Post your longest match

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by newsbuff, May 27, 2014.

1. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

Go to your profile, match history, sort by duration. Post here along with any memories of the game if you can recall.

Win: NewsBuff

Loss: unforsakin

Type: 1v1

Ranked: Yes

Map: Savage Tundra

Rounds: 46

Date: Jun 7, 2010 9:27:14 PM

Duration: 2h 18m

2. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

boozha

juicey2323

1v1

Yes

Forglar Swamp

15.06.2011 14:08:15

363381h 8m

Legit as hell

3. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Markoth

KngSht

1v1

Yes

Shattered Peaks

Jun 15, 2011 7:37:24 PM

363386h 37m

4. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

h0spy

GabrielQ

Yes

K'thir Forest

May 01, 2014 06:07:52

2h 4m

All I can remember was me wanting to shoot myself and to surrender if the game ever exceeds 1 hour.

5. Intweener

Intweener I need me some PIE!

WhiteLG

Zorcky

1v1

No

Ironfist Pass

29-jun-2007 20:43:20

2h 32m

Mogas vs elves starter deck. We both didn't want to concede and i think we wiped each others decks completely like 10 times?

, or the time i tried to fill all of the FW map with oozing slags, there was like 20 min delay per turn, and the game froze in the end.

Last edited: May 27, 2014
  6. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Mine is that with hospy also I was playing meta FS (it's recent), I remember killing 5 times a minotaur sentry (there was a concealer involved) and hospy retributing my avatar that I thought stealthed to win.
    Strangely, that's my only match above two hours and I seem to lose a lot in matches above 1 hour. Weird.

7. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

upload_2014-5-27_21-59-17.jpeg

The way he handles the ladies, I think he's perfect. I know he's the one for me.

8. Poxbrothers

Poxbrothers Devotee of the Blood Owl

josh753

lumatek

1v1

Yes

K'thir Hill - Baskitkase

Jan 8, 2014 8:27:15 AM

2h 33m

So that makes me the winner from the legit games with a 1min edge!

Sincerely,

Josh753

9. Nemorga

Nemorga I need me some PIE!

A 2v2 game (22-nov-2011). It took us 2h 34 min to win, and I can't remember a thing about it...

10. Poxbrothers

Poxbrothers Devotee of the Blood Owl

Oh, I figured 2v2 games didn't count, I'm winning there too:

josh753
    Lanfir

mati900
    Flavorite

2v2

Yes

Ruins Of Valdac

Dec 14, 2010 12:55:25 PM

2h 36m

If I remember correctly the game could have still gone in all directions even after that time, eventually lumatek just surrendered (would've given him a FQ if he'd asked, haha).

Sincerely,

Josh753

11. iodomy

iodomy Member

overkill99

iodomy

1v1

Yes

Shattered Peaks

Jul 3, 2012 7:44:03 PM

2h 48m

I don't remember anything about this one. Second place is a 2:21 win against Komes on K'thir Baskitkase from April of this year, so I feel like I should remember it, but no. I have way too many games in the 1-2 hour range following that.

12. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

13. devilsrath

devilsrath I need me some PIE!

DevilsRath

TheNidhogg

1v1

Yes

Savage Tundra

Apr 11, 2014 1:30:09 AM

2h 0m

This was recent but i can't remember what either of us were playing

14. devilsrath

devilsrath I need me some PIE!

15. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

clint21raz

MadHobbit2

1v1

Yes

K'thir Forest

Nov 15, 2011 6:04:33 PM

2h 55m

Ah, I remember this game.............I was playing FF FW Attrition, he FF UD. Neither of us were willing to cross the river until about round 20 when he did his first powerturn. It ended up wiping out 90% of my units, but with an Unholy Tomb still in play I fought my way back using mainly Broken Bones, Decayed Merc, and a Serkan that survived his assault with 3 HP. This was before Vendetta, but Serkan was still very powerful. It helped that I was running 19 champions in that deck, so I thought if I managed to get my font back I'd outlast him. I did end up getting it back, and we pushed at each other back and forth until both our avatars were out and very low. I ran a Broken Bones up to his avatar and equipped it with Reaper's Blade, thinking the Soulstrike would make short work of him, but alas, he remained with 1 HP (math sucks donkey balls). He pulled off a fairly typical UD cheese play, using FR on my Serkan so that Defensive Strike would not proc, then relocated his Sheoul Demon into double attack range for a kill on my avatar. At the end of it all, he swore he would never play vs. me again, and that "Broken Bones is an overpowered piece of Bane Shift, I hope I never see another one ever again".

I've never played him since. :(

16. Hekatian

Hekatian The King of Potatoes

This is my longest match, it may not look that long in the picture but believe me, its the longest one I`ve ever seen:
    [​IMG]

17. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

My pun was better

Also, I don't know why you're all bragging about matches you failed to close out or you lost. If anything the fastest wins are an achievement, not the slowest

18. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Slow wins make for a better experience than fast wins. Fast wins have no substance; there is nothing to be proud of, because all a fast win means is your opponent was so bad that it wasn't even a challenge for you to beat them. Put another way: do people remember the quick skirmishes between small groups of forces, where one side might have had an extremely decisive advantage? Or do they remember the epic struggles that rage on for decades, where heroes are created and destroyed, hearts won and lost, and lasting impressions made on all the minds touched by their experiences in said battle?

19. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

What can I say, I come fast and reign victorious.

Dagda likes this.
  20. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

[​IMG]

The first one is whatever, but the next 2 are interesting : first game on this account was March 3.

So I'm guessing those were old TG dumb games. Considering the old free SL bg (what I remember playing the most) was basically rush with Ravager and drop eggs, I don't know wtf happened.

Not pictured : 1h14 game on FW map. HOW?

21. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

FF IS vs the OP version of tortuns(old racial turtle 2 round CD) on SP map with me IS and FS/KF Dmrbadguy.

The guy deployed every tortun he could.

I basically marched my army through his entire force onto his avatar cornering it.