Potential Runes That Need Love

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by Skullferno, Sep 1, 2016.

1. Skullferno

Skullferno I need me some PIE!

I'd honestly like to lose the idea of the charge system. It is clunky and it only works on a handful of champs. It be better to fit stuff into the simpler idea then keep old mechanics alive when nobody really uses them.

2. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

Changing a rune just because it is not being played currently does not mean it is a rune that should be changed. You can say that for several themes but wiping them out by completely reworking the rune to create an entirely different rune is not good design. That's not even balance it is just reusing old/previous artwork to make something that others deem not worthy of current status viable.

Like I said Sea Song has several uses, two of which are in fact in faction. Now if they are not up to your standard of runes that should exist then go on your way of ignoring them. Take a look at Fortify; why in the hell should that rune exist? Perhaps to simply exist for the sake of design. Sea Song does exactly what it says it does, I'm not sure if you're aware but that is the Holy Grail of Poxnora.

I'm not against new mechanics, but if mew mechanics are introduced by implementing old artwork I have to ask what is the point.

I like the idea of Sea Song receiving Spellsurge, however I'm not sure that new charge mechanics are going to be made. It still stands that the existing rune does what it says and that it works properly with the runes that can utilize it.

3. aseryen

I can see charges being removed; should that happen I want all the runes with charges to have their best foot forward while being looked at/reworked. All Sea Song is, is a representation of a charge spell and reworking it so that it fits somewhere else is not a bad thing it's just that since I do think charges will be removed that means those runes are going to be looked at and I think keeping as many runes available for changed is better.

Sea Songs artwork doesn't exactly fit the design so most likely when charges gets removed Sea Song may very well be what someone suggests, but my current stance regardless of what the future holds for the theme is that the rune does what it says and works with the runes that can utilize it. If this was a discussion about FS charged runes and how they can be changed while clearly stating that charges are being removed/rework I would be up for discussion.

What are your thoughts on Disintegrate, it can't be used in all of PvP so should it be reworked? It falls in line just the same as charges because Stitched are pretty much fleshed out and the runes that the theme has is what they have to work with for who knows how long.

4. Skullferno

Skullferno I need me some PIE!

there are such runes that can't be ran in rank that I have brought up that need changed but apparently it is on the back burner

5. aseryen

There are runes, and it is good that DoGz is accepting of these runes in game, that do not work in PvP. The fact that they cannot be in PvP does not mean they should be changed.

Sea Song is not one of these runes but I was using Ranked banned runes as an example of the limited use a rune may have. There are plenty of runes that are designed for very limited runes, Sea Song is so far down the list of charged runes that it shouldn't get changed until others have. The problem is that charges are on the backburner, that doesn't mean the runes connected to them are fair game.

6. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Completely redesign Turtle Rider. Just turn it into something flavourful for FS's beast contingent.