Poll and Demon idea.

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by Leadrz, Sep 9, 2014.

?

Should demons' get some sort of racial?

1. Yes

45.0%
  2. No

55.0%
  1. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

Immunity fire can be a problem for fire eaters which can rely on fire damage to heal.

Leadrz likes this.
  2. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

There need to be racials for the different types of demon.
    Deep Elves don't really need one, they have Treachery and are akin to regular elves (who have no racial).
    Bok could get aerial supremacy or something.
    Maybe Maxx/Sheoul Demon/Lower Beast could get lumped together.
    We need more Vothsairs.

3. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

this is the only thing that REALLY matters.

4. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

Baby Vothsair, has Violent and that one ability that gives multiattack if within 3 spaces of a champ of the same race.
    He wants to grow up just like daddy.

Leadrz likes this.
  5. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

SOUNDS SO CUTE.

Like goddam let this evil little kid rip apart your armies.

MEATMAN likes this.
  6. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

Vothsair

On topic, I think the reason lore-wise that demons haven't had a racial is that demons don't really work together. If demons do get a racial (not saying that they shouldn't) it shouldn't follow the champion counting paradigm where the ability triggers when a friend enters play or you get a bonus when X champion with condition Y are in play. Instead it should be a self contained bonus that when it exists on all your champs creates a BG that is unique as a whole. I would like to briefly plug the Vothsair racial I came up with:

Blind Rage - This champion has Faithless. As long as this champion isn't occupying your spell presence it gains Arrow Eater

Which by the way is an example of what I was talking about. It doesn't count champions or interact with other elements in a direct way but rather encourages building the BG a particular way that results in something unique. By the way, I'm not suggesting Blind Rage for all demons, I'm suggesting it for Vothsair. Just an example of what I'm trying to convey.

Leadrz likes this.
  7. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

so can you give an example for demons?
    would be like this
    Demonic aura - whenever a demon champion is non font i gains horrific Aura

8. Authyrtyr

Personally I'd like something that relates to the demon lore from Pox. What comes to mind for me is the fact that demons are reborn whenever they die (through Votaev) and I'd like to somehow mix that with the idea of demons being hyper aggressive.

Maybe:
    Dark Soul - When this champion dies it is concealed in the runedock with Short Lived 1.
    The idea being that the demon is ready for battle again immediately but that you'll have reduced value on the nora expenditure to play it since it'll die quickly.

Another lore friendly option that I thought of that sort of goes with existing paradigms of racial design is a master/slave model (ie G'hern/Moga or Pack Leader/Mentality). I feel that a lot of the Underdepths is ruled by fear. Low level demons are directed by high level demons.

Master - Friendly champions with Servant within 5 spaces gain 1 AP at the beginning of your turn
    Servant - When a friendly champion with Master enters play this champion gains +2 damage and -1 DEF for 2 turns

9. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

Votaev's Altar is already an implementation of the demons being reborn.

10. Authyrtyr

I know, I'm just trying to think of ideas that fit into the thing that I mentioned above. I didn't really have an exact idea of a racial that would fit the demons well but I thought that if the demons got a racial that it shouldn't follow the champion counting paradigm. That's all I was really trying to get across. I tried to think of some good ideas but I'm drawing blanks.