Poll: weekend tourneys.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Leadrz, Sep 19, 2015.

?

Do you play the weekend tournaments ?

Poll closed Sep 26, 2015.
  1. Yes I do

34.4%
  2. No I don't

65.6%
  1. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Do you play them?
    How often?
    Are they exciting?
    Do you play them for the competition or the reward?
    Do they make you play pox specifically for the tourney?
    What do you like about them?
    ,Why?
    If you don't play them what would be incentive to play them?
    And any comments.

I'd like to know, the poll will be a yes or no for if you play, but feel free to answer my questions here.
    Abit of feedback for our greens.
    Please make it constructive.

As incentive for feedback, I will select someone who answers these questions at random from this thread and gift them a forge-able exotic of their choice.

2. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

I just play ranked, I'd only play this if it gave special rewards or if I needed runes.

3. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

didnt know it existed

4. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Sometimes I play them. Most of the time I don't like waiting 20-30 mins to find 4 people to do one.

5. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

6. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

i hardly see people doing the tourney its almost always empty

7. Qucas

Qucas Guest

I played once, just for the rewards but only if it's a four man tourney.
    Will play more often but no one is ever in the tourney lobby.

8. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

When I get the chance, and other people are around to play them. Playing at all seems less likely for plenty of people now that the US school semester is getting into swing, though.

9. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

I'd play them, but I never seem to be around when other people play them.

10. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

So feedback suggests certain dedicated times, or maybe a countdown ingame so all 4 people join.
    Global announcements of people joining?

11. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

From what I can tell most tourneys are people queing with friends or alts and surrendering for the rewards.

Anima26, Pattn199 and JellyBerry like this.
  12. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Too much stuff going on at weekends and I just play non ranked at random times for fun. Also I can no longer play as my old knackered PC has finally died and my nice new Mac won't run Pox. Which is rather disappointing.

13. skarpox

skarpox The King of Potatoes

Why not on a mac? I run pox on mine.

14. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

I have no idea. I have 10.8.5 and it won't run.

15. Pattn199

Pattn199 I need me some PIE!

Play them every now and then, depending on who's in them. usually its just filled with d*cks and there alts making you wait 30 mins while being rude in chat

Anima26 likes this.
  16. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

This is especially true for the 4-man tourneys.

Pattn199 and Anima26 like this.
  17. DrSteve

DrSteve I need me some PIE!

I play them when I don't have the runes that are being offered. I already have 2 hooligans, so I didn't play this one.

18. skarpox

skarpox The King of Potatoes

Here is what I do. Click the Pox icon. When the splash screen pops up, click "Play Now." The game should shut down and not work, which is what happens to me. I then repeat the same steps, and it works the second time if you do it immediately.

19. Nite2kill

Nite2kill I need me some PIE!

you join and you get to play against the ST/?? spell builds - once you face that you don't play anymore

Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
  20. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

I have ,, but I dont regularly, ,, they seem a little meh. and the rewards could be better,, although this might encourage these tourney scams as stated....
    i might be more interested if the tourney had twists,, like highlander or min max mana runes only, maybe certain rarities only, or other game types like we use to have.., this might break up the same ol same ol situation that we have...if it were a league I could understand usual format,( id love a league,, anyone ever do em on mtgo? ) ,, but cmon lets shake it up a bit.
    on a side note I think tournies going down every hour or so would be better then just waiting for 4/8 players to que..

Leadrz likes this.