Post bad upgrade lines here:

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nebron, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

That was not just a signature ability: Ambassadors and Diplomats are 2 sets of 8 runes each, the first having Secure Fonts and the second having Annex. By removing Annex you retract that rune from that set, which is huge and completely not the same as simply removing a signature ability. Imagine changing one of the Warbanners to not being the same with the rest. Sorry for my tone, I just think this is important and should not be overlooked. For the record, I don't even own one.

Tarathil likes this.
  2. ProR2D2

ProR2D2 I need me some PIE!

I agree. Maybe Annex doesn't make sense on a diplomat, but annex actually doesn't make sense in any champion. Its just an ability that provides something new to the game, and all diplomats should have it to be in line with the others in terms of lore, specially if its not a game changing ability.

3. Gwyndionnz

Gwyndionnz I need me some PIE!

If we're going to be pedantic (and I am going to be) the signature ability of the diplomats was Diplomat, which was a 2-3 round global pacify. They got rid of it and slapped annex on them instead.

Faust and SPiEkY like this.
  4. ProR2D2

Yeah I liked Diplomat but I think they removed it because it was exploitable in some way.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2014
  5. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

You are missing the point. Changing the defining characteristic of a whole set is fine as long as it remains a set; removing runes from a set is not.

6. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

they removed diplomat as an ability because, plainly put, it was stupid.

edit- to expound a bit on that, it was either a disincentive to run a diplomat (because anyone else running a diplomat would screw you if you wanted to deploy your diplo when you needed it) or an offbeat gimmick setup (mostly the first one)

7. IR0NHAMMER

IR0NHAMMER The King of Potatoes

DMC has no basic attack but still has burn and declare hunted

8. Nebron

Nebron I need me some PIE!

Cyclops Youth has power attack on base instead of a basic attack (His first upgrade tree is all 3 ranks of power attack)

9. G_Ro91

G_Ro91 The King of Potatoes

Zombie Catapult is summoning full HP zombies...

10. mahesar

mahesar The King of Potatoes

Crystal Wolverine has rend 1/1/3 as an upgrade path.. kinda redundant with the whole eviscerating luminescence ability. It would be nice to not have to his 2 good upgrades AND endless devotion on the same path. Endless devotion being an upgrade on the crystal champs almost defeats the purpose of that upgrade path as it's the only thing that makes the theme work, not for the immortality, but for the nora gem.

Am I the only one that wishes most of the damage aura champs had another upgrade on that path instead of just aura 1/2/3? I know I'd rather have a choice between 1-2 ranks of the aura and... anything else, than it being mandatory.

11. Faust

Faust Devotee of the Blood Owl

Draksar Forerunner

BASE:
    Elusive and Camouflage

kinda pointless to make every ranged atack miss vs him and then add Camo to reduce ranged dmg. i mean only usefull when he is cc'ed but still waste of slot better make him -2 nora or so.

Kampel likes this.
  12. Faust

13. Ralphen

Ralphen I need me some PIE!

Aspect of Chaos

One of the upgrades gives it a charge when using a basic attack... what basic attack?

14. polltroy

polltroy I need me some PIE!

Guarded: garu was not part of the patch notes. Also Guarded: garu seems not to work at all in the game, or at least not according to description.

15. s4ndm4ns

s4ndm4ns I need me some PIE!

Ripples on Nohkan Grandmaster, he has no CD abilities...

16. ProR2D2

Collosal, loyalty, and roar of the fallen are very strong for what they are costed, as far as I have seen. They deserve an increase in their upgrade nora cost.

17. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

elven prodigy has blindfold and precision, just a waste of ablility space

18. Faust

Brewmaster - the drunken theme core - does not have Class - imo he should be BRUTE - since brutes benefit the most from brews, at least blacklabel ones.

19. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

Haunting Spirit
    It has no upgrades to choose!
    (And was nerfed to speed 1 :eek: !!!! ?????

20. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Drunken Thug has Resilient on Base and also as Default upgrade. Too bad they dont stack :p