new players in pox. sooooo who is this complaint really for again?

Last edited: May 9, 2016
    poinl and prymusedek like this.
  12. bambino

a new player wouldn't know how bad the FW fac bonus is relative to other fac bonuses since said player is new,
    that doesn't mean it doesnt suck.

Last edited: May 9, 2016
  13. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Im not even good at the game and i built a bg around using the bonus and won 23 games in a row. It doesn't suck at all

14. bambino

im sure you can build a bg around such, I also happen to know that your better then "good" :) but fw bonus argument wasnt my point.
    and one can argue theres not enough lims to make a diff (although I do expect this trend to continue) and make a good case. but
    aside from current exp,im just of the mind that all cards and abilities should be accessible in some way to all..
    whether youre talking time , money or both,, pox nora is a huge investment, a very hard sell to my friends, (serious tbs/ rts gamers but older and a bit more frugal) and just this topic alone would probably cause them to dismiss this game as a kids cards game, whether the lims were op or not,, its just the point of it I guess,, and im sure my statement is probably not relevant to you. and thats fine.
    but again,, I just dont get why the special border, pixel, a kool taunt isnt enough?
    can still show yer vet status, loyalty, that your kool, or whatever.
    I have a number of non forge lims myself, could care less if they were put in the runeforge tmmr.

15. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

Fan Faire isnt even a great spell any more. It's good, but mostly because of the psychologically superior feeling you get when you cast it and your opponent can't.

As Lushiri pointed out, it isn't very efficient unless you are already ahead.

16. super71

6 Pages deep people still don't get it, can't have a card game where all runes aren't available to everyone no matter if the cards are bad great or garbage. I smell the ocean up in this thread with all that salt you guys are throwing over here.

17. Nite2kill

I get your point - but the hard to get runes don't need to be re-skinned or released in a lesser rarity.
    Pox could take after Hearthstone and have a the limited/legendary runes forgeable
    The rarer is a card, the more Limited Shards(?), it needs to be crafted. you may receive The Limited Shards in two ways: by sacrificing the already owned Limited or Legendary card(s) or by playing ranked games.
    This will give the player incentives to play ranked to earn the Limited Shards to get card he/she wants. The winner of the match will get 2 Limited Shards and
    Example Giving Tree worth 160 Limited Shards so you will have to win 80 ranked games as well as forging the Giving Tree you will get 30 ~ 50 Limited Shards and forging a lesser rune that was made Limited like Executioner or Grimlic will get 5 ~ 10 Limited Shards

Last edited: May 10, 2016
  18. super71

I don't care how the runes can be obtained just as long as everyone can obtain them. Also I don't like the idea of them being limited edition runes again, make them exo or legendaries and call it a day this will keep the limiteds at their current rarity and price.

19. Nite2kill

Not a true statement entirely - they will keep their rarity but will delete the purpose of having Limited runes since you can get the rune at a lesser rarity, limited would be obsolete

20. super71

Limited will never be obsolete because these runes will never again be printed as limited's , those limited's will always have value and over time become more valuable as they aren't in circulation anymore. Allowing people to forge limiteds is a dumb idea and would drop the prices instantly for rune slike fan faire, however making them exo will keep the limited edition runes valuable because they won't be re-released as limited edition runes.

I really don't understand why it's so hard for everyone to understand this, limited edition runes will always be valuable because we don't want those runes re-released as limited edition runes. I feel like for some reason everyone just isn't grasping this concept.