Pox Analysis: what do you want to see?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BurnPyro, Jul 1, 2015.

?

What subject would you like to see some analysis on by the Pox Analysis team?

1. Maps

5 vote(s)
    5.7%
  2. Strategy

11 vote(s)
    12.6%
  3. Deckbuilding

19 vote(s)
    21.8%
  4. Positioning and board control

37 vote(s)
    42.5%
  5. Matchups

7 vote(s)
    8.0%
  6. Other

8 vote(s)
    9.2%
  1. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Your algorithm is also bad at detecting minor grammatical slips.

(Hoping we can go 3/3 on new OT threads)

2. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

Well, I'd like to see both Positioning and Deckbuilding...

Deckbuilding simply because I am so often frustrated trying to choose between overly similar champs and champs that make a small difference, but I can't quite tell which is better.

Positioning because I can always learn more.

3. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Bump for test

4. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Good stuff Dmr/burn/strings/Kal
    Keep then coming let me know I'd you need any help with KF!

5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

also maroth!

Karmavore likes this.
  6. KPIC

KPIC Devotee of the Blood Owl

I would start the theme creation and the difference between race based (dwarf), class based (archer), and strat based (poison amp). Then, explain champ selection. End with front game positioning and mid game strategy.

7. wansum

wansum New Member

@DMrBadguy I enjoyed the test video. Lot's of interesting viewpoints.

It'd be nice to have everyone introduce themselves (Name/Years Playing/Main Faction) in the beginning. It was tough to tell who was who.

8. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

All of us have been playing since the start, on and off. The deep mexican voice is dmr, the sexy husky voice was that ever elusive BurnPyro. Who cares about the rest really.

9. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I chalage you to a voice duel...
    [​IMG]

Edit: A meet the bozos video would be easy enough to record.

IMAGIRL, Qucas and Boozha like this.
  10. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

2 hours to build a bg really ? :p very informative though i liked it.

11. KPIC

KPIC Devotee of the Blood Owl

I think that, when you play the same rune but in different battle groups, positioning and board control may be different. I do not think separate videos are necessary but interjections these ideas along the way helps.

12. Phynixe

Phynixe I need me some PIE!

Strategy, because I feel like that's what this game lacks nowadays.

13. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

It was a long video but very informative.

14. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

thats because of the excessive amount of shoebox runes and abilities this game still has.

15. Carpetbagger

Carpetbagger New Member

I would like to know how to position better. I guess general advice

16. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Sadly this is the one part where advice helps little. It's not just about "knowing" how to position, you have to keep in mind your enemy champions, relics, and whatever runes he may suddenly deploy to then consider how many spaces are safe between your champions and his; you have to count how many spaces allow for the best damage advantage you can get - as in deal more damage and take less, making best use of a champion's range, non-basic abilities. The best case scenario would be having an advantage in kills just by using you AP in a wiser manner than your opponent( it can be easily noticed in old player vs new player games). It saves you nora that less experienced players normally waste with spell spam.

Not to mention the importance of understanding which spells your enemy can use to keep a safe space between your champions to minimize damage - you don't keep your guys 2 spaces close to each other against UD, much less leave anything adjacent to them vs ST. It's a matter of practice.

Also one big reason of losses is damage miscalculation: when you realize there's nothing you can do but leave your enemy at low HP because you didn't think you'd need that double tap(attacking twice with the same champion, for those who didn't know),

Sadly doing everything required is way easier said than done, and the player who best keeps track of his space counting is Tiny. Coincidentally, today I've seen him predict exactly where a stealthed enemy would be, and destealth it with a Disease Breath - a shadowspawned enemy in a big map. Of course he makes mistakes, but the trick is minimizing those to force your enemy into miscalculating steps more than you.

What most of us should strive for is the basics - AP/space counting, and knowing at least which runes are most used so your enemy doesn't surprise you with spells - this memory search should be done whenever you start a game: ask yourself what you enemy can use that will get you in trouble, it helps a lot. The rest comes with time and a lot of practice, maybe.

Carpetbagger likes this.
  17. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Leave 4 AP on your champions, don't attack if it will leave you with less AP on your next turn that your opponent will have at the end of their next turn, and make sure that no more than 2 of your units can be hit by an AoE2 attack at time. Try those out.

Carpetbagger and Lushiris like this.