Polymorph

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by dsjtheman, Mar 6, 2014.

1. dsjtheman

dsjtheman I need me some PIE!

I brought this topic up to DoG in chat one day while playing pox and wanted everyone's thoughts. DoG was the creator of Polymorph so it seems like a fitting opportunity to either fix or change the spell and get it back into circulation. I believe the exact words from DoG dev I spoke with was, "polymorph was the bane of my existance." Its just too cool of a spell to get left behind and throw in the towel.

My idea if the spell could not be fixed to work properly was to make it a spot version of metamorphasis. It would essentially do the same thing right?

Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
    anahuac1 likes this.
  2. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

goddammit

3. RedDain

RedDain I need me some PIE!

1) Spot version of metamorph?
    2) It's dOg, not DoG.

4. Pico

Pico I need me some PIE!

I agree that DoG should do something about this. Unsure what though.
    I'm helping i swear.

dsjtheman likes this.
  5. dsjtheman

yea spot of metamorph, thats what i meant. you say tomato i say tomaaato

6. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Polymorph could also be made into an uncleansable single-target Regulate.

Xinde and dsjtheman like this.
  7. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Change it back to its original iteration. Pls, for the children!

Seriously though, I dunno how I feel about changing it. If it ever gets buffed, I won't be able to run it in my shoebox decks anymore. Besides, they would probably have to re-release it or make it accessible in some way, since the vast majority of people don't own one.

anahuac1 likes this.
  8. RedDain

RedDain I need me some PIE!

how about giving out massive amounts of free stuff in exchange for my copy of it?

anahuac1 likes this.
  9. dsjtheman

well my first choice would be for them to fix its current form and re release it. i once owned one but used it to craft thorn collection SMH!!!! If only i knew then i would be able to buy TC.

10. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

I'd love to see little pink bunnies again, just saying.

anahuac1 and dsjtheman like this.
  11. anahuac1

anahuac1 The King of Potatoes

Yeah pink bunnies are awesome we need the spell to be playable.

12. ARlSTOTLE

ARlSTOTLE The King of Potatoes

Resurrection complete.

I would have no problem with my Polymorph being made LE, and them re-releasing a playable version. So long as mine became LE, I really don't care who else obtains a normal copy. I was lucky enough ages ago to get my hands on a LEAA. When I saw the Poly change coming down, I traded it for 3 Poly's. 1 of which I traded off later for massive amounts, one of which I made into a TC, and the last one I still have, and always shall.

13. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I wish I had held on to mine.

I would like to see the spell come back, I would also like to see something similar to the original spell return. Given that Mimic seems to work, I bet they would be able to code something. Maybe a spell that converts your opponent's champ into a Mountain Garu with the HP of the nearest champ. Since it seemed like it was always your mountain garu that was near death that you were using Polymorph to copy.

14. dsjtheman

same. i used to have two of them but used them to create my two TC's QQ

15. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I don't even have my TCs any more. I managed to grab an extra Renovator recently, and I plan to hold onto it for a long time, perhaps someday trading my extra one, but I'll never let go of my first.