Polluted Martyr?

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by jesterman7, Mar 30, 2014.

1. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Food for though:

You can reanimate gravewatcher. (Coragh + Gravewatch + reanimate gravewatch = new coragh and new gravewatcher although since both are now reanimated you'll have to use his off cool down exhume on something else.)
    Rider champs will still spawn their rider even when being reanimated.
    This doesn't work with brainless or death spawns

2. Nite2kill

Nite2kill I need me some PIE!

I wonder if this will work -
    with harvester on the deck
    Cast Necroweave - 40 nora
    deploy martyr - 90 nora
    cause damage
    cast gore explosion - 40 nora
    cause more damage
    collect globe
    redeploy

Grant it that this my take place over 2 or more turns as long as necroweave is active

3. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

Tbh I would like to see him get a support ability. Right now he is just a spell that happens to be a champion. He could do with something active to be doing.

4. Mercer Skye

Mercer Skye I need me some PIE!

True, but you just don't want him doing too much, otherwise we start encroaching how impactful that relatively low cost is, on top of making him an even juicier target for your opponent.

It's not that I'm opposed to a buff, specifically, I'm more worried on just how much margin he has to work with for a buff.

5. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

I think if the buff required him to get closer to combat to utilize it, he wouldn't need to gain any cost. Risk vs Reward. You can use him as you do now, or get a little risky :p

Another option might be adding a mechanic to lower his cooldown through gameplay. Right now he really is pretty much single use.

6. Mercer Skye

Mercer Skye I need me some PIE!

Single use only if you don't employ any means to 'reset' your revealed runes (Like setback or Stitched Concealer).

7. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Now with whisperghast, polluted martyr becomes more viable, because you can throw his initiative into your opponent's face without baiting them to your font, and cast: despoil will do a great deal to get his globe and keep cc away from him.
    I think that other thing that could make quite the difference, is changing necroweave to half the cost and half the effect, because sincerely, I only see it utilized for the bonus of a turn or two.